PDA

View Full Version : Story Ending

Hobodealer
07-01-2011, 03:34 PM
Please! I urge you Ubisoft, do not kill the protagonist at the end. At the end of Far Cry 2 I was so close to getting all the diamonds caches, I decide to do the last mission and guess what? You die and I had to do the whole bloody game again!! I almost snapped my disk!!! PLEASE!!!! Allow you to free roam and complete the rest of the story after the last mission! Regardless of whether Jason Brody finally escapes the island or some crap.

Martythemerc
07-01-2011, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Hobodealer:
Please! I urge you Ubisoft, do not kill the protagonist at the end. At the end of Far Cry 2 I was so close to getting all the diamonds caches, I decide to do the last mission and guess what? You die and I had to do the whole bloody game again!! I almost snapped my disk!!! PLEASE!!!! Allow you to free roam and complete the rest of the story after the last mission! Regardless of whether Jason Brody finally escapes the island or some crap.

Your character does not just die at the end of FC2 - the story ends if you take the diamonds to the refugee camp, and yes, I believe the Jackal lives because he took the flare gun with him to light the fuse from a distance. I still have to ty that one with my own flare gun. But yes, let's have a free roam after hostilities at the end of FC3

Martythemerc
07-01-2011, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Martythemerc:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hobodealer:

Your character does not just die at the end of FC2 - the story ends if you take the diamonds to the refugee camp, and yes, I believe the Jackal lives because he took the flare gun with him to light the fuse from a distance. I still have to try that one with my own flare gun. But yes, let's have a free roam after hostilities at the end of FC3 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hobodealer
07-03-2011, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Martythemerc:
Your character does not just die at the end of FC2 - the story ends if you take the diamonds to the refugee camp, and yes, I believe the Jackal lives because he took the flare gun with him to light the fuse from a distance. I still have to ty that one with my own flare gun. But yes, let's have a free roam after hostilities at the end of FC3
Yeah I know that but the Jackal says just before, "We're both going to die, one person has to blow up the canyon and the other will end up putting a bullet in his head when he crosses the border."

Mr_Shade
07-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Don't forget that the jackals body is never recovered according to the ending credits...

Martythemerc
07-03-2011, 01:16 PM
Maybe a Far Cry 4 will come back to the Jackal?
Maybe we'll encounter the Jackal in Far Cry 3 at some point with one of Far Cry 2's mercs as an ally? We'll see when the game comes out. They might even throw in Carver?

Gump The Great
07-04-2011, 11:07 PM
I think the Jakal would fit in Farcry 3 perfectly, he is quite crazy in a way. He is just a realist doing a messy job that needs to be done. In the end, he turns out to be quite trustworthy. you could almost argue that the Jackal was the "good guy" in Farcry 2, and the main character was just a greedy merc.

o0Kman0o
07-05-2011, 08:57 AM
Well someone has to supply a island of crazy people with guns and ammo.. hahaha... Wait!