PDA

View Full Version : Need for Patch ASAP

FA_FLY
12-14-2004, 08:55 PM
The need for a patch is immediate.
I have noticed a large drop in gameplay on the FA server and others. I have heard the complaints and fear that if the patch does not come soon we may have defections to another simulation.
The pacific fighter game is a great game but i think it should have been a more complete game before it was released. Two to three patches in the amount of time that the game came out is a reflection on the game itself.
I and many like myself would like to see the patch ASAP to fix current problems and give us the planes that are necessary for a more realistic pacific venue. Planes such as a Japanees torpedo bomber and some early Japanees planes for the early part of the war in the pacific.
I being an advicate for the pacific fighters game, hope to see some real results soon before it is to late.
We don't in the simulation community want a flop like CFS3.
There were just two many problems in that game to mention and i wouldn't like to see that in the pacific fighter game.

Looking forward to a patch soon.

FA_FLY

VW-IceFire
12-14-2004, 08:59 PM
Don't agree...servers are as busy as ever.

But thats just me.

Had trouble with the FA server...I forget what it was. A few things...never seemed to run smooth. UK Dedicated, TX-0C3, WarClouds...all running great.

Firestorm07
12-14-2004, 09:18 PM
The patch is not needed, it is however, strongly desired by those who are passionate about this wonderful and consuming hobby.

Are people becoming disheartened that things that were promised are not necessarily being delivered? - maybe, I know I'm becoming somewhat impatient due to the fact that my squad's policy is not to use beta patches and yet all servers on hyperlobby are using the 302bm patch.

Are people leaving? - I think I've noticed some people not turning up regularly of late, many from our squad visit HL less and less, I dont know if this has been a result of their feeling that the "fun" component is waning. (Perhaps patch related)

Will this lead to a switch in simulations? I dont believe so. This product is so far above any other in the field that I dont see how a sane person would leave it for another sim such as CFS3.

So, our patience is being tested. That's fine, it's christmas, take a week's break, spend some time with the family, go outside, take a walk in the park, read some books, then go to some nice restaurants, get to work on time for once, leave work late for once, play some tennis, do some cooking, some gardening, catch up on the latest movies, take the dog for a walk, call someone you havent seen in a while, pay your bills, do your taxes... (maybe not this last one).

Then come back to it, download the patch after it's released, see how absense makes the heart grow fonder, fly with wonder anew and enjoy 2005.

Merry Christmas.

Weather_Man
12-14-2004, 09:18 PM
What problems? Really. I don't know of anything that's a show-stopper as far as bugs. Or even a mild annoyance, for that matter.

The planes will come. If you feel you can't enjoy the game without 5 more planes on top of the 150 odd we have now, then you might just want to stop playing for a while until they come. We'll still be here, holding the door for you.

s.bush
12-14-2004, 09:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/aminx/d1_trainstation_020034.jpg

You are all wanted for questioning.....

actionhank1786
12-14-2004, 09:38 PM
Stop rushing the **** patch!
If we get it now, it'll be a rush job, then people would complain that the patch wasnt ready when it was released.
Let's just enjoy the game and wait.
I dont know of any game stopping bugs i've encountered.
so enjoy it until the patch comes, then marvel in all of the new planes!

actionhank1786
12-14-2004, 09:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by s.bush:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v76/aminx/d1_trainstation_020034.jpg

You are all wanted for questioning..... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
P.S.
That game is soooooooo hot

The_Gorey
12-14-2004, 09:59 PM
i guarantee you that if there were less pacific servers and more eastern/western front ones that online play would pick up.

the pacific war is just boring plain and simple.

FA_FLY
12-14-2004, 10:19 PM
Don't get the wrong idea, I think the game is the best that is out there.
Alot of people were having problems with the last patch and the patch before it.
I can't wait until it all comes together. It will be simply unmatched in the sim. world.

I also disagree about more people flying on the eastern front. I think that the combat flight sim
venue has been waiting for a return to the pacific. When everthing comes together you will see more come to play on the pacific servers in my own opinion.

FA_FLY

Acme70
12-14-2004, 10:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG52_Gutted:
i guarantee you that if there were less pacific servers and more eastern/western front ones that online play would pick up.

the pacific war is just boring plain and simple. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What a brilliant statement http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

FA_FLY
12-14-2004, 10:39 PM
Well, everyone has an opionion on what should or should not be.
I just think that a patch to fix problems in lockups, studdering,
and frame rates would be welcomed by many.
I myself am running at approx. 50-100 fps. The game looks great to me. Others are of my concern. I simply listen to the complaints. Just thought i would vent alittle.

Just a messenger.

FA_FLY

Philipscdrw
12-14-2004, 10:48 PM
I'd like it if we had some idea what's going on with the patch. It's not like 1C or Ubi is a democracy, they're not accountable to us at all, but it would be nice if they'd tell us what's up...

AWL_Spinner
12-15-2004, 01:12 AM
To be fair to the original poster myself and most of the squad I'm in haven't been online much recently as we were waiting for the post-PF dust to settle and a "steady" patch to take root on all the server/online wars. There may be a few more like that, I don't know.

However, where I'd disagree would be at no point (never EVER!) were we considering leaving IL2. We've been around a bit and waiting until, say, January to have a stable online war environment back on whatever version we have doesn't bother us at all.

Not as if we can't play our own co-ops and campaigns in the meantime!

Looking forward to the patch as ever but in no hurry, having quite enough fun as it is, thanks.

Incidentally there were a few of us on Warclouds last night, server was as smooth as you like and great fun. Although our B25 formation flying needs some work...

Cheers, Spinner

sukebeboy
12-15-2004, 01:49 AM
The patch is bloody well past due. I recall that it was promised as soon as the game was released in North America yet here we are, still waiting.

For those of you who see no bugs, you're blind, stupid, or don't play single player. The DGEN is, as it always has been, horribly bugged.

I would love to see it even partially fixed, but I doubt it will happen.

Hopefully it does. I'd like to actually be able to enjoy the game. I've barely touched it since I bought it as all I feel when playing is frustration.

RAAFVirt75th
12-15-2004, 02:08 AM
Yes I must agree with posts about the final patch being past due.

Yes this is the best ww2 flight sim around.

However, the customer focus is lacking.

We have paid for the game in good faith.

Many promises made - delivery needs to match reasonable expectations.

That is a product fit for purpose - bug free and quality checked, QA tested before release.

Not release - then people who have bought the game do the UAT. This should be done before release - end of story.

Although a clever cost savings/product development initiative.

Indianer.
12-15-2004, 02:10 AM
Is there gonna be a patch to sort out the wildcat and dauntless cartoon cockpits? Did someone forget to add texture to them?

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

JG52Russkly
12-15-2004, 02:40 AM
S! FA,

I agree with you about the patch release schedule luring people into other sims, although not necessarily because of any serious playability issues relating to 3.01m (although the graphical glitches such as blued-out cockpits, etc. do annoy me every now and again).

I've been playing the above offline for a while now and girded my loins over the weekend to go online again after a leave of absence of a few months.

I then discovered that virtually all the 'decent' servers are on 3.02bm, and I'm not happy playing around with beta patches.

Got no problem waiting for a definitive patch, but it's a shame that the online community went 3.02b straightaway, thus excluding inexperienced users like me.

So, while I await the patch to allow me to go back online (offline play simply doesn't have the longevity of online IMHO) I'm playing H&D2.

R

402Cdn.Valkyrie
12-15-2004, 03:24 AM
So many opinions in here... And i must agree with some of them BUT i disagree and shake my fist at all of you who talk bad about the team behind the game, it takes ALOT of effort to make a game like this and the patched are not made by robots they are made my human just like you who also have lives and family besides their work. You gotta remember that they dont sit there 24/7, well Oleg slept at the office once... hehe, they work hours like you do.
So why the need to say something bad about them? I asked for the patch in my own thread no so long ago here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?q=Y&a=tpc&s=400102&f=26310365&m=7421040152&p=1) and Ivan said this on December 10: "Oleg is out of the office till next thursday..."! so pack up your bad words and angry comments and hang in there, the patch will come when it comes, Ivan also sais that we vere in for a surprise.

Ohhh by the way the people here that have been around since FB should not get angry by something like a delayed patch. We have seen this before and Oleg has never let us down.

AWL_Spinner
12-15-2004, 03:31 AM
Agree with the above poster, AGAIN, all this angst against the mythical "conspiratorial company" is misdirected.

1. You have developers, who don't have release agendas and generally want an infinite amount of time to finish a product.

2. You have publishers, who pay the developers and thus wield an awful lot of power when setting release dates early to get a return on their investment. Plus, if they weren't wielding the stick you wouldn't have seen PF this side of Christmas.

There's no point beating up Oleg and crew for marketing decisions, we've already heard how annoyed he was at some of the includes on the box.

Conversely, after a game is released, the distribution of free patches is governed almost entirely by the developers, as there's no money involved. Thus, as per the first point above, they tend to take ages in a drive to satisfy everyone and deliver the best possible product.

So : game out early, patched late.

That's the way of the market, you should be used to it by now. We get what the developers intended in the end.

However, with FB/AEP/PF we get to be included in this with beta patches and fun things to test. Which is more than most product lines will offer. Agreed it's not for everyone but it keeps a lot of people feeling happy and involved. Consumer feedback has shaped this product greatly.

Oh, and Hidden and Dangerous 2, great game, well patched case in point!

Cheers, Spinner

Bearcat99
12-15-2004, 07:23 AM
I totally disagree. No one in their right ind would defect because the patch was late. Unless of course they are gamers....... any simmer worth his salt knows where the butter for the bread is. Besides....... there are no other sims out there... not WW2 sims anyway. The MS series? Nice games but you can keep them. As far as Pacific servers...... the Pacific is nice... but lets face it.. if it werent for the carrier landings which are so challenging most of us would still be on the western/eastern front. I prefer the western front myself.

FA_FLY
12-15-2004, 07:54 AM
Well, there does seem to be many that do agree a patch is necessary. We do look forward to its arrival. After all we simply want to have the best gameplay experience we can.
So, thank you all for you opionions and looking forward to flying with all in the near future.

FA_FLY

TgD Thunderbolt56
12-15-2004, 08:09 AM
I want it all...and I'm willing to wait for it.

The ability to transition between the Eastern Front, Western Front and PTO has unending appeal to me as I enjoy all scenarios. The only thing that can make it better for me would be to get a few more of the "common" aircraft in their respective theaters flyable (Ju88 or Pe2 anyone?) and a few more maps for the FMB mapmakers.

Oh, and the Med would be nice. Malta, Operation Torch, Sicily...but we can make do with much of what we have now to simulate those aspects.

I will take bets and give odds that the forthcoming patch will be released before Christmas...and that's only a week away!

Take a deep breath peeps...in the nose and out the mouth.

TB

Krotos
12-15-2004, 09:54 AM
I don't post very often but have been a frequent lurker on this board for several years. With that having been said, after having read through this thread, I felt compelled to add my two-cents-worth to the debate.

I have been flying flight simulators since the days of the IBM 286 (e.g. Sierra's Red Baron I etc.) and have participated in numerous online squadrons over the intervening years - so I do (IMO) have a fairly well developed perspective on flight sims in general. Let me state up front that I have chosen to refrain from engaging in utterances of the obligatory cry of the zealous fans that seem to croud the chat rooms of every simulation (no matter how good or bad) that attempts to convince individuals with valid complaints or concerns that the game they currently own is "the best sim ever created" immediately followed by advice such as "be grateful for the hard work of the developers yada...yada...yada". Instead, I will focus on explaing the perspective that I - and quite obviously many others - take. And, in advance, if some of you find my opinions uncomfortable or infuriating, well, that's just tough.

I concede that the IL-2 series of sims are the best flight sims on the market to date. However, my level of frustration with the sim grew steadily over the past few years. Take FB for instance, there,for me at least, the lack of depth in the Luftwaffe inventory had been (and continues to be)a consistent irritant - and please refrain from explaing to me how having every variant of the Bf109 counts for "increadable variety" because such a claim is utter nonsense. Then after numerous patches and over a year's worth of time, the Aces Expansion Pack was released. Granted The pack fixed some problems, and introduced a slew of non-Soviet allied aircraft, however, there was no theatre to fly them,and the some of the aircraft added to the luftwaffe inventory sucha as the Me263 and the Mistral left me puzzled and even more frustrated. The former aircraft wasn't even deployed to the Eastern front, and the second was a low production marginal odd-ball. Would it not have made more sense to include a flyable Ju88, or anything from the 210 or 410 series? Those aircraft (unlike both of the afformentioned) actually opoerated on the Eastern front and would have added greatly to my interest in the game. In my view, the Aces pack only really benefited those who fly online by giving them more aircraft - even if those aircraft didn't fit the professed theme of the game. For stand alone gamers though,it was cest la vie and thanks for the cash.

I my opinion, Forgotten Battles should have been rounded out and its potential finally fulfilled before any serious consideration was givin to the pacific theatre - and the proof is in the pudding. Aces of the Pacific is missing numerous increadibly important aircraft that not only should have been in the game, but were promised to have been. More specifically, and just as an example,given that the war in the Pacific was largely a naval affair and dominated by the CV, I find the omission of the Kate torpedo bomber - an aircraft that represented nearly 50% of the IJN's striking power - beyond belief. In fact, unthinkable.

People have a right to complain. Yes, this flight sim series is technically very good - perhaps even the best to date - but it is woefully incomplete; and that imcompleteness so seriously detracts from my enjoyment of it that I have all but virtually stoped playing it. I purchased AP the day it came out and uninstalled it along with FB the day after. I returned to the IL-2-AP site today to see (half heartedly) if the proised aircraft inventory was finally available, and as expected it is not.

I may or may not drop in to have a look at this board again in the future, but given the letdown I feel (once again) in my purchase of AP, I certainly won't be purchasing any further products from this line.

crazyivan1970
12-15-2004, 10:01 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

WTE_Gog
12-15-2004, 11:09 AM
You can roll your eyes all you like Ivan but he is right.
The knockers have taken over from the Fanboys because the majority of people have had enough.
I don't play anywhere near as much as I did 2 months ago and I only play now because I am in a great Squadron that still makes it fun to fly.

I think of all the people that are not in squadrons and I reckon they are starting to drop PF like a hot potato. Whatever 1C is going to do to fix PF they had better do it quick or it will be too late.

VF-29_Sandman
12-15-2004, 01:28 PM
http://home.arcor.de/eldur/smilies/lock.gif http://home.arcor.de/eldur/smilies/lock.gif
http://home.arcor.de/eldur/smilies/lock.gif http://home.arcor.de/eldur/smilies/lock.gif

slarsson
12-15-2004, 01:35 PM
It's made things very difficult for our squadron. Half the guys were reluctant to install the beta patch, the others did, and are reluctant to uninstall/reinstall, mainly because the "real" patch has been coming "soon" or "next week", so it's not worth it. Most of the servers on HL are using the beta patch, so the guys who didn't install it have their online experience limited.

A little hard information would certainly make many of us feel much less uncomfortable. The main distress has arisen out of the posts from Oleg and others in the know over the past month that the big, all-singing patch is just around the corner. Is it, or isn't it? How far away is the corner?

buz13
12-15-2004, 05:48 PM
The patch is late?.....****, what time is it anyway....what the heck did I do with my sundial now.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

cwojackson
12-15-2004, 05:56 PM
I do not fly on line. I am not fanatical about any computer simulation, I simply "enjoy" a few of them. That said, I have two observations:

1) I purchased a product in a store. I did not visit the company website or any of it's forums before making the purchase. I bought a complete product that was described by the manufacturer on the box. If there is a disconnect between the developers and the advertisers that is their problem, not the customers. I did not buy an incomplete product, a product still under development, a product that advertised elements will be delivered in some mystical two week time frame or a producte in need of a patch. That is however what I received.

2) Considering that the simulation is about the Pacific Air War, which was pretty much a carrier war, I find it unusual that some of the most significant aircraft of the Pacific Carrier War are missing while lesser aircraft are represented.

3) Flame away, it doesn't much matter to me. As I said, I'm not consumed by one of my hobbies and do not haunt forums; in short, I'm indicative of the majority of customers who expect to receive the product they purchase.

cwojackson
12-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Correction, the third point is not an observation.

GRYPHON_401Cdn
12-15-2004, 06:09 PM
I think that the release of the beta has given us a temporary problem. Our squad decided to stay with the 'official' until the proper patch came out 'in about 2 weeks' but when it didnt we all loaded the beta. I cant find a 3.01 server on HL now and I serve 3.02bm along with the rest. However, it works great, the game is awesome, and we are having some of the best dogfights we have ever had (#401Cdn.Server) with both legacy and pacific theatre maps. there were 980 players in HL last weekend, so I dont think we are having a shortage of players!.

Lag, stutters and low frame rates come back after every patch and are fixed as they always have been by a) proper server setup and running and b) proper client computer setup. I see no issues here.

The fix to the problem is to publish a realistic schedule for the next update, so everyone knows what to expect. And if you are still pre-beta, go with the flow and patch to 3.02bm and get online. You will be most welcome!

And if you are complaining about the lack of a Kate, make sure you fly it online when it comes.

crazyivan1970
12-15-2004, 06:49 PM
Let`s all start going bananas then... the world just stopped...
Alarm alarm!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Some of you are ..something else... all you talk is about some silly box... but somehow managed to forget those planes and features that you got for free and those weren`t mentioned on any boxes or readme`s. So yeah, i roll my eyes all i want.

hawkmeister
12-15-2004, 07:01 PM
I couldn't be happier with the product. Of course I'm chomping at the bit for the next patch and more flyable aircraft, but as a Pacific Theater nutcase I'm ecstatic to have the planes provided. PF+AEP+FB is without a doubt lightyears beyond any flight sim I've ever owned (and I have them all).

I'm immensely thankful that these guys continually fix, improve, and add to this sim. Who else does that? The only WWII sim to ever come close was Warbirds and they got left behind long ago.

I got my money's worth and am quite satisfied. Keep up the outstanding work UBI.

-Bill

Heinz_Knokke
12-15-2004, 07:35 PM
A patch is needed. But it is not a question of wether it should be released ASAP or never.
It would be released only as an expression of the kindness of the devellopers, and not as something that is needed by the fans of IL2.
It is not even a question of marketing.
what is the choice that we end-user have?
Peoples switching to an other simulation? which one? CFS4? what a joke... MS never released a real patch for any simulation title since the beginning.
IL2/FB and PF is the best simulation title that we can buy, however buggy and incomplete as it is.
The first release of IL2 was a masterwork. Since that time, we're only experiencing a going down of the game (except in the number of flyable planes and the number of maps.)
Each new patch or addon give us new planes, new maps, and new trouble with the game.
In IL2, there was no question of pauses and stutters, now, it is the plague of almost everyone, except the few blessed ones that are assuring us all that it is only our system that is the culprit.
For me, the game has become almost unplayable online, but would still be a good game if the offline campaigns where good. Unfortunately, it is not the case. Campaigns are a joke, and a good one if one likes cynism. Nothing historical, only boring missions where you know where to expect the ennemy; bombing mission that are a caricature (how many times where you asked to bomb fours tanks located at about 50 km from 9000Ft with an overcast that would not allow you to see the ground?). AI airplanes having such superior performances that you're not even able to keep up with your flight... no, offline gaming does not do justice to the game. It is only silly **** generated automaticaly without regard to historical accuracy or even simple logic.
The game as it is has reached its limits, not only from the game engine point of view, but also from the point of view of playability. The choice of airplanes is very great, but not a tenth of theses are used online (the only interest of the game). Most of the planes added in the game (early war A/C) are seen a few days after their release, never to be seen again because they're no match for the late war airplanes that everyone is flying online.
For me, the problems is coming from what we're asking, and what we really use. Less than ten airplanes types are regularly used online; nevertheless, we constantly ask for more types to be included in the game. What for?
I think it would be better to concentrate on the issues we have with pauses and stutters in the game, rather to ask for more planes that we'll never use because they'll be outclassed by the late war airplanes that everybody is flying.

tB_Blueknight
12-15-2004, 08:25 PM
All I,m going to say is that, I will not support with my hard earned money an unfinished product line any further. Sure I will play the game, and yes it is fun, but it has many flaws as well, and frankly released too early.
I suppose to many $40.00 isnt a lot of money, but to many of us it may represent two hours or seven hours of work, and I guess we expect what we paid for.

sapre
12-15-2004, 08:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Heinz_Knokke:
A patch is needed. But it is not a question of wether it should be released ASAP or never.
It would be released only as an expression of the kindness of the devellopers, and not as something that is needed by the fans of IL2.
It is not even a question of marketing.
what is the choice that we end-user have?
Peoples switching to an other simulation? which one? CFS4? what a joke... MS never released a real patch for any simulation title since the beginning.
IL2/FB and PF is the best simulation title that we can buy, however buggy and incomplete as it is.
The first release of IL2 was a masterwork. Since that time, we're only experiencing a going down of the game (except in the number of flyable planes and the number of maps.)
Each new patch or addon give us new planes, new maps, and new trouble with the game.
In IL2, there was no question of pauses and stutters, now, it is the plague of almost everyone, except the few blessed ones that are assuring us all that it is only our system that is the culprit.
For me, the game has become almost unplayable online, but would still be a good game if the offline campaigns where good. Unfortunately, it is not the case. Campaigns are a joke, and a good one if one likes cynism. Nothing historical, only boring missions where you know where to expect the ennemy; bombing mission that are a caricature (how many times where you asked to bomb fours tanks located at about 50 km from 9000Ft with an overcast that would not allow you to see the ground?). AI airplanes having such superior performances that you're not even able to keep up with your flight... no, offline gaming does not do justice to the game. It is only silly **** generated automaticaly without regard to historical accuracy or even simple logic.
The game as it is has reached its limits, not only from the game engine point of view, but also from the point of view of playability. The choice of airplanes is very great, but not a tenth of theses are used online (the only interest of the game). Most of the planes added in the game (early war A/C) are seen a few days after their release, never to be seen again because they're no match for the late war airplanes that everyone is flying online.
For me, the problems is coming from what we're asking, and what we really use. Less than ten airplanes types are regularly used online; nevertheless, we constantly ask for more types to be included in the game. What for?
I think it would be better to concentrate on the issues we have with pauses and stutters in the game, rather to ask for more planes that we'll never use because they'll be outclassed by the late war airplanes that everybody is flying. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Goodbye! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Hunter82
12-15-2004, 08:31 PM
personally I fly ETO with very limited PTO....as the HL stats will show most are flying ETO also

Luftwaffe_109
12-15-2004, 08:47 PM
I agree that a patch is needed asap, especially with all the flyables that have been promised but still not delivered.

cwojackson
12-16-2004, 12:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
Let`s all start going bananas then... the world just stopped...
Alarm alarm!! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, isn't it amazing how people can walk into a store, examine a product, purchase the product and actually expect it to be what it claims to be.

Well, at least the price on the box was full and complete.

SgtBriggs
12-16-2004, 02:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Are people becoming disheartened that things that were promised are not necessarily being delivered? - maybe, I know I'm becoming somewhat impatient due to the fact that my squad's policy is not to use beta patches and yet all servers on hyperlobby are using the 302bm patch.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
hey..let me clue you in. if you dont have 302bm? and all the servers are using it? then i would think you would just go get it. talk with your other squadmates and get with it. i mean you wouldnt believe the fun your missing, there are servers running 64 plus players out there.

WTE_Gog
12-16-2004, 02:17 AM
and we did get a free bonus CD cover that we were never promised but came with the game!

I expected the CD to be wrapped up in a piece of old newspaper but there it was, WOW, free cover!

Ivan, those aircraft that you say we got but weren't told about are mentioned in black and white on the box, 'Over 40 flyable aircraft included'! Yep, that's them alright.
But I shouldn't complain, after all the store I bought PF from even tossed in a free plastic bag that I didn't ask for! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Tully__
12-16-2004, 03:35 AM
I'd rather have the patch late and right than now & wrong. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Miki40
12-16-2004, 04:43 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tully__:
I'd rather have the patch late and right than now & wrong. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very true, but don`t you think it would have been nice to at least receive word about progress etc. from Oleg & co.?
All that we know so far is that Oleg was away a few days and without him things are not happening http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif:

"Oleg is out of the office for couple of days. As soon as he comes back we`ll know.

V!
Regards,

VFC*Crazyivan aka VFC*HOST"

We are expected to act as per this forum rules with respect towards the devs., and yes I can not agree more only in my opinion it have to work both ways.!

AWL_Spinner
12-16-2004, 04:48 AM
"Man, I paid more than ten times what PF cost me on a graphics card and I have to keep patching it with new drivers every month to ensure it works with all the latest games! That's the last time I buy a graphics card!"

"I'm never going to buy any of this guy's products ever again! Until all my friends are telling me just how fantastic Battle of Britain is, and all the reviews say it's the best PC simulation ever. In which case I might quietly buy a copy. But not because I want to, you understand."

Blah blah.

Looking forward to the post-patch glut of "wow, that unexpected feature is great!" and "Oleg, with these new planes you are spoiling us!".

This forum is up and down quicker than the proverbial knickers of a lady of ill-repute.

Cheers, Spinner

sapre
12-16-2004, 06:06 AM
Do these people actually think by doing a week-long begathon Oleg is going to release the patch ahead of schedule?

Miki40
12-16-2004, 06:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sapre:
Do these people actually think by doing a week-long begathon Oleg is going to release the patch ahead of schedule? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What schedule?...Do you know any ? Then please let us know! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

sapre
12-16-2004, 06:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Miki40:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sapre:
Do these people actually think by doing a week-long begathon Oleg is going to release the patch ahead of schedule? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What schedule?...Do you know any ? Then please let us know! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You know what i'm talking about.

FA_FLY
12-16-2004, 06:21 AM
Hot topic! I think i struck a nerve with this thread.
Maybe some notice should occure. It would be nice for the PF staff to at least give us an update or time frame.

FA_FLY

pacettid
12-16-2004, 06:31 AM

Several points come to mind when reading your post:

1. The patch promised is long overdue - "ahead of schedule", I think NOT.
2. No one is begging for anything. Read the posts:
- The product was delivered in an incomplete state.
- It is grossly "buggy" and unstable, as shown by numerous posts, on this forum and many others.
- There are planes that were supposed to be delivered with the product, and are still pending.
- The DGEN has significant issues.
- The silence from the development team on the status of all of the above is "deafening"!

The fact that it is the best flightsim on the market, and Oleg Maddox is dedicated to the community has nothing to do with ALL of the above. It is a simple question of delivering the product, as advertised, and providing quality customer service.

sapre
12-16-2004, 06:36 AM
Anyway, to suggest something constructive, I'm going to list the DGen bugs.
DGen bugs:
:Historicaly inaccurate odds in some campaign.
:Historicaly inaccurate missions in USN and IJN campaign.
: Destroyed ground target "reviving" in next mission. For example, you totally destroy a airbase, yet next day it's all back to its previous state.
:Unreallistic sets of missions like Dive bombers sent to search for downed pilot, USN pilots flying 4 sorties a day etc.
:In scramble mission, especially for US, enemy is always near your base. Considering US Forces had a good radar, I think this is unreallistic. Mission should start before enemy is in range of the base.

Bearcat99
12-16-2004, 06:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Miki40:
Very true, but don`t you think it would have been nice to at least receive word about progress etc. from Oleg & co.?

We are expected to act as per this forum rules with respect towards the devs., and yes I can not agree more only in my opinion it have to work both ways.! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah.... Oleg pops his head in here to give an update and get feedback and he gets it chewed up. Then others want to complain because he doesnt come around as much. The man gets called a liar, which is what you are saying when you say "You promised and didnt deliver.." He gets called a fool.... which is what you are saying when you say "Oleg you made the XXX planes better than the XXX planes....." Which to me is a foolish thing to do from a business standpoint...... IMO what you want to do, which I think O & 1C did is make all the models as accurate as you can based on the data and code available. Some of us dont even dig that the fact that he even comes here makes a lot of this stuff personal. I hate to keep talking about CFS3 but it has become the poster child for unfinished buggy software IMO... but I bet Bill Gates or even the developer of CFS never got half the grief and insults that Oleg does every time he comes here. Why? Because they dont GAF thats why... yet Oleg still comes here and is still working on supporting the sim. IMO to expect to see every plane that flew is unrealistic. But I bet that if some one were to model the 210 or the 410 we would have it. People wanted a P-38 for a long time here. Gibbage GOD bless him got off the stick and modelled it. The P-63 is another plane that wasnt originally planned but was modellled and now we have it. 361st Eagle to his credit has been lobbyiung to get a P-47N in here... to the point where he actually found a modeller but there were problems.... we obviously still dont have it. My point in all that is instead of complaining about what is lacking nd going away.. or promising to never buy a 1C product again..... do something constructive. I wouls love to see a flyable Betty and JU-88, 210.410... heck Id like to asee a Tempest and a Mossie too..... If I had my way about it we would have piper cubs under these models.. but since this sim is what it is we dont have that.
Does that make the sim any less? Hardly... at least not in my book.....
Sure the sim needs work..... but there are no showstoppers in the sim. In fact from what I see it is still a top notch product even with its flaws. The fact that we get developer support still...even if it is not as timely as I would like makes it even better. They may be saying to themselves.... "We better make sure we get this patch right.... we dont want to be sued for manslaughter when some of the community members heads explode or they have a stroke because XXX was not quite up to their exacting ,meticulously rsearched standards.

sapre
12-16-2004, 06:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pacettid:

- It is grossly "buggy" and unstable, as shown by numerous posts, on this forum and many others.
- There are planes that were supposed to be delivered with the product, and are still pending.
- The silence from the development team on the status of all of the above is "deafening"!

The fact that it is the best flightsim on the market, and Oleg Maddox is dedicated to the community has nothing to do with ALL of the above. It is a simple question of delivering the product, as advertised, and providing quality customer service. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, "ahead of schedule" was a bad word, I'll say "Before it's finnished".
And I think peoples are begging for the patch pacettid.
There begging for the patch to be released so they can get what they want and promised.
What I want to say is no matter how strong we demand for the patch, Oleg isn't going to release the patch before it's complete and these begging isn't going to do anything.

9th_Bloodfist
12-16-2004, 06:50 AM
Well i for one have to agree with spinner on something. I won't be buying BoB until I hear some reviews and get some buddies take on it. I bought this game the day of it's release, I preordered it 2 months in advance, and I'm sick of the excuses and basicaly the "false advertising". We were promised and addon immidiatley after release, didn't get it. I believe in the second patch we were promised about 4 flyable aircraft, didn't get it cuase someone got sick, and then someoneelse got sick. Then we start getting beta patches. Alot of people either didn't install them because they are beta or it was just to confusing. So far we've got some really great useless updates like the screenshot page and free lock on banner, where's the weekly update that they were doing? Don't get me wrong, I love this game and the series and will continue to play it, but I'll step up and say I won't be "supporting" maddox as many fanboys like to say by buying BoB when it is released.

sapre
12-16-2004, 06:57 AM
The magic word...
"Don't get me wrong, I love this sim" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/1072.gif

Miki40
12-16-2004, 07:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pacettid:

The fact that it is the best flightsim on the market, and Oleg Maddox is dedicated to the community has nothing to do with ALL of the above. It is a simple question of delivering the product, as advertised, and providing quality customer service. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don you have neilded , totaly agreed , nice post...! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

RiesenSchnauzer
12-16-2004, 07:42 AM
A lot of these complaints would be legit if you think of this series of sims as a zero sum type of deal i.e. you give the money and they give the product. No more, no less. When you consider, however, that Oleg and company have consistenly given much more than was promised over time then the complimentary attitude to have is one of patience. Oleg always takes care of his customers but we have to be patient in the meantime.

VMF223_Smitty
12-16-2004, 07:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RiesenSchnauzer:
A lot of these complaints would be legit if you think of this series of sims as a zero sum type of deal i.e. you give the money and they give the product. No more, no less. When you consider, however, that Oleg and company have consistenly given much more than was promised over time then the complimentary attitude to have is one of patience. Oleg always takes care of his customers but we have to be patient in the meantime. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. If it wasn't for the fact that it would be cutting off my nose to spite my face, I would tell Oleg and crew to split, find another outlet for their creativity and tell the "I want the patch and I want it RIGHT NOW!" boys to "pIss off".
Jesus, Mary and Joseph in a canoe.

dgarmsd
12-16-2004, 08:25 AM
I will agree with FA_Fly on participation being down.

As far as the American community this sim is dead in the water. Why else would they be offering a free Lock On with purchae of PF. I bought my PF at best buy the day it came out. They had 11 copies on the shelf. I was at best buy this past weekend. They still have 9 copies on the shelf. Out of a city of 250,000 they have sold 2 copies in almost 2 months.

I came to this sim in February of this year after a good friend told me about it. At that time there would be 1200 to 1500 players on HL on the weekends during prime time in America. Now your lucky if you see 500 on HL. during the same time.

Even the European community flying has dropped on HL although not as drastic as the American.

Flight sims are a dying breed as a whole. Compare how many we have today with 10 years ago. Most teenagers today don't want to have to learn anything. They just want to jump in a room and start shooting. Very few take the time required to be good at this sim. Which leaves just the old timers like myself (41).

I think if Oleg had his way we would have a lot more than what we currently do, but he's in bed with UBI and larger corporations look at one thing. The bottom line.

I found it very interesting that over the Thanksgiving holiday in America. That UBI ran "Ghost Recon" ads almost every 30 to 45 min. on the Spike cable channel, but not one PF ad. Not one.

Theres not as much sales in Flight Sims as there is in First person Shooters. The bottom line. Sad but true.

Do we need the patch? Yes but at this point I don't think it will do any good as far as participation or sales.
We have far too many arm chair pilots & flight model experts telling the community that Oleg is Anti-American. The P-51's porked, the 50's are porked etc etc....on & on.

Like me not a single one of these idiots has ever been in a WWII plane much less flown one, but unfortunately the "Mob Rules".

I have personally reported a couple of bugs in PF, and I got an immedate response from Oleg himself. So Oleg is not the problem. I think he was pushed to get the product on the shelves before Christmas by the powers at UBI. I believe there was even a post from Oleg to that effect in August or September. Was the product 100% ready? No, but don't blame Oleg. Blame the money men.

So go ahead and flame & or ban me if you like. I am on HL almost everynight flying this fine sim. But UBI better be paying attention or BOB is a dead duck.

Hang in there Oleg.

My 2 cents

Dgarmsd aka 203Ku_Makkusu

FinnN
12-16-2004, 08:26 AM
I've not had PF long enough to really comment on how stable it is, but it hasn't struck me as being bad enough to warrant an urgent patch yet. The only serious problem I've had so far is wingmen crashing into the sea/ground during campaigns - possibly due to their low attack heights this is why tropedo planes have been delayed. I certainly don't buy the 'not enough source information for cockpits' thing.

Talking of torpedo planes, they're the ones I'd most like to fly, but if everything else is well executed then fair enough. In any case I'd rather see them left as AI rather than hastily implemented just to get them into the game.

Have fun
Finn

Weather_Man
12-16-2004, 08:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dgarmsd:
As far as the American community this sim is dead in the water. Why else would they be offering a free Lock On with purchae of PF. I bought my PF at best buy the day it came out. They had 11 copies on the shelf. I was at best buy this past weekend. They still have 9 copies on the shelf. Out of a city of 250,000 they have sold 2 copies in almost 2 months. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Come on, you really think those are all the same copies? Could it be possible they restock the shelves from time to time?

What have we gotten in two months? One official patch, one beta patch, two DGEN patches, and a new .exe for better FPS. Yeah, Oleg really dropped the ball on supporting the game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

So the new planes aren't here yet, true enough. But it's not like they won't ever be. They just aren't ready yet and Oleg has said why. I can live with that.

Those who say they won't buy BoB because PF somehow cheated them, bah. I'll believe it when I see it.

DuxCorvan
12-16-2004, 09:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by crazyivan1970:
Some of you are ..something else... all you talk is about some silly box... but somehow managed to forget those planes and features that you got for free and those weren`t mentioned on any boxes or readme`s. So yeah, i roll my eyes all i want. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess you refer to 3.01 and 3.02b patches. Because all the previous stuff has had to been paid one way or other if you wanted to stay on par with the rest of gamers and play with them.

All the previous free add-ons were in fact demos of things that were later sold as part of a patch-pack that you had to have to be compatible with the rest. The free Il-2 stuff was later part of stand-alone FB. The FB free add-on, was later part of paid add-on AEP, necessarily owned if you didn't wanted to be 'out' again. PF has nothing 'for free': all the things that are in it -and even things that aren't- have been religiously paid by customers, unless you buy a car and think the wheels that come with it are 'for free'. The only things that an old customer has never paid is a pair of patches that -sincerely- the retail game needed desperately.

I like the incredibly nice support we receive in this game. I don't like -and I've never liked- the lack of information we receive about that support. Mystery and suspense are OK for the movies, but before an horde of anxious air maniacs are sure to create speculation, impatience, gossip, desmesurate expectations and logical final frustration.

I don't like whining about this, and I don't like specially since I think Oleg and co. are really nice people that always go a step beyond commercial interest in their support and that love what they do and want to share it.

But truth is truth: this is not the run-of-the-mill gamers community, it's likely the most active and constant ever. We have come to these forums day after day for years, and we know most 'old' nicks as well as the names of our friends or relatives. We have a special link not only with the game itself, but with their makers, and it's a little our own child, because its development is the fruit of other's skills, but is heavily based on our tireless feedback.

So, as impatient lovers after the first dates, we expect from the devs to give 'a step more in our relation' and start trusting us their WIPs and projects, as far as they don't give 'food' to competence -as if there was any... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

But, once and again, we are left standing by the door with a bouquet in a hand and staring the watch... until we get tired and head back for home, throw the flowers to the bin, and feel angry, not only for standing us up, but for not giving any coherent explanation.

I don't want the patch so much as I want a little of comforted love from the devs. Some WIP screenies, some tiny explanations of problems, setbacks or technical difficulties that cause delays... or better no surprises: See Ivan, when someone talks about 'surprises' and then keeps people waiting for weeks, well, knowing human nature, it's better for him that the surprises are INCREDIBLY COOL. Because if they aren't, well, they'll say... "Yes, and...?" and they won't feel the prize to be worth the wait. So, unless we are getting something "WOW", it's much better to have people informed and knowing exactly what they're getting and roughly when. Then if plans change and they get some extra, better for them, and if date has to be delayed, an explanation will work better than the silence we use to get these days.

Information has never downgraded the community response. Silence, half-truths and omissions often do.

To stop giving us info because of the unpolite and ungrateful attitude of some, it's unfair for those of us who never dared attack personally the devs for things beyond their responsibility and their duty. Are the most to be punished for the attitude of a few?

As for criticism, as far as it is politely stated, is both constructive and unavoidable.

But, please, tell us something! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

crazyivan1970
12-16-2004, 10:00 AM
I am not talking about Pacific Fighters Dux, i am talking about IL-2 line in general. How many things were added for free. And for luck of communication, please don`t blame Oleg, he`s around alot more then he really should.

AWL_Spinner
12-16-2004, 10:06 AM
I'll agree with Dux about updates. When we were getting regular Friday updates the natives were a lot less restless. At least for one day a week there'd be something new to discuss rather than chewing over old whines.

It wouldn't take THAT much away from the development effort to send UbiRazz or Extreme_One or whomever five screenies a week and maybe a couple of lines of "what we're working on today".

Regarding online participation, Hyperlobby is still as full as I've ever seen it. I've no worries there.

Cheers, Spinner

DuxCorvan
12-16-2004, 10:55 AM
And for lack of communication, please don`t blame Oleg, he`s around alot more then he really should. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't and I'll never. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Oleg just has enough with fixing and maintaining the technical mess that Il-2 has become after so much feeding, trying to satisfy his never satisfied customers, trying to convince UBI of the viability of sim games and caring of a growing family, all the same time. I wonder how he manages.

But it's obvious that an 'iron curtain' and an 'omertà ' politics -that started with PF NDAs and Luthier being abducted by aliens for months- has slowly raised between the devs and the community, and it's sad and a little enerving for the less patient fans.

A more open channel -and also a tougher skin to stand the less respectful whiners- would make things a little nicer.

WTE_Gog
12-16-2004, 12:12 PM
So Oleg is around a lot, well I'm not surprised because I reckon he would be a very hard worker, but is he so busy that he can't even take 5 minutes to give us just a rough time that the patch will be ready? And it better not be '2 weeks either!

crazyivan1970
12-16-2004, 12:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>And it better not be '2 weeks either! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or what? Look at you tough guys http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

dgarmsd
12-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Sorry Spinner

I don't know how long you've been playing on HL, but the numbers that are in my post are legitamate. Participation HAS dropped that much since February. Fact not fiction.

I don't know what part of the world you are from, but if you are able get online between 7:00pm & Midnight CST in America. You'll be lucky to see 500 players on HL at one time compared with 1200 to 1500 @ that same time back in February & March.

=S= Sir or Maam.
(I've heard that there are female members in your squad.)

crazyivan1970
12-16-2004, 02:42 PM
Hyperlobby supports only 980 players.. so let`s not get carried away http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Weather_Man
12-16-2004, 02:59 PM
I don't really see it dropping drastically. There have always been peaks and lulls. People come and go, new games come out, holidays roll around.

Currently, taken a few minutes ago, it seems pretty busy.

http://img135.exs.cx/img135/2258/hl0es.jpg

Bearcat99
12-16-2004, 03:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dgarmsd:
I will agree with FA_Fly on participation being down.

As far as the American community this sim is dead in the water. Why else would they be offering a free Lock On with purchae of PF. I bought my PF at best buy the day it came out. They had 11 copies on the shelf. I was at best buy this past weekend. They still have 9 copies on the shelf. Out of a city of 250,000 they have sold 2 copies in almost 2 months.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have to totally disagree with you there. If anything the American community has increased with an influx of CFS2 flyers. Maybe they are just trying to get rid of the remaining Lock Ons... I dont know. I do know that in the Best Buy that I work at part time 3 days a week out of the 12 initial copies of PF we got in I sold each and every one of them, most of them personally or indirectly with the videos I have running on a PC in the store and most of them either with a joystick (X45s mostly... a few Logitechs) and/or a video card (9800P128...6800 128...256 9600XT etc) and/or RAM.. within the first week. All 9 of the copies of FBGOLD are gone as well. They didnt even carry FB GOLD untill I sent an email to coorporate explaining to them the fact that though sims are a niche market, they tend to cater to a more mature (these forums notwithstanding http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif), technically savvy audience that will be willing to upgrade. I had to do it again a month before PF was released... since then we got in 6 more copies of PF and there is one left..... so maybe you just live in a town where flight sims just arent popular or maybe they are going to Comp USA. I live near DC and there is a lot of military active and retired around here so maybe thats it. My point though is that this sim is hardly dead in the water and it will be viable until A)BoB comes out or B)Someone produces a product at least as good in terms of graphics, AI, scalability, mission building etc... at least.

Revolter_
12-16-2004, 03:34 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

DuxCorvan,

Your bulging eyes are starting to cross a little http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_eek.gif But , I see (no pun intended) your point.

Revolter

402Cdn.Valkyrie
12-16-2004, 03:57 PM
I think that it sadden Oleg to see so many people cursing and throwing words at him when all he is trying to do is give us what we ask for.
A hint, if we all stopped asking for new planes Oleg and the dev. team could perfect the game as it is, but that wouldn't work either because then some other group would go berzerk and do the same thing again because they aren't getting their preferred plane of WW2. So this wont stop until you all accept that they are doing what they can to furfill our wants and that it, so if you are gonna keep this up some day they will be fed up and disown us.

The once that have been here for a long time know that they will go the extra mile sometimes to please us, Oleg once worked 18 hours and sleept at the office.

And to the once that are blaming all their life problems on oleg and 1C here is a hint: Put the game on the shelf for a time and cool down, for all of our sakes, and then check back here later when the official patch is here and take is up where you left, I will still be here and greet you back with a nice tone.

Until then i'll follow Ivan and: http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

pacettid
12-16-2004, 05:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 402Cdn.Valkyrie:
I think that it sadden Oleg to see so many people cursing and throwing words at him when all he is trying to do is give us what we ask for.
A hint, if we all stopped asking for new planes Oleg and the dev. team could perfect the game as it is, but that wouldn't work either because then some other group would go berzerk and do the same thing again because they aren't getting _their preferred plane_ of WW2. So this wont stop until you all accept that they are doing what they can to furfill our wants and that it, so if you are gonna keep this up some day they will be fed up and disown us.

The once that have been here for a long time know that they will go the extra mile sometimes to please us, Oleg once worked 18 hours and sleept at the office.

And to the once that are blaming all their life problems on oleg and 1C here is a hint: Put the game on the shelf for a time and cool down, for all of our sakes, and then check back here later when the official patch is here and take is up where you left, I will still be here and greet you back with a nice tone.

Until then i'll follow Ivan and: http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you should drop the "melodrama" and go back and read the posts in this thread again; cases in point:

- The vast majority of the folks who posted in this thread are avid fans of this flightsim AND Mr. Maddox (including this writer). Please pay special attention to my previous post, and to the other posts in this thread, and note the tone and constructive nature of the feedback. The frustration is there, be sure, but the feedback is constructive and well stated (Dux Corvan's being one of the best).
- I have seen no "cursing or throwing words" at Oleg or any one else on the design team, for that matter; there are legitimate issues with the game that must be addressed, and there has been no word from Ubi in weeks on how they plan to address them. Ubi was a great contributor to the premature release of the game, and they should address it on their official website.
- The planes that are being discussed are not "new planes", they are planes that were supposed to be included in the original release of the simulation.

As I stated before, it is a simple question of delivering the product, as advertised, and providing quality customer service.

Until then, I'll http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif and see what gets done about it.

402Cdn.Valkyrie
12-16-2004, 06:19 PM
Melodrama???

Although the words are not written ,many posts in this thread and in ALOT of other threads on the same topic people issue out threads of various nature towards Oleg and 1C.
Yes, there are also many good and constructive postd also but they were not the once i pulled out of the water.

And as i have said before also, cool down and flow with it for now...
Let them finish it, like its said in many posts, there are no big game stopping bugs right now and we can live with the plane there are for now!

SgtBriggs
12-17-2004, 01:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I don't know how long you've been playing on HL, but the numbers that are in my post are legitamate. Participation HAS dropped that much since February. Fact not fiction.

I don't know what part of the world you are from, but if you are able get online between 7:00pm & Midnight CST in America. You'll be lucky to see 500 players on HL at one time compared with 1200 to 1500 @ that same time back in February & March.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
oh really? i tried to get on HL last week and it took me 20 minutes becouse the dang thing was full. i dont know about you but i think it harsh to say that numbers have dropped, i have never had to wait becouse of HL being full before. and you got to factor in the folks jumpin between HL and ASE or what ever. plus i bet there is an awfull lot of nice little PF boxes just sitting under christmas trees all over the country ready to be unrapped. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

sapre
12-17-2004, 03:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 402Cdn.Valkyrie:
A hint, if we all stopped asking for new planes Oleg and the dev. team could perfect the game as it is, but that wouldn't work either because then some other group would go berzerk and do the same thing again because they aren't getting _their preferred plane_ of WW2. So this wont stop until you all accept that they are doing what they can to furfill our wants and that it, so if you are gonna keep this up some day they will be fed up and disown us.

Until then i'll follow Ivan and: http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you should drop the "melodrama" and go back and read the posts in this thread again; cases in point:

- The _vast_ majority of the folks who posted in this thread are _avid_ fans of this flightsim _AND_ Mr. Maddox (including this writer). Please pay special attention to my previous post, and to the other posts in this thread, and note the tone and constructive nature of the feedback. The frustration is there, be sure, but the feedback is constructive and well stated (Dux Corvan's being one of the best).
- I have seen no "cursing or throwing words" at Oleg or any one else on the design team, for that matter; there are legitimate issues with the game that must be addressed, and there has been no word from _Ubi_ in weeks on how they plan to address them. Ubi was a great contributor to the premature release of the game, and they should address it on their official website.
- The planes that are being discussed are not "new planes", they are planes that were supposed to be included in the original release of the simulation.

As I stated before, it is a simple question of delivering the product, as advertised, and providing quality customer service.

Until then, I'll http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif and see what gets done about it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Do you really want the Betty that so much??
Just currious.

carguy_
12-17-2004, 05:06 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Most of you posters look like you`re ready to sue 1C for not giving you those torpedo bombers.
All you care about is flying the plane you see on the cd box you got listed as flyable.You fail to see anything Oleg done and is doing beyond what is listed on the cd box.

I`ll tell the truth I don`t believe Oleg when he says that he is 'trying to satisfy' PF(AEPFB) customers.I simply do not understand why would someone like a chief developer of a small cell of 1C maneuvering in a niche market do anything beyond this what is listed in features and beyond the time he had to gather to complete the sim and fix those bugs.Why should he waste more time for correcting FMs,working on planes/maps that aren`t listed on the box/game features section.

The only reason I think is getting us hooked on the experience of exceptional support and buy more 1C games.That tought would be reasonable I think.

From what I see the majority of ppl willing to eat their hat for torp bomber listed on the box are ppl that bought the game not long ago,few months at best.They have not been there with IL2,FB,AEP from the start when first we were seeing development updates until they came out.IMO that is the experience those ppl need to see the whole work of 1C team.

I agree,the planes listed on the box should be there from the start or come out with the patch ASAP.

Get this people - NOT ANY MORE:no FM,DM fixes,no new maps,no 3rd party flyable aircraft NOTHING ELSE.

You completely ignore all this NOT LISTED NO THE BOX that you get.Want realistic FM/DM?Well these games state that from the start like cfs3,there are no FM/DM fixes needed whatsoever for 1C to do.

Personally I think the whining is a big part of the new crowd coming from CFS sims.Yeah I know another conspiracy theory but that`s how I fell.You guys are nothing but spoiled brats!

1C and Oleg can simply drop all the beyond-box work because it looks all that you want is what was promised on the box.And frankly I`m sick of it.

There could be no FM/DM/feature fixes because Oleg is making it all 'to satisfy' us.

I`m sadenned that this community ,once small and full of respectable adults,turned in a big part of spoiled brats that dement andything done for them.They just want their planes.

Fools.

pacettid
12-17-2004, 05:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Do you really want the Betty that so much??
Just currious. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As of right now, the Japanese have NO flyable medium/level bombers, and NO torpedo carrying aircraft, which really limits scenario development and interest for Blue teams, especially on DF maps. Love it, or hate it, at least the Betty would fill this void.

The "new planes" are really the least of the problem. The other issues mentioned in my previous posts, in my opinion, are a higher priority.