PDA

View Full Version : A few questions for those who are playing PF now ....

Cicada--LS--
10-27-2004, 09:59 PM
Fellas ... I have a few questions for those of you who have and are playing Pacific Fighters.
#1- In your opinion , is PF similar to IL2 ? Now what I means is Graphics and low end computer playabiltiy. Many of you remember the graphics nightmare we all suffered with Lock On , and myself being my Squadron`s Technical Advisor , what do i need to expect from PF ? Am I gonna spend countless nights spending hours trying to help my Squadmates set their computers up or dose it play similar to IL2 (which none in my Squadron has any problems with).
#2- I have noticed that PF can be installed as an Addon or as a seperate game from IL2. For those of you who have it installed as an Addon , are you still able to host IL2 game and have your friends join you ? Reason I am asking ... I am sure I will be the first in my Squadron to get PF , and I am not sure how i want to install it. It will be a few weeks before my Bros get PF and I would still like to continue to be the Hoster for our IL2FB games.

Any information on these topics would be greatly appreciated .... Cicada

Jumoschwanz
10-27-2004, 10:33 PM
I have PF installed on an Asus Av133,Athlon1333mhz cpu/768mb pc133/Gf3ti500.

It runs great and smooth on this rig. Except for the water effects it looks almost as good as on my xp3200/nforce2/9800pro.

FB/AEP ran better on old rigs than just FB or the old IL2, and AEP/PF runs better yet it seems. I can even go to 2x speed on QMB with 32 planes and it is still smooth. I would not hesitate to put it on any rig that was at least 1000mhz PIII/Athlon900 and at least 768 mb of ram. And at least a GF2 ti200 or Ultra with 64mb onboard, if not a later directX9 card.

FB/AEP players cannot join a FB/AEP/PF server. For now I just have a dual boot system with each on one partition and two installs of HL so depending on the mood I can boot either one and have HL find it no problem. With ASE you can go and change where it finds the game so I only have one ASE install. S!

Jumoschwanz

MK2aw
10-27-2004, 11:10 PM
With the same settings there seems to be little difference. When you bump it up to perfect , you need a stronger rig.

So if you enjoy your IL2 -FB, then you can have PF looking the same on your current rig.

Mk2aw

Taylortony
10-28-2004, 02:26 PM
I found that running it in perfect with the water it runs smoother than it did on FB's Pacific map, the surf used to stutter me on that, this one dont. Pent 4 2 gig fx 5900xt 1024 memory.

I would say it runs quicker overall http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BuzzU
10-28-2004, 02:27 PM
I find perfect in PF much more friendly.