PDA

View Full Version : online with unlimited ammo?

ionfresko
07-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Hi all,

Have been around since the beginning with Il2, but been away for quite a while - so I am really bad at flying and shooting right now! I reckon almost every server, on ubi as well on Hyperlobby, is with limited ammo nowadays, or full real (i.e, no icons etc). Does anyone know about some severs with unlimited ammo and with icons etc, that is, a litle easier?

I know that sounds horrible to the entusiasts, but I need it simpler for some time..

ALso, anyone know why the servers on ubi is so old, that is, it is not possible to play 1946/4.08, which is what I have?

ionfresko

slappedsilly
07-07-2007, 02:57 PM
If you fly with unlimitted ammo, you won't improve as quick. I would make a quick mission and play it with limited ammo and make yourself restart the mission to practice. That way you can judge your improvement. If you don't conserve your ammo, online play will be even more difficult. My 2 cents anyway.

VW-IceFire
07-07-2007, 03:00 PM
I haven't been in a single server with unlimited ammo in a very long time. I don't know if there are any. Honestly it promotes bad habits (spraying your bullets without thinking) and people will often load up with a few small bombs and just spam the heck out of them and either cause lag or score some pretty big points by carpet bombing entire airfields in a Yak-1 or something silly. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

There are some "easy" servers to fly on...334th is a popular one you might want to try out but no unlimited ammo. Thats probably a bit much I think.

Ubi really doesn't support the online play of IL-2 these days and their service is a huge memory sucking bloatware piece of software so its best to just use HyperLobby.

fabianfred
07-07-2007, 09:07 PM
I've just started on-line myself... and there are a few on Hyperlobby with unlim ammo

some of the co-ops choose that option... because the AI have a huge advantage.... they seem to get much more ammo than us.... but then again they waste more too

off-line I rarley use unlimited ammo now...especially if you have bombs... they keep on dropping if you put it into autopilot

sometimes the unreal gunnery with limited ammo is good.... conserving your shots to a quick burst... but effective... wish they would try this setting on servers

Bearcat99
07-08-2007, 07:32 PM
I suggest you just suck it up and use unlimitted ammo strictly for practice. Take a look at the Nugget's Guide and jump in at your skillset. IMO unlimitted ammo is a great way to practice your shooting.. but you must always remember to finish your practice sessions with limitted ammo. If you practice with happy ammo for 20 minutes then spend the last 10 minutes on real ammo.

mynameisroland
07-09-2007, 07:05 AM
My advice would be just fly QMBs with icons on and limited ammo. Open fire at convergence and use short bursts. Thats the best way to learn and saves you developing bad habits. It will make you a better shot in the long run and you will be able to play on other servers without the frustration of feeling short on ammo all the time.

Chivas
07-09-2007, 09:55 AM
If your flying isn't up to scratch yet, you should be killed long before you run out of ammo. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

ionfresko
07-10-2007, 09:41 AM
Hi,

Thanx for replies; so it seems as if the consensus is that unlimited ammo is too much to ask for, quite simply...:\. So I guess I simply need to practice. I did not find it very funny to have just a couple of burts even before (the super-real ideal was not that fundamental a few years ago). But, if I want to be part of the play, I guess I have to think again...

ionfresko