PDA

View Full Version : Quick Feature request: Gun Camera

XyZspineZyX
09-02-2003, 09:55 AM
One thing I've been sorely hoping would be added is a dedicated gun camera. I know the track recorder and viewer is availible, but when you just want to go back and study your shooting, it's really cumbersome to constantly record / stop / rewind / position / playback each sortie.

Pretty simple, really--a togglable system that, when set to 'armed' and you fire, spits out low-res tracks or .mpgs (or a choice between the two!) with the view pre-positioned? Started when you pulled the trigger, stopped after a user-set length of time has passed after the last shot.

I'd *love* it, and I KNOW lots of other people here would too.

Stenciled on the side of my Dora:

"Lasst das H√¬∂llentor √¬∂ffen, es friert hier oben!"
("Leave the gates to Hell open, it's FREEZING up here!")

XyZspineZyX
09-02-2003, 09:55 AM
One thing I've been sorely hoping would be added is a dedicated gun camera. I know the track recorder and viewer is availible, but when you just want to go back and study your shooting, it's really cumbersome to constantly record / stop / rewind / position / playback each sortie.

Pretty simple, really--a togglable system that, when set to 'armed' and you fire, spits out low-res tracks or .mpgs (or a choice between the two!) with the view pre-positioned? Started when you pulled the trigger, stopped after a user-set length of time has passed after the last shot.

I'd *love* it, and I KNOW lots of other people here would too.

Stenciled on the side of my Dora:

"Lasst das H√¬∂llentor √¬∂ffen, es friert hier oben!"
("Leave the gates to Hell open, it's FREEZING up here!")

XyZspineZyX
09-02-2003, 10:38 AM
Use tyhe track in narrow view and you get the gun camera. But it is color.
If you like to see it in Black and white , then you need to replace intro by this track (rename track in the name of intro, like original).

Oleg Maddox
1C:Maddox Games