PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Revelations Guards Gameplay

R3TARD3DPUPPIES
10-14-2011, 06:49 PM
I know in ACB the guards could attack citizens and you can recruit them as assassin's. but when they walk around the streets, they act all nice and stuff. so i think that in ACR or if its too late in AC3 Ubisoft can add guard emotions. like when guard walk around they randomly shove citizens out of the way to show that they are tough and stuff.

If you know what i mean plz comment back i also want some comments from creators or moderators.

Sarari
10-14-2011, 06:52 PM
I feel like the way guards act is fine, except when they push you when they're mad. But it would be cool if they shoved people out of the way instead of slowly and idiotically finding a route past the pedestrians lol.

R3TARD3DPUPPIES
10-15-2011, 03:42 PM
yeah i was just trying to see if i can influence the newest game whether it be ACB or AC3. I mean i hate it when the push you but it is pretty cool. But the funny part is they only push u no one else so i thought it would make the game more realistic.

xx-pyro
10-15-2011, 03:44 PM
It would be pretty cool but civilians don't exactly sprint and knock guards over, which is the only reason a guard would go and push you in the first place.

Serrachio
10-15-2011, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by xx-pyro:
It would be pretty cool but civilians don't exactly sprint and knock guards over, which is the only reason a guard would go and push you in the first place.

If the guards were supposedly harassing the citizens, it seems a little odd why they don't show any resentment toward them.

I didn't get why they never tried to kill vigilantes either.

Calvarok
10-15-2011, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:

If the guards were supposedly harassing the citizens, it seems a little odd why they don't show any resentment toward them.

I didn't get why they never tried to kill vigilantes either. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think it works fine that the civillians stay out of the guard's way when it's normal, and cheer you on when they fight you.

There's only so much they can program into the guard's AI, and I'd rather they saved space for guards being better and finding you. If they could fit it in, showing guards pushing civillians that come to close would be great, because it doesn't make much sense when they don't do it to anyone but you. And they should also try to do something about vigilante, wether it just be return the name-calling or get in fights with them.

Actually, I think the mercenaries should be merged with Vigilantes, so you can place them wherever you want and they'll trip up hostile guards.

SixKeys
10-16-2011, 07:25 AM
In ACB it would have made sense that the guards would have acted a bit more hostile towards civilians, since most of them were corrupt and working for the Borgia. The guards on horseback did often carelessly knock civilians over while shouting "Make way for la guardia!" (or something), the ones simply patrolling seemed pretty neutral though. In the first two games it wouldn't have made sense since the guards weren't necessarily allied with the Templars. In ACR there will be two types of guards, the neutral Ottoman guards who are just doing their duty protecting the city and the hostile Templar guards who are aware of the Assassins and probably working for the Templars. I like that kind of division better. It doesn't make sense that all guards in a city would necessarily be evil. I don't know if the different attitudes will show in their actions in Revelations, though.

xx-pyro
10-16-2011, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
In ACB it would have made sense that the guards would have acted a bit more hostile towards civilians, since most of them were corrupt and working for the Borgia. The guards on horseback did often carelessly knock civilians over while shouting "Make way for la guardia!" (or something), the ones simply patrolling seemed pretty neutral though. In the first two games it wouldn't have made sense since the guards weren't necessarily allied with the Templars. In ACR there will be two types of guards, the neutral Ottoman guards who are just doing their duty protecting the city and the hostile Templar guards who are aware of the Assassins and probably working for the Templars. I like that kind of division better. It doesn't make sense that all guards in a city would necessarily be evil. I don't know if the different attitudes will show in their actions in Revelations, though.

The guards in Brotherhood are just doing their job, they don't know they are working for Templars. They weren't 'corrupt' in any way really- guards are portrayed quite negatively in every AC game when really it's just their job.

NewBlade200
10-16-2011, 09:18 AM
The guards in Brotherhood are just doing their job, they don't know they are working for Templars. They weren't 'corrupt' in any way really- guards are portrayed quite negatively in every AC game when really it's just their job. These are my feelings as well. Cops don't push people around. I don't see why guards would spend their time on duty harassing civvies.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xx-pyro:
The guards in Brotherhood are just doing their job, they don't know they are working for Templars. They weren't 'corrupt' in any way really- guards are portrayed quite negatively in every AC game when really it's just their job. These are my feelings as well. Cops don't push people around. I don't see why guards would spend their time on duty harassing civvies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The AC1 ones did...

And the AC2 guards were separated from City guards and Borgia guards. The Borgia guards are the ones in red. In ACB the whole city was practically Borgia guards.

NewBlade200
10-16-2011, 09:40 AM
There's no reason guards would act so evil and kill happy. I guess it was ok in AC1 because they believed those people were thieves and because of the religious pressure. Why would the Borgia guards enjoy beating and killing the civilians?

LadyGahan2010
10-16-2011, 09:52 AM
There's no reason guards would act so evil and kill happy. I guess it was ok in AC1 because they believed those people were thieves and because of the religious pressure. Why would the Borgia guards enjoy beating and killing the civilians?

Because they could, and those days the word "civilized" did not exist in general dictionary?

LightRey
10-16-2011, 09:54 AM
The guards in Brotherhood are just doing their job, they don't know they are working for Templars. They weren't 'corrupt' in any way really- guards are portrayed quite negatively in every AC game when really it's just their job. These are my feelings as well. Cops don't push people around. I don't see why guards would spend their time on duty harassing civvies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
cops these days are a lot less aggressive than city guards were in those days. The guards in the game actually acted quite mildly compared to how they probably would have irl.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Guards in AC1- abused civilians for the hell of it, did their jobs

City Guards in AC2- doing their jobs, probably acted rudely to citizens IRL

Borgia Guards (Red ones) in AC2- protect Templar/Borgia owned areas, like banks. May just be doing their jobs, but they still work directly for the Borgia.

Borgia and City Guards in ACB: Direct Borgia supporters and workers. They should know what they are getting in to.

Ottoman Guards: Doing their jobs
Byzantine Guards: Templar pawns

I myself try to only knock out or run away from City Guards and Ottoman Guards.

And also, you could get City Guards and Borgia Guards into fights in AC2 also. Just get some guards on your tail and run past the opposite kind. They'll start to fight.

xx-pyro
10-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:
cops these days are a lot less aggressive than city guards were in those days. The guards in the game actually acted quite mildly compared to how they probably would have irl. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The vast majority of guards back then probably didn't push people around for their own amusement. Cops these days can have a lawsuit filed against them, obviously back then they had a bit more freedom with the law but in the end it was a day to day job for them and most probably didn't go around antagonizing everyone for the hell of it.

LightRey
10-16-2011, 10:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:
cops these days are a lot less aggressive than city guards were in those days. The guards in the game actually acted quite mildly compared to how they probably would have irl. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The vast majority of guards back then probably didn't push people around for their own amusement. Cops these days can have a lawsuit filed against them, obviously back then they had a bit more freedom with the law but in the end it was a day to day job for them and most probably didn't go around antagonizing everyone for the hell of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
of course, but getting in their way would certainly have provoked them to the point that they would push you away.

Calvarok
10-16-2011, 12:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

The vast majority of guards back then probably didn't push people around for their own amusement. Cops these days can have a lawsuit filed against them, obviously back then they had a bit more freedom with the law but in the end it was a day to day job for them and most probably didn't around antagonizing everyone for the hell of it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Dude, you are seriously misinformed.

Guardsmen in the Rennaissance committed just as many crimes as the people they were supposed to capture.

They used their status to get free room and board, and generally could be bribed to ignore crimes for an exceedingly low price. They raped and stole.

There was no such thing as a "nice" faction of guards.

The Borgia ENCOURAGING that sort of thing only made them worse.

They knew who they were serving. As Ezio said, they follow orders without question.

But personally, in real life I wouldn't have killed any of them unless it was absolutely nessesary.

I wouldn't be ABLE to kill any of them, though. The stuff that Ezio gets into can only possibly be fixed by him using his incredible skills.
So he does.

But really, the vast majority of guards were unrestricted by morals, and were pretty much state-sanctioned gangs. There wouldn't be too many to feel sorry for.

Sarari
10-16-2011, 02:19 PM
You know what I wish they would bring back? The guards harrasing the citizens from AC1. I enjoyed that a lot. Even though it was repetative, It didn't matter. It was fun over all.

LightRey
10-16-2011, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:
You know what I wish they would bring back? The guards harrasing the citizens from AC1. I enjoyed that a lot. Even though it was repetative, It didn't matter. It was fun over all.
Well it seems that they will in ACR with the random events.

Calvarok
10-16-2011, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Sarari:

They did. The Assassin recruits are found through these fights.

Sarari
10-16-2011, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:

They did. The Assassin recruits are found through these fights. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
If the person being harassed has a weapon I don't really count it as the same thing as AC1. I like how they didn't have a weapon and that you saved them and you seemed very courageous for it.

Calvarok
10-16-2011, 02:57 PM
I liked that they had a weapon. It made the civillians feel so much more alive and defiant, rather than just a gameplay mechanic.

I cared about saving them because they cared about saving themselves.

The save civillians things in AC1 were annoying because it showed the civillians as being entirely helpless, and I don't enjoy everyone being helpless.

EDIT: sure, there should be a few, but seriously, it's hard to feel sorry for them when every block has a bunch of civillians who won't even try to escape or save those who are captured.

Sarari
10-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
I liked that they had a weapon. It made the civillians feel so much more alive and defiant, rather than just a gameplay mechanic.

I cared about saving them because they cared about saving themselves.

The save civillians things in AC1 were annoying because it showed the civillians as being entirely helpless, and I don't enjoy everyone being helpless.
LOL you sir make very good points hahaha. That is true, but those people who were being harassed didn't have weapons because it wasn't allowed and they were citizens so they probably respected that law. But the people you save are basically thieves and if not thieves, they were law breakers.

Jexx21
10-16-2011, 03:00 PM
Uhh.. I feel like they are relatively the same. The difference is that the guy in AC1 doesn't have a weapon and doesn't become an Assassin. But they still help you by bringing in Scholars and Vigilantes.

That's actually pretty similar to the Borgia towers in a way. In ACB when you destroy a tower, you get Vigilantes and can buy shops and help citizens in distress. In AC1 you help a citizen in distress and you get Vigilantes.

cash_backm
12-13-2012, 10:07 PM
While i love the ac series, #3 is by far the most difficult. I cannot do the lock picking well, pickpocketing is !@#$, and health regeneration takes way too long in battle and i am not the only one in my family who thinks so. Please do not make any more games for wii only, i tried it for a short time, and found that when i was alone it worked a little bit, but if anyone else (or our cat) was in range of the sensor, i could do nothing until they moved out of range.

SkiesSeven
12-13-2012, 10:31 PM
While i love the ac series, #3 is by far the most difficult. I cannot do the lock picking well, pickpocketing is !@#$, and health regeneration takes way too long in battle ...

How odd. My experience is the exact opposite. I find AC3's lock-picking to be simple and effectively fun, and I also find AC3's pick-pocketing to be the easiest and most rewarding of the series. Health regeneration does make things a little more difficult when you're in a particularly heated battle and in need of quick regeneration like a med pack, but this is meant to present it's own challenge and I think that's part of the reason for the change from previous games.

The best way to regenerate is to find a haystack, or some other way to lower your notoriety (escape). But if you can't escape, you should call your Assassin recruits to help you out.

EzioAssassin51
12-14-2012, 02:00 AM
Welcome to the forums cash_backm.
For future reference, try posting stuff like that in the stickied feedback threads rather than bumping threads unrelated to your problem :)