PDA

View Full Version : The thrill of chases...

MeAltairLol
10-26-2007, 04:55 PM
I was playing 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas' yesterday, and I got in huge trouble with the police, as usual. I made them chase me all around San Andreas using only a motorbike, but a roadblock somewhere in Los Santos killed me. Now I know the police are really dumb (I'm only talking about GTA:SA here http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif), but they still give you a run for your money. Traveling at over 90mph in a small street in Los Santos and hearing police sirens behind you, then suddenly noticing a road block with 5 angry policemen shooting at you is quite thrilling, and makes you sit at the edge of your seat.

Now I'm wondering, will the chases in Assassin's Creed be as thrilling? Yes, I know, I won't be going at 90mph on a motorbike in 1191, but the free-running elements account for that. Discuss. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

b-busher
10-26-2007, 04:58 PM
Imagine, a road block to stop horses, I hope their is one in a/c.

Zain0
10-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Did you not watch the monferrat video? when he assassinates william and starts running from the guards trying to find a way up to the roofs had ME sitting on the edge of my seat xD

MeAltairLol
10-26-2007, 05:04 PM
Lol, exactly, that's what I mean! And b-busher, that's is quite a suggestion, lol! Maybe shield walls? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

saros.exe
10-26-2007, 05:05 PM
well they used spears for those purposes back then. But there are none in AC... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Asdans_Assassin
10-26-2007, 05:05 PM
It depends on your gamestyle and creativity. By the sounds of it and looks, its fairly hard to break the line of sight.
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/7986/ninjaassassinedited1jp9.jpg

MeAltairLol
10-26-2007, 05:07 PM
In GTA:IV, the goal is to break the line of sight... But that adds more gameplay and sneakiness, which is good!

eWaster
10-26-2007, 06:15 PM
Even though i was enjoying Grand Theft Auto more than anything in this world a few years ago, i still don't think Grand Theft Auto is a proper game to compare Assassins Creed with. Anyways, Saints Row did a great job to in the thirdperson genre. Gunfights, Carjacking, Activities, the times best explosions, Next-gen graphics and both Physics and Ragdoll. A good solid game.

yehonatan.roth
10-26-2007, 10:38 PM
2 things...
1. about your so called: "horse road block" i do believe i saw a wooden palasde in one of the movies... and even if there isen't any spears wodden plasades will do just fine (and so will closeing gates if you remember...)

2.for the Main Topic i will say i have seen many movies not AC doing great action sequenses for the so called "old school" fighting... in any case i love sword fighting and hand to hand and the chase qecenses will be great i belive...

and think about it... what will you get more adrenalin rush from (in real life...) runing trumedesley fast away from heavley armed men?
or rideing comftebley in your car?

and any way... you get arrows rocks and swearing in variose langueges thrown at you from every direction...

and not like GTA (don't get me worng i adore that game) you can't stop, let a police man put his hands on your doors and then you drive again...
and there isen't any oops i crashet now i steer here... oops another police car... then you go forwords and back untill you squeez like an idio* and drive again...
or you get out of your car, the cops do to, start runing/walking twords you, then you drive, and they are out of there car, great head start... you lose them...

Now!!! what's great about AC!!! is that you don't have that comfert... if some one touches you, you need to push his hand away with the aggresive bar, you need to push civilians to not bump into them you can go virtually every were!!! now the AI is absuloutley AWOSEM!!! any were you go they will follow you!!! and you can be as creative and diverse as you wish!!! use tuns of combos and feel great!!!

should i say more?

oh yeah and GTA again... you need mostley to stay in the lane... the most woohoo creative (yeah right...) thing you can do is ride on the outher side of the road, on the citizens or in a heli or a bike (and with the bike you falls most of the time...)
======================================

convinced yet?

P.S. if you ever tried to drive on 100 KPH you see how mutch adrenalin it gives you... close to zilch... ok?

ever tried to run and practise alot at runing and then one day just spontaniusley spirnt as fast as you can down hill douging any thing in your sight and the wind is in your hair and beard (if you have one lol, i do...) and your whole body has wind all over it witch is OWSEM!!! and then runners high starts, and you feel all the adrenalin and you now you are useing nothing!!! not a bycicle even!!! not a car nothing!!! and your at great speed feeling truley power-full!!!

and you run and smile... and when you stop and if your out of breath you like it and smile and even if your not out of breath you like it and you smile (even more)
=========================================

this concludes my "OMG do you really think driveing is a better rush then runing? even in game!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO"

i think i made my self clear...
thank you, iam here every weekand good night...

bruin4ev3r2005
10-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Everything you did in the chase in GTA, do it in real life. Thats how rxciting AC chases will be http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ...I hope

TheTrojanPig
10-26-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by yehonatan.roth:
2 things...
1. about your so called: "horse road block" i do believe i saw a wooden palasde in one of the movies... and even if there isen't any spears wodden plasades will do just fine (and so will closeing gates if you remember...)

2.for the Main Topic i will say i have seen many movies not AC doing great action sequenses for the so called "old school" fighting... in any case i love sword fighting and hand to hand and the chase qecenses will be great i belive...

and think about it... what will you get more adrenalin rush from (in real life...) runing trumedesley fast away from heavley armed men?
or rideing comftebley in your car?

and any way... you get arrows rocks and swearing in variose langueges thrown at you from every direction...

and not like GTA (don't get me worng i adore that game) you can't stop, let a police man put his hands on your doors and then you drive again...
and there isen't any oops i crashet now i steer here... oops another police car... then you go forwords and back untill you squeez like an idio* and drive again...
or you get out of your car, the cops do to, start runing/walking twords you, then you drive, and they are out of there car, great head start... you lose them...

Now!!! what's great about AC!!! is that you don't have that comfert... if some one touches you, you need to push his hand away with the aggresive bar, you need to push civilians to not bump into them you can go virtually every were!!! now the AI is absuloutley AWOSEM!!! any were you go they will follow you!!! and you can be as creative and diverse as you wish!!! use tuns of combos and feel great!!!

should i say more?

oh yeah and GTA again... you need mostley to stay in the lane... the most woohoo creative (yeah right...) thing you can do is ride on the outher side of the road, on the citizens or in a heli or a bike (and with the bike you falls most of the time...)
======================================

convinced yet?

P.S. if you ever tried to drive on 100 KPH you see how mutch adrenalin it gives you... close to zilch... ok?

ever tried to run and practise alot at runing and then one day just spontaniusley spirnt as fast as you can down hill douging any thing in your sight and the wind is in your hair and beard (if you have one lol, i do...) and your whole body has wind all over it witch is OWSEM!!! and then runners high starts, and you feel all the adrenalin and you now you are useing nothing!!! not a bycicle even!!! not a car nothing!!! and your at great speed feeling truley power-full!!!

and you run and smile... and when you stop and if your out of breath you like it and smile and even if your not out of breath you like it and you smile (even more)
=========================================

this concludes my "OMG do you really think driveing is a better rush then runing? even in game!!! NO NO NO NO NO NO NO"

i think i made my self clear...
thank you, iam here every weekand good night...

what about rideing a skateboard down a huge hill that leads into a main street trust me its alot more adrenaline then running

yehonatan.roth
10-27-2007, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by TheTrojanPig:
what about rideing a skateboard down a huge hill that leads into a main street trust me its alot more adrenaline then running

did that... great rush but for diffrent reasons
for me at least... i suck at skateboarding... so i was scared so... its diffrent then power rush witch i think it what you probebley get when runing away from a crime scnene (maby a bit combined with fear...)

but i guess each his own http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

P.S. with runing your useing your body, period.
with skateboarding you don't feel its all you baby and **** like that (wow that's sounds so stupid when you try to explain it...)

SixWon85
10-27-2007, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by bruin4ev3r2005:
Everything you did in the chase in GTA, do it in real life. Thats how rxciting AC chases will be http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ...I hope

HAHA! Awesome!

MeAltairLol
10-27-2007, 02:35 AM
I never said that chases won't be awesome. But in GTA, you're weaving in and out of oncoming traffic, looking back ever so often for less then a second to see how the police is doing, how much times it's crashed. And you can't say that going 90mph and drifting round a corner only to find yourself hitting a roadblock isn't exciting.

I think that the chases will live up to what they're meant to be in Assassin's Creed, I never said they weren't! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

andy276
10-27-2007, 07:03 AM
I remember Jade Raymond comparing it to chases in Need for Speed Most Wanted, which were far from easy on high police levels.

aappleyard
10-27-2007, 11:34 AM
I think the chases will be one of the most fun parts of AC. Includiong the freerunning into the chases ofc.

Oh 3 weeks minus 1 day till release.

Its too long!! BAH!

Golani2007
10-27-2007, 12:06 PM
of course they will be thrill!!!

i think i gonna (in the start) do only chases!!!