PDA

View Full Version : AC: Revelations, multiplayer - still no assassin characters!?

Rouzeki-San
05-13-2011, 10:52 PM
So i just got to my new game informer, totally stoked for the article on AC:R. i immediately skipped to the end of the article regarding multiplayer. i was very happy to read that MP is going to be more in depth gameplay/story wise and feature more character customization and introducing weapon customization! but when i got to the end of the article i was a little disappointed. it was AC: Brotherhood all over again.

Assassins Creed multiplayer! without assassins...? wth?

don't get me wrong. i like the templars alot. they truly are the sith to the jedi of the AC world, and they play the role well. but at the same time i hate them, for their hoarding of the truth and their controlling ways, as the storyline has been designed to so. but i always love the assassins.

the assassins are the incarnation of bad ***. from their visual design to their totally mastery of killing, they rule. i bought every AC game (the real ones, #### the port games) for one reason, i love playing as assassins. that is why i play assassins creed. not to play as templars. i like playing as templars, but once again, thats not why i bought the game. the assassins are just way cooler. i always feel more like a bad *** when playing single player over multi in AC:B. hidden blades win every time.
adding assassins to multiplayer would be a huge step in the right direction in my opinion. the MP is already alot of fun, but if it had assassins, you're diversity in characters and gameplay goes up two fold. what could be better than being able to have epic assassin vs templar battles over the rooftops and streets of the old world? nothing thats what.

plus it makes sense story wise, as abstergo has recorded assassin memory from every subject, including desmond, plus Videc says in the opening video to multiplayer that the abstergo agents would be using the memories of assassins to train, and as he's saying this there is a picture of desmond displayed on the giant monitor behind him. the multiplayer training simulations would just make more sense if they featured assassins.

i don't understand how ubisoft can continuously screw the hardcore fanbase like this. to me, them not featuring assassins in the multiplayer would be like if bungie made it so that in halo multiplayer you could only player as elites. it does, not, make, sense!

thoughts?

UPDATE: can we get some intelligent conversation in here? and please actually know about the intricacies of the assassins creed cannon before shooting down my point, thanks.

Rouzeki-San
05-13-2011, 10:56 PM
by the way, i am completely aware of the assassin turned templar character in AC: Revelations. but being a traitor to the assassins, he isn't a true assassin. i want true assassins, ones that kill for the creed. yea baby.

Azugo
05-13-2011, 11:07 PM
I like how Ubisoft are doing the multiplayer. They're making it so that singleplayer is the Assassin's story and multiplayer is the Templar's story. That way, we as fans get to see both sides.

In multiplayer, you play as an Abstergo Agent, rising up the ranks by proving your worth in the Animus (the Templars are training their own Assassin-style army by utilising the Animus).

Having Assassin v. Templar wars in multiplayer just wouldn't work for the story. It would mean that there would have to be Assassin's in the Animus at Abstergo, with a whole bunch of Templars around them.

Deathgrim666
05-13-2011, 11:20 PM
I hate the way the new mp characters look like too, Look way to much like prince of persia style.

SleezeRocker
05-13-2011, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by deathgrim666:
I hate the way the new mp characters look like too, Look way to much like prince of persia style.

Ubisoft...PoP...."Revelations"...Mid. East....
Hmm.....http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Azugo
05-14-2011, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by SleezeRocker:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deathgrim666:

Hmm.....http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My God, guys. I think we've just uncovered ''the Truth''. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

RzaRecta357
05-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by deathgrim666:

I know it's not your intent and you're probably to young to realize it.

But they have that look because they're from the middle east. You totally sound like your racist to indian people :P

Deathgrim666
05-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by deathgrim666:

I know it's not your intent and you're probably to young to realize it.

But they have that look because they're from the middle east. You totally sound like your racist to indian people :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know its from the middle east, i just don't like that style.

persiateddy95
05-14-2011, 09:15 AM
The MP is about the Templars' training, so that's obvious there are no Assassins. If I wanted to play with Assassins I would play the Singleplayer.

'Nuff said.

Rouzeki-San
05-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Having Assassin v. Templar wars in multiplayer just wouldn't work for the story. It would mean that there would have to be Assassin's in the Animus at Abstergo, with a whole bunch of Templars around them.

wow, you guys don't read posts before replying/know nothing about assassins creed haha

THEY ALREADY HAVE RECORDED MEMORIES OF ASSASSINS (subjects 1-17, duh) THAT VIDEC SAYS THEY WILL BE USING TO TRAIN THE NEW TEMPLAR RECRUITS AS TO BETTER COMBAT THE ASSASSINS (Um, hello, the intro movie to MP in Brotherhood anyone?)! Are we even playing the same game?

Rouzeki-San
05-14-2011, 10:01 AM
i also thinks its funny how you guys don't even touch upon the subject that in a game centered around a specific character archetype, you can't play as that archetype in multiplayer.

persiateddy95
05-14-2011, 10:20 AM
They are improving their combat skills, and those skills will be used in the SP.
You've already fought Templars in 2012.

wabashop2011
05-14-2011, 10:29 AM
Looks like Desmonds gonna have to do work on the Abstergo Agents just as his ancestor did to their ancestors 500 years previous.

kriegerdesgottes
05-14-2011, 10:38 AM
I like how they are sticking with the story and I think they still need the templar subjects to relive their own ancestors. I'm pretty sure the characters from the last game are supposed to be the ancestors of the templar subjects they are using. I never really did understand the whole backstory of the MP it seems to vary between we have uploaded the memories of the assassins to we are using our templar agents to train with uploaded assassin abilities or something like that. They didn't really mention it almost at all in the game, just in countless videos.

wabashop2011
05-14-2011, 10:45 AM
^ Well they definitely were not reliving memories.
Just matched simulations.
Im not sure how Vidic set that up though.
Vidic saw how Desmond turned into a beast from the bleeding effect, so he wanted to use that on Abstergo agents against Desmond.

BioPulse.ps3
05-14-2011, 12:05 PM
memories are hard wired into someone's dna. you can't just relive someone else's memories.

all the people who had assassin ancestors will have assassin memories and all the others won't.

simple.

swiftkinfe
05-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Are we all forgetting the DDS here?!

In project legacy your not related to any of these people.They are just getting the memories from another source then allowing others to go through the memories. I don't know how it's done but the DDS makes using other memories work.

However they can also be using modified Animi.There doing simulations NOT replaying memories.So simply put they chose a persona and use the interface from there.Since its programmed with the individual the are also picking up on the Templars skill.

I do agree a true Assassin should be in multiplayer.Not like Abstergo cant use them.Im sure the higher ups at Abstergo would gladly use there opponents skills against themselves.And I highly doubt that they don't have Assassin memories stored considering Project legacy.

Rouzeki-San
05-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by V-rex1986:
Are we all forgetting the DDS here?!

In project legacy your not related to any of these people.They are just getting the memories from another source then allowing others to go through the memories. I don't know how it's done but the DDS makes using other memories work.

However they can also be using modified Animi.There doing simulations NOT replaying memories.So simply put they chose a persona and use the interface from there.Since its programmed with the individual the are also picking up on the Templars skill.

I do agree a true Assassin should be in multiplayer.Not like Abstergo cant use them.Im sure the higher ups at Abstergo would gladly use there opponents skills against themselves.And I highly doubt that they don't have Assassin memories stored considering Project legacy.

yes you're right about that. its mentioned several times in AC fiction that abstergo has the data of the memories of the assassins they've captured and forced into the animi.

once again, in case you have some trouble reading, VIDEC SAYS IN THE INTRO VID TO MULTIPLAYER THAT THEY ARE USING MEMORIES FROM ASSASSINS TO TRAIN THE NEW TEMPLAR RECRUITS (to fight the assassins with their own skills). have a nice day.

Learn the story smegheads.

Rouzeki-San
05-14-2011, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Biopulse.PS3:
memories are hard wired into someone's dna. you can't just relive someone else's memories.

all the people who had assassin ancestors will have assassin memories and all the others won't.

simple.

yeah...go play the games again, and pay attention. because the animus has other uses than just viewing the immediate operator's memories.

SleezeRocker
05-14-2011, 01:58 PM
They should add The Hassassin in ACR's multiplayer :P

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110103232561/princeofpersia/en/images/thumb/2/22/Pofp006.jpg/605px-Pofp006.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110103233013/princeofpersia/en/images/thumb/6/65/Zolm2.jpg/830px-Zolm2.jpg

:P lol

Rouzeki-San
05-14-2011, 09:56 PM

or you know, they could have the cool assassins, you know, from the game thats about them.

ace3001
05-15-2011, 12:55 AM

Hmm.....http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually, the PSP port of PoP: Warrior Within is titled PoP: Revelations. The plot thickens? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Gasketfuse
05-15-2011, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Rouzeki-San:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SleezeRocker:

or you know, they could have the cool assassins, you know, from the game thats about them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I have no idea who that dude is, but Altair was a Hashashin, wasn't he?

Azugo
05-15-2011, 02:01 AM
wow, you guys don't read posts before replying/know nothing about assassins creed haha

THEY ALREADY HAVE RECORDED MEMORIES OF ASSASSINS (subjects 1-17, duh) THAT VIDEC SAYS THEY WILL BE USING TO TRAIN THE NEW TEMPLAR RECRUITS AS TO BETTER COMBAT THE ASSASSINS (Um, hello, the intro movie to MP in Brotherhood anyone?)! Are we even playing the same game?

You would still need people 'playing' as Assassin's.

It was about 7 months ago that I first saw that introduction video to the multiplayer, and I'm sorry if I couldn't remember it exactly.

Again, MP is the Templar's story. If you want to play as an Assassin, go play SP.

Oh, and I don't read posts and I don't know anything about AC? Whatever you say, dude, whatever you say.

knightshad0w
05-16-2011, 04:06 PM
Well, they are training the templars to killl assassins, and not templars, so I would imagine we could get some bigger assymetrical gamemode with assassins vs templars.

Cr8zGamer
05-17-2011, 09:59 PM
For those who pay attention on reading the new MP characters of ACR The Sentinel in his short "What is known so far is that the Sentinel was formerly an Assassin before the Order made peace with the Ottomans. In revenge and hatred, he now sides with the Templars to try and rid Constantinople of the Ottomans, renouncing his former Creed in the process." I already see the character im going to use the most and that the former Assassin The Sentinel http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110509194353/assassinscreed/images/3/33/The_Sentinel.jpg

SleezeRocker
05-17-2011, 11:43 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CrzGam3r:
I already see the character im going to use the most and that the former Assassin The Sentinel http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Yup!
I know I am!
Reincarnated Characters (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/2891006429?r=6581006529#6581006529)

Oatkeeper
05-17-2011, 11:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SleezeRocker:

or you know, they could have the cool assassins, you know, from the game thats about them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually the Assassins in AC1 are the Hashashin. As Patrice explained several times pre AC2. The Hashashin in real history where taken out (I think by the mongols) between the time of AC1 and AC2.

Assassins Creed explains that the order went into hiding, much like the Templars did after they where ordered to be disbanded.

The word modern word assassin (im pretty sure) comes from the name Hashashin.

X10J
05-18-2011, 12:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Having Assassin v. Templar wars in multiplayer just wouldn't work for the story. It would mean that there would have to be Assassin's in the Animus at Abstergo, with a whole bunch of Templars around them.

THEY ALREADY HAVE RECORDED MEMORIES OF ASSASSINS (subjects 1-17, duh) THAT VIDEC SAYS THEY WILL BE USING TO TRAIN THE NEW TEMPLAR RECRUITS AS TO BETTER COMBAT THE ASSASSINS (Um, hello, the intro movie to MP in Brotherhood anyone?)! Are we even playing the same game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought the perssona from AC:B Multiplayer were templars; Damn Ezio was a team killing ********, plot twist.

gamertam
05-18-2011, 12:18 AM
I received my AC:Revelation Gameinformer issue today. Yes, it's late. Anyway, GI gave a positive article. It also have a few pictures of what it may very well be mp characters beside from The Sentinel.

The Vanguard (female)
The Guardian (male)
Rhodes (female)
The Bombardier (male)

The article end with all un-answered questions will be unveiled. **Fingers crossed**

Azugo
05-18-2011, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by CrzGam3r:
For those who pay attention on reading the new MP characters of ACR The Sentinel in his short "What is known so far is that the Sentinel was formerly an Assassin before the Order made peace with the Ottomans. In revenge and hatred, he now sides with the Templars to try and rid Constantinople of the Ottomans, renouncing his former Creed in the process." I already see the character im going to use the most and that the former Assassin The Sentinel http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Yes, we're all very aware of the EX-Assassin character, but what the OP wants is REAL Assassin characters in the MP.

Did you read the original post (or the one directly underneath it)? This is what Rouzeki-San said:

''by the way, i am completely aware of the assassin turned templar character in AC: Revelations. but being a traitor to the assassins, he isn't a true assassin. i want true assassins, ones that kill for the creed. yea baby.''

You should probably always read atleast the first page. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

EscoBlades
05-18-2011, 05:28 AM
This thread has been truly hilarious to read.

Mike00601
05-31-2011, 08:44 AM
Making them Templars make sense because multiplayer is opposite to single player.
Like how Assassins are opposite to Templars.

CRUDFACE
05-31-2011, 11:16 PM
To be fair, the people in the dds aren't even templars. Look at the questions and responses, they're just people being used to dig deep into memories and such for abstergo to use. Two, let's not forget the bleeding effect, which would harm true templars, turning them into assassins over assin trained templars if exposed to it too much. You simply solve that by letting them get the bleeding effect from templar only loyalist instead of EVERYONE!

Oh, and the DDs doesn't train anyone, you just watch it through the view point of a character. Wonder if I can slap on a hidden dagger on my fallen assassin though, not liking his current weapon that much. But it is growing on me.