PDA

View Full Version : Deniable Ops framerate is different from Single Player

Netherheim
04-28-2010, 10:31 PM
This may be weird, but for some reason, my Single Player mode is pretty laggy, shuttering and de-synced voices. It's not serious, gameplay is still bearable, but in game cutscenes are a mess.

The odd thing is, when I play Deniable Ops (please note that I haven't played Co-op yet) it runs perfectly.

Also that my specs are all the recommended specs, and all up-to-date.

Can someone please explain this to me?

SilentAce07
04-28-2010, 10:59 PM
Same here actually.

Lancastersilk
04-28-2010, 11:11 PM
Weirdly enough I've been having the opposite, I've been Frapsing matches and I've been noticing my DO matches were laggier than my single player hunter mode matches.

tariqari
04-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Same for me in a different way. SP is uplayable for me. It automatically locks up/ freezes with in a minute. DO gives me about 5 min before that happens. So somethings wierd about it for sure.

lowkee33
04-28-2010, 11:39 PM
I am having the same frame rate issue and I am above recommended specs. I get a lot better in denied ops. I tried online one time and it was even worse. I have a 20mb internet connection so I know that was not the problem. I read on steam somewhere the video cards they listed are the only ones they guarantee will work at all.

Netherheim
04-29-2010, 04:09 PM
It feels to me that it's just the connection with the server or whatnot, which is weird, 'cuz my connection is great. This also happens with the main menu also.

Sn1p3r87
04-30-2010, 12:15 AM
Same here too, it seems to run about 15 to about 20% better than it does on the normal SP. Outdoor stuff still lags abit, but nowhere near as bad as the normal SP does.

Dread_stunlock
05-04-2010, 02:23 PM
weirdly enough my deniable ops works so smooothly the single player ESSPECIALY THE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF IRAQ LEVEL LAGS LIKE PEEEP PEEEP EPEEP

Jason-Alaska
05-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Anotehr post another opinion!

My SP game AND Deniable Ops runs smoooooth. 40+fps

My MP frame rates drop to 18-30 fps
With game freezing for both players that lasts for 5-10 seconds that comes at 1-3 minute intervals. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

YurikArkady
05-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Jason-Alaska:
Anotehr post another opinion!

My SP game runs smoooooth. 40+fps

My Deniable Ops frame rates drop to 18-30 fps http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Multiplayer or actual deniable ops?

Keep in mind that FPS for coop matches is capped at 30.

Jason-Alaska
05-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Klaz0:

Multiplayer or actual deniable ops?

Thanks, I cleaned up my post above yours. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Even capped at 30FPS should play smooth. Ours freezes every few minutes for several seconds at a time. Only to return us to the game as though no time had passed.

YurikArkady
05-04-2010, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Jason-Alaska:
Even capped at 30FPS should play smooth. Ours freezes every few minutes for several seconds at a time. Only to return us to the game as though no time had passed.

Yes but if one person is having frame rate issues, it will affect the other person as well. It's not really an ideal solution but it's how Ubisoft decided to keep the two games synced and make sure both players see the same thing at the same time.

If you're playing multiplayer with someone with a computer that for whatever reason is experiencing a slowdown during gameplay, you get hit with a slowdown as well. It's really stupid that they decided to do it this way.

I solved this by playing with people that run the game fine, cause there's really nothing you can do on your end. If the framerate problem is with the other persons machine then you'll experience slowdown no matter what you change your video settings to. And that's just silly.

Janno.BuzzBazz
05-04-2010, 10:28 PM
QuickTip Of the Day:

SinglePlayer FPS:
Singleplayer games only have to think about you and your use of the PC, locally. So, more power goes to render more awesome GFX for you, the end user.

MultiPlayer FPS:
Multiplayer games have to work with you, your inputs, your pc's power, your iNet speed AND another user with the same things, ALL is connected to UbiSofts Servers.
That means the the visuals will be lower no matter what you do, because the code has to be streamlined so when it goes online and connects to first the server, then relay's that info to your multiplayer buddy it only takes about a second or less.

This is the ping.

If you had tried to send the singleplayer info over the iNet on the same server it would probably result in ping up to several minutes.

Remember, less data sent, lower ping.
So even if you have a high speed iNet, the game will optimize playabillity by killing a lot of things you might not see for you to have a best time possible while playing with others.