PDA

View Full Version : What you were probably expecting and didn't get in CMXI

Undefdisfigure
11-18-2007, 10:07 AM
I see there are a lot of complaints that CMXI wasn't a significant enough change from CMX to be called an upgrade. Your probably just looking superficially. At the interface for example. While the interface incurred very little changes there have been numerous small changes if you go through the menus of the game.

I don't think they can do a much better job with the interface and that's why they didn't change it. They are catering to the lowest common denominator with the interface.

While I agree there could have been a little extra, I would hardly call Ubi's moves false advertising. If you look carefully enough, CMXI cuts it as being an update from CMX. The only thing I wish is that they would take this game a little more seriously since they're concerned with their other games too and aren't so much into chess as some other developpers.

Undefdisfigure
11-18-2007, 10:07 AM
I see there are a lot of complaints that CMXI wasn't a significant enough change from CMX to be called an upgrade. Your probably just looking superficially. At the interface for example. While the interface incurred very little changes there have been numerous small changes if you go through the menus of the game.

I don't think they can do a much better job with the interface and that's why they didn't change it. They are catering to the lowest common denominator with the interface.

While I agree there could have been a little extra, I would hardly call Ubi's moves false advertising. If you look carefully enough, CMXI cuts it as being an update from CMX. The only thing I wish is that they would take this game a little more seriously since they're concerned with their other games too and aren't so much into chess as some other developpers.