PDA

View Full Version : Bits and pieces

owlwatcher
10-20-2004, 09:44 PM
Seems the plane list and maps I have seen posted are not gonna to make for historial accurcy in campaign stuff.

Hope the patch fills these gaps.

All the battles that need recreating are missing some key stuff.
Either a plane or space on maps to layout the Task forces.

I wish Oleg had picked an engagment say Coral Sea and used the order of battle and built the game around it.

One very large map to test fuel consumtion and range and run seach patterns. would help in placment of TFs.

Bias view
No PF and like mission building and CVs.

Snootles
10-20-2004, 09:47 PM
From what Luthier/Oleg has said, a tremendous amount of maps and flyables is still in the works. It's just a compromise to get what we have now in stead of waiting perhaps another year+ for everything.

LEXX_Luthor
10-20-2004, 10:02 PM
Murmansk map coming too. I think both summer and winter versions. Winter for sure, cos IanBoys said the map will have liquid water and snow. He said the water didn't freeze there. But that is weird cos the Finland map has the Gulf of Finland all frozen in winter map, not that I am whining, the vast ice sheet is so beautiful at sunrise or sunset.

owlwatcher
10-20-2004, 10:05 PM
Saw the P=40Bs? screens with Chinna marking and flying tigers colors and didn't see map of china. There were more... .
Loved those P-40 screen shots ,1st airplane book and model (plastic) were about the flying tigers.

actionhank1786
10-21-2004, 12:34 AM
I'm assuming what they did was to just get a "the whole war" type thing done.
So they could get as much of the planes from the different times of the whole war into the release so that all people could be happy with it, instead of focusing on just one part.
This way most people are happy, and they can fill in the missing parts over time.
That's my thoughts...

Snuffy Smith
10-21-2004, 01:07 AM
Re: the freeze in the Gulf of Finland: no, it's not really weird when you think about it. The Baltic is a shallow inland sea surrounded by cold lands. Murmansk is open to the ocean and at the extreme northern flow of the gulf stream. The value of Murmansk is that it does not freeze-up in winter. You can make a strong argument that sometimes geography is history.