PDA

View Full Version : Wanted mode is..

SoraXIII
11-20-2010, 07:48 AM
Manhunt is so much better than wanted. When I play hunted, I want to slowly walk over to my target, yet there is no hiding because of the terrible compass.

I want to be stealthy. I want to hind in plain sight, but in wanted mode I have to keep running or some ****** will kill me.

Don't any of you feel the same?

Nakkikala
11-20-2010, 08:39 AM
Have you unlocked Advanced Wanted yet? It's the most suitable mode for stealth based gameplay. I love it! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

TheXenon
11-20-2010, 09:11 AM
What's the difference between Advanced Wanted besides the fact that the compass won't tell you if your target it Up or Down?

It's pretty much the same easy crap lol. And no I'm not bashing the game I'm just saying there really wasn't a reason for Advanced Wanted it's like 1/10th of a harder level than normal Wanted.

Nakkikala
11-20-2010, 03:31 PM
If you are good at stealth it mgiht even be easier. But as I said before it's pretty much stealth all the time. Besides it's a lot easier to stay alive (even the whole 10 min) as people don't automatically know where you are exactly. I'm only lvl 17 but hope it won't change at later levels.

UnsentSoul
11-20-2010, 07:19 PM
I have only played wanted so far and i kinda agree with OP. I notice people running around being idiots as i blend in the crowd and pick and choose my moments to kill but i end up loosing becuase im not jumpling all over the rooftops and sprinting to my marks. People ruin the game and its annoying. Howcome 1st place can sit ontop of a 3 story building lookout and never once have his person run up and kill him. I've seen people sit on the tips of roofs for 2-3 minutes just waiting and it ruins the game. Rooftop runners are the most frustrating thing so far in the game. Dont flame me and tell me to use the hidden gun because i do but 100-300 pts. is pretty crappy just because they wanna run on the rooftops.

rb2610
11-20-2010, 08:05 PM
I've generally found that I sprint to my mark while the compass shows them as a long distance away, then once I get in sight of them keep to low profile. When you only have 10 minutes in a game and you have the added pressure of other players with thee same target as you, you can't afford to be walking absolutely everywhere, you need to close the distance quickly sometimes.

dragonraider00
11-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Wanted is probably my favorite game mode, but I do agree that sprinters ruin the game. They make it hard to be stealthy when they run across the map, stab you before you get a chance to take off, and run away.

Feanturim
11-20-2010, 10:02 PM
Sprinters make my life easy in wanted, if theyre my target I just wait, theres only so far they can go before theyll turn back towards me. If they're my persuer, let them run, smoke bomb, stun and points for me. Remember you can win a game with 10 good kills compared to 30 crap ones.

CoreySeidel
11-20-2010, 10:16 PM
advanced wanted is the way to go

KCizzll
11-20-2010, 10:44 PM
For the record: Advanced wanted has a weaker compass on top of the no up/down arrows. It gets full from much farther away.

amovngtarget
11-20-2010, 10:49 PM
The compass in Advanced Wanted might be a little bit weaker than regular Wanted, but it stills glows when you see them.

DeafAtheist
11-21-2010, 01:12 AM
I love Wanted. I love the challenge of trying to kill my target while at the same time avoiding others pursuing me. I love the fact that that with Wanted you never know who is coming for you. That adds to the suspense of the game... it makes every player truly a "blade in the crowd" whereas with the team-based modes you know what your opponents look like. You know who to watch out for unless they are disguised. But basically all you have to do in a team game is climb a roof and if someone else that doesn't look like you climbs up there you know it's your pursuer because teammates are marked.

So Wanted is by far my favorite mode. Admittedly I haven't played any Alliance yet and only a couple games of Manhunt but I really like the way Wanted works. I think it's the perfect multiplayer game.

Rainie
11-21-2010, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
I love Wanted. I love the challenge of trying to kill my target while at the same time avoiding others pursuing me. I love the fact that that with Wanted you never know who is coming for you. That adds to the suspense of the game... it makes every player truly a "blade in the crowd" whereas with the team-based modes you know what your opponents look like. You know who to watch out for unless they are disguised. But basically all you have to do in a team game is climb a roof and if someone else that doesn't look like you climbs up there you know it's your pursuer because teammates are marked.

So Wanted is by far my favorite mode. Admittedly I haven't played any Alliance yet and only a couple games of Manhunt but I really like the way Wanted works. I think it's the perfect multiplayer game.

I agree completely. Wanted is my fav mode as well, and don't see anything wrong with it's setup. There are parts that annoy me in Wanted but it's mostly how the others tend to play (ex; runners). I played Alliance in the beta and didn't really like it, like DeafAethist said, since you know what character skins the other team has it's easy to ignore the other npcs walking around. And I find there were a lot more runners both off and on the rooftops which only added to my dislike. I haven't played any of the other 2 modes yet, I might try them but I'm not sure if I'd play them

ShootingProdi
11-21-2010, 04:10 AM
who cares if people want to run around to get you.
When they get the Chase the target, and they get you they will only get 100points..

Comixfan
11-21-2010, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by UnsentSoul:
I have only played wanted so far and i kinda agree with OP. I notice people running around being idiots as i blend in the crowd and pick and choose my moments to kill but i end up loosing becuase im not jumpling all over the rooftops and sprinting to my marks. People ruin the game and its annoying. Howcome 1st place can sit ontop of a 3 story building lookout and never once have his person run up and kill him. I've seen people sit on the tips of roofs for 2-3 minutes just waiting and it ruins the game. Rooftop runners are the most frustrating thing so far in the game. Dont flame me and tell me to use the hidden gun because i do but 100-300 pts. is pretty crappy just because they wanna run on the rooftops.

I agree completely. I'm tired of the top scorers in games being the people who either a) run all the time or b) camp on rooftops with the hidden gun for the entire game

I'm also sick of people charging straight at me leaving me unable to do anything to avoid being killed. Seriously, if it's obvious who's coming to kill you, why not have the ability to counter their move (similar to the stun but used against blatantly obvious assassins), forcing them to be more stealthy.

That'd make for a much more enjoyable multiplayer experience. (Not saying it isn't enjoyable now, but it's tinged with frustration at how unbalanced it currently is in favour of the assassin).

Feanturim
11-21-2010, 07:26 AM
Originally posted by Comixfan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UnsentSoul:

I agree completely. I'm tired of the top scorers in games being the people who either a) run all the time or b) camp on rooftops with the hidden gun for the entire game

I'm also sick of people charging straight at me leaving me unable to do anything to avoid being killed. Seriously, if it's obvious who's coming to kill you, why not have the ability to counter their move (similar to the stun but used against blatantly obvious assassins), forcing them to be more stealthy.

That'd make for a much more enjoyable multiplayer experience. (Not saying it isn't enjoyable now, but it's tinged with frustration at how unbalanced it currently is in favour of the assassin). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The numerous rounds ive played prove to me that if your good enough the runners / roof campers do not win against a good stealthy slow paced combat, stop whinging and play better.

postwick
11-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Comixfan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UnsentSoul:

That'd make for a much more enjoyable multiplayer experience. (Not saying it isn't enjoyable now, but it's tinged with frustration at how unbalanced it currently is in favour of the assassin). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

if the top scorers in the games you're playing in are people who run around and/or roof camp, then you're doing something wrong.

that way they're going to get at most 10 kills. that's 1000-2000 points. you get 4-5 400-point kills (good, stealth kills) and you will beat them every time.

Mr_Shade
11-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Please remember this is a E rated forum, as as such please do not swear - even in thread titles.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

DatSoySauce
11-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by CoreySeidel:
advanced wanted is the way to go

Advanced Wanted is hit or miss. Either you get the folks who LIKE to be stealthy, or you get the ones that think....Oh Hey, no more level differential notice on the compass now, this means I can run all around the rooftops even more!

Which the second option seems to happen lately more so than not, which is why I went back to regular Wanted when this is the case. Frustrating to say the least still.

Ven_GencE999
11-21-2010, 05:54 PM
I find Advanced Wanted so much enjoyable than the other modes. As others have said, Manhunt is too easy to spot your hunter and wanted seems to have more roofers/runners.

And I've yet to play a match where a roofer/runner comes in first place or even in the top 3, they ususally wind up in 4th or 5th with all their worthless kills...I love it

UnsentSoul
11-21-2010, 06:45 PM
I understand completely that you obviously get more points for better kills. the title of the game should just be mercenaries creed. Take away all the npcs so theres nothing to bump into and just have an 8 player ffa on a map. Maybe im being too sarcastic.

dirty_danty
11-21-2010, 07:35 PM
most frustrating thing about manhunt is when the whole other team says grouped up when they are hunters, they'll just sit back and watch their teammate fail then come in and take the kill, leaving me to escape

Justin125
11-22-2010, 12:45 AM
Here is what I do... I use the abilities smoke and charge. I use these on pursuers and I average 6-9 stuns a game if not more. I run like a mad man if for a brief moment I do not have a pursuer or if I have one and still need to catch up to my target and when I am close or insight I stop to stay incognito and then I blend into a crowd witht the blend perk that automatically makes someone in the griup look like me(very useful)..and then I get hidden incognito..and If I see sopmeone coming at me I can either charge or smoke them...In one game I took out all 3 of my pursuers at the same time.. I charged one noticed another coming for me and used smoke and as I hit him someone else walked into my smoke and I hit him...It was awesome..lol

Toxic_Crow_1
11-22-2010, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by SoraXIII:
Manhunt is so much better than wanted. When I play hunted, I want to slowly walk over to my target, yet there is no hiding because of the terrible compass.

I want to be stealthy. I want to hind in plain sight, but in wanted mode I have to keep running or some ****** will kill me.

Don't any of you feel the same?

Not here I could find my prey but I look around to see I am being follow. Then I start a chase away from my prey and then I have one person less after me.

FANIS1993
11-22-2010, 01:48 PM
dude things aren't like that, you are right about the part that some people running all over the place and thats annoying, some runs because they just stared playing, but others are running because someone is chasing them or they chasing someone that has break the sight of line. so its impossible for players not to run. if your pursuer was chasing you i bet you would have stayed there cause its not good to run...

SoraXIII
11-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
Please remember this is a E rated forum, as as such please do not swear - even in thread titles.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sorry about that http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

alexbuffy
12-07-2010, 04:14 PM
Well,I love Wanted and Manhunt.I'm very good at steath.The worse thing about Advanced Wanted is the fact that the compass WILL NOT show where your target is. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
I agree with Fenturim because it is dumb how the TOP players are the ones running around,poisoning you NON STOP or standing with other players pretending its Assassin camp and shooting people on the roof.Overall I'm good at AC BH. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

Spartiates_Monk
12-07-2010, 04:34 PM
I carry the pistol. I've gotten decent at just quickly shooting my target if they're running around all over the place. It's kind of like assassinating an NPC just to get a new target, but you get a couple points...