PDA

View Full Version : Wierd Sound Problem

h009291
06-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Hi all,

I've noticed in the last upgrade (Pe-2 as far as I know) something wierd happening to the sound.

When I'm in a bomber (IL2 for example). Everything is fine until I switch to gunner view, then switch back to pilot. The sound is now rather muffled and crackly. Especially the AI voices and the Tower commands.

If I enter the SETUP (still playing) and switch the sound settings (Sample rate or Playback channels) and come back into the game ... it's ok. Until of course I switch to Gunner view.

Has anyone heard of similar problems? I've never had this before. I have an Audigy 2 SC and haven't changed anything of late.

h009291
06-03-2006, 08:20 PM
Hi all,

I've noticed in the last upgrade (Pe-2 as far as I know) something wierd happening to the sound.

When I'm in a bomber (IL2 for example). Everything is fine until I switch to gunner view, then switch back to pilot. The sound is now rather muffled and crackly. Especially the AI voices and the Tower commands.

If I enter the SETUP (still playing) and switch the sound settings (Sample rate or Playback channels) and come back into the game ... it's ok. Until of course I switch to Gunner view.

Has anyone heard of similar problems? I've never had this before. I have an Audigy 2 SC and haven't changed anything of late.

Aardvark184
06-03-2006, 10:04 PM
I haven't had that problem. Unfortunately, I still get the echo when firing any Hurricane guns. It's the only sound problem I have, and it's been like that since... oh, probably 2. something or other.

Tim

reverendkrv1972
06-04-2006, 07:58 AM
something my wingmen & i have noticed since 4.05 is a lack of sound when russian planes fire & hit your plane http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

anyone else noticed this?

I haven't noticed the il2 gunner thing h009291

-HH- Beebop
06-04-2006, 08:10 AM
Do you have the latest drivers for your sound card? If not, try installing them.
If you do, you might try un-installing them and re-installing them . Sounds crazy but it's worked for me before.
Just a thought until someone smarter comes along.

P.S. You might try posting this in Community Help Forum along with your DxDiag.