PDA

View Full Version : BoB scenario?

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 10:48 PM
Just curious. It's probably been discussed before but I was wondering. When the Spit and if the Ju-88 come out is there any possibility for a virtual online Battle Of Britain? Anybody working on such a thing?

It's just that the last couple of books I've read have been about the BoB and now I'm kinda keen on the idea of flying those missions. I realize that Rowan put out their product but when I tried it, well...let's just say I was not impressed. So anybody know?

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 10:48 PM
Just curious. It's probably been discussed before but I was wondering. When the Spit and if the Ju-88 come out is there any possibility for a virtual online Battle Of Britain? Anybody working on such a thing?

It's just that the last couple of books I've read have been about the BoB and now I'm kinda keen on the idea of flying those missions. I realize that Rowan put out their product but when I tried it, well...let's just say I was not impressed. So anybody know?

XyZspineZyX
09-24-2003, 11:41 PM
There is a mission on mudmovers (I think), which re-enacts the BoB. I downloaded it and ran it and it looks awesome with all those fighters and bombers.
Obviously there are no spits in this mission just the hurricanes, but it will show you why this is difficult to simulate on todays machines.
I had to run it at 640x480 just to get 15fps!!!!
This is on an Athlon XP2600+ with Geforce 4 Ti4200 128MB (overclocked) and a gig of dual channel PC2700 DDR RAM.
It's worth looking at tho... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

<center>http://www.appy55.dsl.pipex.com/FB/squigsig.jpg