PDA

View Full Version : Brotherhood Region free?

assassin_zombie
11-17-2010, 04:41 PM
Hey guys, i was wondering if any one knew if brotherhood was announced to be region free? I'm trying to get my hands on the codex edition and i live in the US. i just want to know that way I'm not surprised when i get the Codex edition. Thanks abunch guys!

caswallawn_2k7
11-17-2010, 04:45 PM
360, it is possible it will be region locked, on the PS3 it will be region free (all games are) BUT on both the PS3 and 360 the DLC/extra codes will only work on a PSN/Live account from the games original region and if any extra DLC is brought out by Ubi you will need to buy it from a PSN/Live account in the region the game came from or the game wont recognise it.

xsatanicjokerx
11-17-2010, 04:46 PM
I believe that tit are region locked. Well at least I know the promotion codes are.

assassin_zombie
11-17-2010, 06:38 PM
yeah i knew the dlc was region locked, i can live without that, yeah see i have a 360 so its really a gamble until i find someone else in america who got the codex edition. The last two games from my understanding were region free so it alludes me as to why brotherhood would be region encoded.

obliviondoll
11-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by caswallawn_2k7:
on the PS3 it will be region free (all games are)
NOT true.

Since the slim PS3 came out some titles have been region locked - Way of the Samurai 3 is region locked - anyone using a slim PS3 can't play it in NZ or Aus because it hasn't been released here.

I have a copy, but I have a PS3 I got on release, so I can play it. But a friend with a slim PS3 got an error message when he tried playing it.

Don't know if Brotherhood does this - check the packaging - if it's labeled with a region code, and you've got a new PS3, you MIGHT have problems.

assassin_zombie
11-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Don't know if Brotherhood does this - check the packaging - if it's labeled with a region code, and you've got a new PS3, you MIGHT have problems.

Thanks man but sadly i have a 360 =/

obliviondoll
11-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by assassin_zombie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

Thanks man but sadly i have a 360 =/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You'd mentioned, but some people might look in this thread looking for PS3 info too. And it's best to make sure the post I'd quoted wasn't left without correction.

I'm pretty sure the case is legally required to list if it's region locked regardless of whether it's a DVD or game for whatever console - so check the packaging of ANY copy of the appropriate console's version of the game, see if it's got a region code listed on it.

assassin_zombie
11-17-2010, 07:08 PM

You'd mentioned, but some people might look in this thread looking for PS3 info too. And it's best to make sure the post I'd quoted wasn't left without correction.

I'm pretty sure the case is legally required to list if it's region locked regardless of whether it's a DVD or game for whatever console - so check the packaging of ANY copy of the appropriate console's version of the game, see if it's got a region code listed on it.

Ahhhh i see what your getting at ok cool! well maybe any one with the 360 version of the codex edition can let me know weather or not it has a region code on it. If any one who happens to read this post and has the UK version of the game it would be much appreciated if you posted
a response to this.

obliviondoll
11-17-2010, 07:18 PM
http://www.coverdude.com/cover...ront-cover-52755.jpg (http://www.coverdude.com/covers/assassins-creed-brotherhood-2010-ntsc-front-cover-52755.jpg)

This looks reassuring to me that it'll be region free on XBox.

Like I said, if they're region locked, they'll be region locked EVERYWHERE, and EVERY copy will be region locked.

Doesn't look to have a region code on it, so I'd say you're safe.

assassin_zombie
11-17-2010, 07:27 PM
http://www.coverdude.com/cover...ront-cover-52755.jpg (http://www.coverdude.com/covers/assassins-creed-brotherhood-2010-ntsc-front-cover-52755.jpg)

This looks reassuring to me that it'll be region free on XBox.

Like I said, if they're region locked, they'll be region locked EVERYWHERE, and EVERY copy will be region locked.

Doesn't look to have a region code on it, so I'd say you're safe.

*Comes to tears* ......TH..Thank you so much! I Seriously owe you one =D

obliviondoll
11-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Glad to help.

I currently have way too much time on my hands.

Also, I can confidently say the same goes for PS3, so ACB appears to be fully region-free.

Yay!

assassin_zombie
11-17-2010, 09:11 PM

I currently have way too much time on my hands.

Haha I wish I was in your position, I have wayy to many essays to wright this week =[