PDA

View Full Version : Assassinations have become alienated

TrueDemonzBane
01-04-2011, 04:19 PM
ok, so in assassin's creed 1, you were sent out after 9 men, each time, you learned alot about their actions, behaviors, and them as people in general, in AC2, you went along with the story, discovering new targets as the game progressed, and you learned a lil about each target, but not as much as in AC1, and now in AC bro, we're given a reason to kill the target, told where they are, and sent on our way (templar, courtisan, thief, and mercinary quests) it's even got to the point where we send other assassins after targets, is it just me? or does anyone else miss the days when we went out and learned about our targets befor we slit their throats?

this is a disscussion thread, not feedback

ThaWhistle
01-04-2011, 04:25 PM
i havent played ACB yet, but i felt that way about AC2. Especially after you go to Venice, it seems to really lose all reason. just Templars bad, go kill templars.

obliviondoll
01-04-2011, 04:38 PM
First game, you were tasked with learning about your targets for a character-specific reason.

Second game, you were learning about them to an extent, but your main objective was revenge.

Brotherhood definitely felt like Ezio was jumping on the "Templars bad, kill Templars" bandwagon, although there was also a strong "Templars after my family, must kill Templars" vibe to his actions as well.

I preferred learning about the targets and knowing they were actually doing awful things and deserved to die, rather than just "this guy works for this other guy who doesn't like you, and if you kill him, it'll make killing the guy you want to kill easier"

MrJLBoyyy
01-04-2011, 04:45 PM
Well Ubisoft could counter that with "You're the leader now, you have others do that for you", but I don't personally like that.

But yeah, I missed that.

TrueDemonzBane
01-04-2011, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by MrJLBoyyy:
Well Ubisoft could counter that with "You're the leader now, you have others do that for you", but I don't personally like that.

But yeah, I missed that. well, since you brought it up, shouldnt the leader the the one who knows the most about the enemy?

obliviondoll
01-04-2011, 05:35 PM
The "you're the leader, other people get info for you" argument makes sense, but it's still more fun finding out for yourself.

MrJLBoyyy
01-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by TrueDemonsBane:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrJLBoyyy:

But yeah, I missed that. well, since you brought it up, shouldnt the leader the the one who knows the most about the enemy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it might matter. Maybe she/he would know most about the group or the important/main people, but she/he might waste their time with other information? I'm sorry, I don't have leaders of organizations I'm killing... yet.