PDA

View Full Version : X52 and Throttle

L337Bossman
10-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Hi everyone,

I cannot get my X52's throttle to map with the throttle in IL-2. I downloaded the Saitek profile but my throttle still doesn't do anything in game. When I test it in the profile, it's working fine. I can't map the throttle in game either, as it's not registering it as a "key" when I move it.

Is there anyway to get this darn game to recognize my throttle? I seem to be having this problem with all of my axis that are not a "button." For example, I can't configure my dials to work as the aileron and elevator shifters.

Please help!

BurningBeard
10-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Check the Hotas section in the bottom of the Controls Menu. If I remember properly the axis was reversed when I initially set up my X52

Beard

BadA1m
10-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Go into IL2's Setup and select the "joystick " tab and make sure the box is checked.

If that's not it, do you have other controlers plugged in at the same time? IL2, being an older game doesn't always play nice with other controlers. I think it can only read 2.

L337Bossman
10-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the responses everyone.

I currently only have the X52 plugged in so I don't think it's a conflict with the other game controllers. I downloaded someone's profile on here to see if that would make the throttle work, but they had engine power mapped to the little slider on the throttle.

Outlaw---
10-16-2007, 10:06 AM
The throttle should not be mapped as a key. At the bottom of the controls list there is a set of "Hotas" controls that can be mapped to a joystick axis. One of them is throttle (or maybe listed as power). Click in the right column to activate the "set" mode and then move the throttle. It should put the entry for the throttle axis in the right column. If the power is backwards, do the same thing but move the throttle in the opposite direction you did before.

Unless you also want keyboard keys for the throttle there is no need to have anything mapped to increase/decrease throttle.

--Outlaw.

TgD Thunderbolt56
10-16-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by BadA1m:
...I think it can only read 2.

Actually, it only recognizes 8 axes. I have 4 controllers plugged in and IL2 recognizes all of them.

CH Fighterstick + Pro Throttle + Throttle quadrant + Pro Pedals

TB

HitchHikerHSDWG
10-16-2007, 11:54 AM
For some reason I want to think that my throttle was mapped (in game) to the slider when I first installed the X-52. As another member noted check to make sure its mapped in game under the HOTAS control section!

L337Bossman
10-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Thanks guys,

I'm an idiot. I was mapping it under the key section rather than the HOTAS section. It's working perfectly now!

HitchHikerHSDWG
10-17-2007, 05:00 PM
No worries we all had to start somewhere.

BadA1m
10-21-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by L337Bossman:
Thanks guys,

I'm an idiot. I was mapping it under the key section rather than the HOTAS section. It's working perfectly now!

I thought I was the only one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif!