PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Vision

saintdave18
08-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Hi

Big fan of the Assassin's Creed series and very much looking forward to Brotherhood and then finally Assassin's Creed 3.
I have a quick question regarding the eagle vision.
I'm not sure i've missed something in the storyline but it doesn't explain much about Ezio having eagle vision or how he gets it. Has it got a storyline to it, or is it simply a gameplay mechanic to simplify the game?

Thanks Guys!

RipYourSpineOut
08-27-2010, 02:20 PM
As far as we know, Eagle Vision is really Ezio's/Altair's gift of intuition, finding out the true intentions of the people around them. The Animus simply color-codes it to simplify it.

It's nothing supernatural. Just intuition. There's no real storyline to it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

NuclearFuss
08-27-2010, 02:28 PM
That can't be right seeing as Desmond has it, and he's not in the Animus. It's just a genetic thing, I guess. Occasionally it'll skip a generation or two. Three. Fifteen, maybe.

Murcuseo
08-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by sackboy411:
That can't be right seeing as Desmond has it, and he's not in the Animus. It's just a genetic thing, I guess. Occasionally it'll skip a generation or two. Three. Fifteen, maybe.

Does desmond not get EV from the bleeding effect?

itsamea-mario
08-27-2010, 02:36 PM
a genetic skill possibly, also not completely human, it takes i little more than simple intuition to know if someone you've never met at a distance who can't see you, is hostile towards you. also bieng able to see fingerprints and blood. (i would love that ability)

its likely that desmond had the capability but due to genetic dilution, he forgot how to do it, so to speak.

and its also likely that only certain descendants can do it because they're 'special'.

i reckon those particular ones maybe kind of 'reincarnations' of adam maybe. they also share sort of 'destinies' so they all: encounter things related to TWCB, or save the world and even recieve a scar on their lips.

magesupermaster
08-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Subject 16 explains that the gift(Eagle Vision) they have is from those who came before.

And Desmond's Eagle Vision was dormant up until the bleeding effect occurred while he used the Animus.

souNdwAve89
08-27-2010, 06:42 PM
Some of these posts are right. It can be speculated that Desmond and his ancestors are descendants of Adam and Eve. Notice how Adam and Eve were not affected by the powers of the Apple of Eden and same for Altair and Ezio. The only thing that effected them was paralysis, but not mind control or other abilities.

Also in "The Truth" video, we see Adam and Eve free running very well, which is identical to Desmond's ancestors.

X10J
08-27-2010, 07:06 PM
<span class="ev_code_WHITE">Behold,The Assassins, The Children of Two Worlds-Subject 16. Implies that assassins are human-twcb hybrids, many think that thats why they have eagle vision.</span>

saintdave18
08-28-2010, 05:45 AM
Thanks for the replies guys.
Very interesting.
I suppose we'll find out hopefully in Assassin's Creed III. That game can't come out soon enough.

Caligula__
08-28-2010, 05:48 AM
Desmond's lineage is Adam/Eve + Those Who Came Before

OR

Normal human + Those Who Came Before

Caligula__
08-28-2010, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by saintdave18:
Very interesting.
I suppose we'll find out hopefully in Assassin's Creed III. That game can't come out soon enough.

It's Assassin's Creed 2.5: Brotherhood!!!!!! Stop getting it wrong ffs!

Assassin's Creed 3 means a different hero (ancestor)

saintdave18
08-28-2010, 05:58 AM
I'm not talking about Brotherhood. I know thats a carry on from Ezio.
I'm talking about Assassin's Creed III, which will hopefully tie up the loose ends on the eagle vision and Desmond's story.

magesupermaster
08-28-2010, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Vx_McTavish_xV:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by saintdave18:
Very interesting.

It's Assassin's Creed 2.5: Brotherhood!!!!!! Stop getting it wrong ffs!

Assassin's Creed 3 means a different hero (ancestor) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For now we don't know how will AC3 be.

It might be only Desmond.

After all, he is the true protagonist of the series.

Caligula__
08-28-2010, 06:06 AM
it's desmond saving world from solar flare by going to temples of The Ones Who Came Before

magesupermaster
08-28-2010, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Vx_McTavish_xV:
it's desmond saving world from solar flare by going to temples of The Ones Who Came Before

Maybe and maybe not... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif