PDA

View Full Version : Question about Pre-ordering

Rakudaton
10-25-2010, 09:31 AM
I generally don't pre-order games, but I'm considering making an exception for ACB (possibly to get extra content).

But if you consider that the game gets released November 19th, does that mean they have to buy lots of stock from that day and only after that can sell it? Because in that case I can imagine that taking some time.

So, if you pre-order something, do you have to wait a week or two after the release date before they can send it? Or do they pre-stock it and send it around the time of release?

Thanks.

Deathgrim666
10-25-2010, 09:37 AM
If u do online, if u do one day shipping, you will get it day one of release. If you preorder in store they hold a copy for you.

Mr_Shade
10-25-2010, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by deathgrim666:
If u do online, if u do one day shipping, you will get it day one of release. If you preorder in store they hold a copy for you. Having said that - I have ordered from certain sites, only to see it turn up a week later..

As with anything, buyer beware when shopping online - do research about the store and if they guarantee it's with you for launch.. - some UK online stores give you 3 back if it's late for example.

Most if not all online stores will try and ship the game a day or so before release, to make sure you have it.

In the UK - some even ship them on the Tuesday, due to our postal service.. lol

I mostly now reserve in store, so I know for sure I am getting it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Plus in the UK - many stores do 'midnight' openings for the larger games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

BioPulse.ps3
10-25-2010, 09:51 AM
it also depends where you're from

Abeonis
10-25-2010, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Rakudaton:
I generally don't pre-order games, but I'm considering making an exception for ACB (possibly to get extra content).

But if you consider that the game gets released November 19th, does that mean they have to buy lots of stock from that day and only after that can sell it? Because in that case I can imagine that taking some time.

So, if you pre-order something, do you have to wait a week or two after the release date before they can send it? Or do they pre-stock it and send it around the time of release?

Thanks.

Despends in which country you order from, and from which company. For example, I usually order from Play.com, and it usually arrives the day before it's released in-store... although that's only because play.com have a 3-5 day delivery time.