PDA

View Full Version : Oleg: A better solution for iron crosshairs

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 07:02 PM
Hi Oleg,

Last night I thought about finding a better solution for iron crosshairs like on the A6M5,P11 and rear gunners. The
problem with these crosshairs is that some of the beams disappear if you lean back in the cockpit. Only in the cameraposition that is the nearest to the crosshair you can see the it without disappearing parts.

This is a problem only of the iron crosses because I think they are createt of solit brushes. Parts buildet in the same way like a wing or wheel. I think the yellow crosshairs of the Me-109 or Hurricane are textures. There are no such problems.

The solution I found is simple but effective. You create the outer circle like the old iron crosshair. Then you put
an invisible glas inside of this cricle. Then you can put a
crosshair like the Zero crosshair in this glas. You change the colour to a black where you can't look through and center it permanetly. You now have the same crosshair like before these changes, it only looks better and has the same qualities like other texture crosshairs.

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 07:02 PM
Hi Oleg,

Last night I thought about finding a better solution for iron crosshairs like on the A6M5,P11 and rear gunners. The
problem with these crosshairs is that some of the beams disappear if you lean back in the cockpit. Only in the cameraposition that is the nearest to the crosshair you can see the it without disappearing parts.

This is a problem only of the iron crosses because I think they are createt of solit brushes. Parts buildet in the same way like a wing or wheel. I think the yellow crosshairs of the Me-109 or Hurricane are textures. There are no such problems.

The solution I found is simple but effective. You create the outer circle like the old iron crosshair. Then you put
an invisible glas inside of this cricle. Then you can put a
crosshair like the Zero crosshair in this glas. You change the colour to a black where you can't look through and center it permanetly. You now have the same crosshair like before these changes, it only looks better and has the same qualities like other texture crosshairs.