PDA

View Full Version : Poll:Pe2 Addon - Download, CD-Release or not buying it?

Abbuzze
04-29-2006, 11:37 AM

Abbuzze
04-29-2006, 11:37 AM

_VR_ScorpionWorm
04-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Even if we get a CD release(and thats a big if) it may only be after all three addon are released. I've voting for the last option.

Brain32
04-29-2006, 11:50 AM
I voted option two, and I'm really dissapointed nobody is even mentioning CD version, but he11, if everything else fails I will find some God da*n way to obtain it even though I don't have a credit card.
All in all, buying games via online download is something we better get used to, because IMO that is the future of software distribution and a logical step foward(or backward, depends on the POV)...

panther3485
04-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Same for me as for _VR_ScorpionWorm. No CD/DVD, no buy!

panther3485

heywooood
04-29-2006, 11:51 AM
I bought the d/l and I will buy the disc when and if it comes...I like both and I like to support good products produced by good, reputable companies, and while UBI might have let Oleg down on the PF box issue...they are the publisher.

Oleg will get my money whenever he has a product for sale. period.

bhunter2112
04-29-2006, 11:55 AM
patiently waiting for my no frills 3 addon DVD

mr.keith
04-29-2006, 12:02 PM
I'll buy it if a cd comes out,or a D/L version without all that boonty stuff on it.If not then thats about as far as I go with this game.

HelSqnProtos
04-29-2006, 12:32 PM
S~!

I would have been happy to buy it online - BUT NO BOONTY!!!

I will only take a clean install.

Dew-Claw
04-29-2006, 05:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HelSqnProtos:
S~!

I will only take a clean install. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No CD
No Buy
I move to much, teardown and set up to many times to not have everything safely available on CD's
and I really don't have the time, nor do I want to have to take the effort, or pay for my own materials and equipment to burn my own.

If I buy something I want to be able to see, or HOLD my purchase.
To much trouble to have to search for dl's and save a list of keys.
Give me a CD option or it's really not worth my time.

ImpStarDuece
04-29-2006, 06:17 PM
I bought it online.

First time I have EVER bought anything online as well.

Absolutely fine install, no problems here.

Boonty doesn't really bother me, as I have nothing to hide.

Backed it up to CD and my USB key, so now I have 2 copies of the thing.

T_O_A_D
04-29-2006, 06:19 PM
I went to buy it today, I have a 10 dollar off email coupon from the UBI store for my birthday this month. Tommorrow http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

But since the download is in the UK it won't accept the coupon.

So I guess I'll be forced to pay full price, Coupon expires toninght. You would think the coupon would be good for any UBI store???

|CoB|_Spectre
04-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Did you explain to them that you're a, as your avatar says, "Ubizoo" moderator and are entitled to all the rights, priviledges and responsibilities pertaining thereto?

Hashmark13
04-29-2006, 07:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HelSqnProtos:
S~!

I will only take a clean install. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. I like Oleg games, but not Ubi's crappy publishing. I may buy it anyway just to support oleg.

maximowitz
04-30-2006, 12:31 AM
I bought PE 2 add on two days ago and link Ubi sent me to download (BOONTYBOX) looks to be dead ! Also i have to say is very hard to contact them directly to have some help.
I think i've lost my money now.

Dear Ubi , NO MORE online purchase, OK ??
Old postal service still works better !!

Popey109
04-30-2006, 09:20 AM
Poll asked the wrong ?????...How many people would DL if Boonty wasnt part of it... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Popey109
04-30-2006, 09:32 AM
In other words, it's not the product! it's not the price!...It's the **** UBI sliped in behinde Ologs back http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif I want the the addon...just give me a clean install I dont have to monkey with (regedit change exe. memery crashes miss placed files) and I'll be a happy Consumer http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif and you (UBI) will be richer for it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

jasonbirder
04-30-2006, 10:03 AM
A few thoughts...given that it wasn't considered cost effective to release this as a CD version at this point...what on earth wil happen to make it worthwhile releasing a CD version of it in the future...when most of the potential purchasers will already have it!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If I buy something I want to be able to see, or HOLD my purchase </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yeah...thats right i'd only ever buy something I can see or touch...apart from Insurance, Anti-virus subscriptions, Dental Cover, A Warrebty on my new washing machine, music downloads etc etc

LEBillfish
04-30-2006, 10:15 AM
This is SOoOOoOOOOoOoOooOooOooOOOoooooo stupid.....

Want to make a "real" poll of value, ask this;

1. Who no matter if online or through a store you walk into would buy PE2 with a credit card, debit card, personal or company check, or allow themselves to be billed for it?....

2. Who here will only buy PE2 if from a store where they don't know you with cash only and never play PE2 online or infact more so never install it on a PC that goes online?.....

CD in hand is a mute point as once you have it either way you can burn it to disk.....The current cost of it alone easily compensates for that as if it was packaged for you it would be easily $5-15 more.

Popey109
04-30-2006, 10:33 AM
LeBillfish is right....infact, I remember a poll asking for a DL option for these addons and it was supported by a larg margin http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif DL is fine...I just think Boonty is a...bit bugy! I'll wait for the coming week and see if ubi can fix a few things first http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif I dont need any help mucking up my regestry http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif or trying to debug\swap exe. in a 20 step program to play my games http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/touche.gif

Stigler_9_JG52
04-30-2006, 12:36 PM
Billfish, you're missing an entirely different "choice":

Who would buy the add-on online if the process didn't involve Boonty Box (e.g., a seemingly trustworthy, non-invasive install process)? That is, a straight-up install executable file with no need to install any other software)?

Most of us who are leery of this BBox thing don't necessarily have an aversion to buying things online; I myself do it all the time. What I do have an aversion to is UNNECESSARY software grafted onto the purchase and/or install process that appears to have ulterior corporate marketing motives.

waffen-79
04-30-2006, 12:39 PM
Last Option, all the way

Sintubin
04-30-2006, 01:31 PM
I voted the last option

No cd/dvd no money that myne pov

Dew-Claw
04-30-2006, 01:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yeah...thats right i'd only ever buy something I can see or touch...apart from Insurance, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I buy my Insurance from someone I know..someone in a brick and morter Office whom I can look at face to face.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Anti-virus subscriptions, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>My CD which I CAN hold in my hand comes with pre paid subscription in the price.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Dental Cover, </div></BLOCKQUOTE> see above Insurance reply.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> A Warrebty on my new washing machine, </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Comes with a warentee, if your buying extended you fell for a scam.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> music downloads </div></BLOCKQUOTE> don't even bother with it for the same reason
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> etc etc </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ect ect ect.....

jasonbirder
04-30-2006, 02:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I buy my Insurance from someone I know..someone in a brick and morter Office whom I can look at face to face </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry to disappoint you my friend...BUT NO YOU DON`T. He's just a broker...he just passes your money onto a big faceless insurance company...like you could do yourself over the internet....only he takes a cut for himself and passes the cost of it onto you...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My CD which I CAN hold in my hand comes with pre paid subscription in the price </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mmmmm....I'm REALLY not sure of the logic here...so you're pay out some money for a CD initially....and some money for downloaded upgrades which you need to stay current...Well I can sure see why you wouldn't want to buy a game CD, then pay extra to download the latest version to stay current http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Can't be bothered to go any further....but there can surely be very few people here who live their lives, paying cash for all their purchases, never purchasing on line and unhappy to pay s/$s for services or intangibles...this is the 21st Century isn't it!

F19_Orheim
04-30-2006, 03:15 PM
well I what can I say, You miss out guys.. have fun with no new patches or planes ever....

LEBillfish
04-30-2006, 03:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stigler_9_JG52:

Who would buy the add-on online if the process didn't involve Boonty Box (e.g., a seemingly trustworthy, non-invasive install process)? That is, a straight-up install executable file with no need to install any other software)?

Most of us who are leery of this BBox thing don't necessarily have an aversion to buying things online; I myself do it all the time. What I do have an aversion to is UNNECESSARY software grafted onto the purchase and/or install process that appears to have ulterior corporate marketing motives. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is BS.....and I did indeed as option 2 is that version.....Option 1 being the same or actually much worse the BoontyBox.....As if you don't do option 2....It doesn't matter at that point.

masaker2005
04-30-2006, 03:58 PM
Last option.

Stigler_9_JG52
04-30-2006, 04:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LEBillfish:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stigler_9_JG52:

Most of us who are leery of this BBox thing don't necessarily have an aversion to buying things online; I myself do it all the time. What I do have an aversion to is UNNECESSARY software grafted onto the purchase and/or install process that appears to have ulterior corporate marketing motives. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is BS.....and I did indeed as option 2 is that version.....Option 1 being the same or actually much worse the BoontyBox.....As if you don't do option 2....It doesn't matter at that point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, Billfish, your option 2 says that if a CD isn't released, you'll just hold your nose and download it (which implies submitting to BB).

Holding out for a "mineware-free" download should be an option. It's somewhat similar to your option 3, but separates those who care about the "internet commerce/trust issue" from those who care about the "datamining" issue.

There is a HUGE difference between those two camps, innit?

panther3485
04-30-2006, 09:13 PM
When the original IL-2 came out, I purchased it eagerly and walked out of the store with CD-ROM in box with manual - just the way I like it!

The same happened when FB was released.

Then, same with AEP

Then, same again with PF

Shortly, I'll be buying the whole shebang on DVD - again, 'hard copy' from my local gaming store.

Not to mention all the other games/sims I've ever purchased.

[Yeah, yeah - I know - I'm a hopeless addict!]

The only stuff I've ever downloaded being patches and free mods/add-ons. Never paid for a download yet......

So this business of 'if I pay for it, I get a CD/DVD but if it's downloaded it's free' has become sort of a comfort zone for humble self.

To purchase online would therefore be a change of habit; a change I could adjust to but...

There must be a few more punters out there (especially if they're old farts like me), who haven't yet made such an online purchase and are 'so-so' about the idea. We might warm more easily to the concept if we knew it would be hassle-free and straightforward.

Some of the hassles that members here have reported experiencing do little to inspire confidence in what is, for me, a 'new' process.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Just a thought.

Best regards,
panther3485

Interminate
04-30-2006, 11:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LEBillfish:

That is BS.....and I did indeed as option 2 is that version.....Option 1 being the same or actually much worse the BoontyBox.....As if you don't do option 2....It doesn't matter at that point. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, Billfish, your option 2 says that if a CD isn't released, you'll just hold your nose and download it (which implies submitting to BB).

Holding out for a "mineware-free" download should be an option. It's somewhat similar to your option 3, but separates those who care about the "internet commerce/trust issue" from those who care about the "datamining" issue.

There is a HUGE difference between those two camps, innit? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good Points. Come to think of it, they should just give this one plane and a few missions for free. I've bought every part of the series and have invested enough in add ons. Well worth it. But PE2 is just a nice fat patch.

Vote 3. And I agree with Stigler.

MOH_Hirth
04-30-2006, 11:59 PM
I download and have a litle pain of head, thath advise:You must have full game...
But was a problem in my computer, i reinstall and now is work fine and now is better, too much noise for few...
Is very important suport Oleg and Team now, not only Pe-2 is a great addon but show auor gratitude for a lot free pachts he give us and garantee investment in the next work(BOB and pachts).

WTE_Galway
05-01-2006, 12:42 AM
would buy it immediately if it would work on my offline games box .. but it doesnt .. so I will just have to forget it

Abbuzze
05-01-2006, 02:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jasonbirder:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I buy my Insurance from someone I know..someone in a brick and morter Office whom I can look at face to face </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry to disappoint you my friend...BUT NO YOU DON`T. He's just a broker...he just passes your money onto a big faceless insurance company...like you could do yourself over the internet....only he takes a cut for himself and passes the cost of it onto you...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That the way all the things you buy go! Do you believe your car dealer build you car in his garage? But you forget for the cost he passes to you you get some service. If you have an accident or something. Just phone him give him a few informations and he will write the letter instead of you. He is also interested to hold you as a custumer, so he will not write any stupid stuff in the letter, which could happend if you/I would write such a latter to an insurance.
The same is for the CD. You have a shop were you can go and bring it back, if the software don´t run at your PC. I´m interested in UBI´s behavior if you will try this with a download.

WOODY01
05-01-2006, 02:35 AM
Sorry, Ill wait for a disk, if no disk, then Ive already got a fantastic series with the Aircraft I enjoy flying.

Interesting to note though, looks like it would work out to a little over $20NZ for the download (x 3 in the end = $60-70), but I would gladly pay full game price for all three on disk, like I have already for all the IL-2 series releases.

Abbuzze
05-05-2006, 12:03 AM
bump

HQ1
05-05-2006, 09:35 AM
I think download is a good distribution method. especially for our chinese user. players in everywhere of the world can get it at same time without being afraid of the local released time any more. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Abbuzze
05-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Numbers of votes are still rising, so another -bump.

F19_Orheim
05-05-2006, 10:34 PM
omg, I thought this drama was over... what is really the point? This has been dragged on too long, you guys know there are very simple ways to get a clean installation, it's all over the place. Now buy the fr***ng thing or don't, but don't be such dramaquees, there will NOT be a CD -end of story. We are lucky we are getting the addons at all in the "west". Download is really the only option.... Simple choice: Download purchase or don't download.

Abbuzze, you can stop bumping this dead horse, no point really anymore. Either you haven't read the 100000000 threads in here, with the exact same arguments, or with the exact same "vote", or you just want some attention from the rest of the soap loving crowd.

And for those of you who "can't make it work" or your rig , you obviously haven't read a thing in here, the ONLY difference between 4.04 and 4.05 is a few files which are replaced and a few files that are added, exactly the same way all the other "patches" has been made. Now this booty box thingy was maybe not the "best "choice" UBI could have made, escpecially as the install file from Booty won't run on Me or 98. I understand why UBI would use such a program, but what I cannot understand is why they use a incompetent "shell" and do not inform in the store page that ot will not run on named OP's.

For those of you who have Me or 98 who can't get the installfiles to run, you should get a link to a "unbootyfied" installfile (hell its easy, just a zipfile with the new files without any exe files, just the SFS files, the missions and the skins), as long as you can prove your purchase.

But face it. there will not be a CD....

As far as I can see, the ONLY relevant issue now about this whole "PE" affair, is a thread that concerns ME and Win98 users. The rest of the crowd who has 2000 or XP; download or don't.. end of story.

WTE_Googly
05-06-2006, 04:40 AM
Last option.

I am fine with paying for this addon. Don't particularly want to use my credit card but hey, lots of people seem to use them online with no troubles.

I just don't want to have to download it. I am far from a computer boffin, computers don't like me very much, and the chances are I will screw up the install and waste $20.

Would really like to support Oleg and his bunch,
please bring out a cd with this on!

F19 - people who feel like some of us do (see the results of the poll if you don't believe that there are people who dare to think differently to you) will get nowhere if we don't let our opinions be known.

mr.keith
05-06-2006, 04:54 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif I totally agree with you Googly, for I too cannot claim to be any good with computers,and even the the fixes (provided by kind people here) scare the cr*p out of me.I'd be lost after stage 7 or so.

Abbuzze
05-06-2006, 09:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F19_Orheim:

Abbuzze, you can stop bumping this dead horse, no point really anymore. Either you haven't read the 100000000 threads in here, with the exact same arguments, or with the exact same "vote", or you just want some attention from the rest of the soap loving crowd. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I´m sorry, didn´t know that someone is behind you with a gun and force you to read threads you don´t like, there are still people which voting so what is your problem?

If you don´t like this thread- Don´t read it!!!

F19_Orheim
05-06-2006, 01:21 PM
sorry mate, owe u an apology... just this... hysteria the last week gets to me.

Snuffy Smith
05-06-2006, 02:41 PM
I am sorry. I want to buy this very much, and I want to support IL2 completely, but I've learned from bitter experience with various applications that not having a basic install disk is a real mistake, and a major headache for the future. I will not purchase a computer without install disks for the software installed on it. Those install disks are valuable and essential to any reinstall or replacement if there's a problem, or you get new hardware.

AVG_WarHawk
05-06-2006, 03:19 PM
If this poll is anywhere close to accurate, Oleg & Ubi have lost out on one h3ll of allot of sells. It appears well over 50% of potential customers have held-out, meaning the future add-ons sales will be hurt drastically. This has got to have Oleg & associates worried.

The combination of boonty, downloadable only,& not marketing Pe-2 in N. America sealed its fate.

Dew-Claw
05-06-2006, 03:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jasonbirder:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My CD which I CAN hold in my hand comes with pre paid subscription in the price </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mmmmm....I'm REALLY not sure of the logic here...so you're pay out some money for a CD initially....and some money for downloaded upgrades which you need to stay current...Well I can sure see why you wouldn't want to buy a game CD, then pay extra to download the latest version to stay current http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Can't be bothered to go any further....but there can surely be very few people here who live their lives, paying cash for all their purchases, never purchasing on line and unhappy to pay s/$s for services or intangibles...this is the 21st Century isn't it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yup your right I use a broker..
but its a broker who has to sit in the room with me when they screw up. not someone in another state or country who could care less about me or the problems they caused.
and virus defs DON"T have an invasive installation process.

Excuse me if I'm skeptical but I've already had 1 cheating company rip me of over $100,000 and another who is now facing a very LARGE lawsuit for attempting to cheat me again.
by Large I mean enough to buy a country
and they can afford it...and are going to lose.
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
So as you can see I won't buy from anyone whos neck I can't get my fingers around when they think they are smarter then me and need to seperate me from my cash in the lowest way possible.
I trust no one and assume if given the chance, most people will steal if they think they can get away with it.

Abbuzze
05-07-2006, 06:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F19_Orheim:
sorry mate, owe u an apology... just this... hysteria the last week gets to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same from my side, my answer was not as polite as it should be. And you are right, the hysteria was terrible, I didn´t read most of this threads http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

djetz
05-07-2006, 08:41 AM

As far as I can see, the ONLY relevant issue now about this whole "PE" affair, is a thread that concerns ME and Win98 users. The rest of the crowd who has 2000 or XP; download or don't.. end of story. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a pity you can't see as far as the people like me who don't have broadband connections. I could pay for the damn thing, but I can't download it. Not everyone has a broadband connection, in plenty of places it's still too expensive or simply unavailable.

F19_Orheim
05-07-2006, 09:23 AM
Djetz, hot did you download the patches?

pilotpimpf
05-07-2006, 09:54 AM
I didnt download the patche as I have only dial up so I wait until the mag I get [PC Pilot] includes them on a free cd.

Likewise because of this I voted for the last option and it seems silly to release the whole series including the patches on a compilation disc and then keep issuing even more pathches or updates.
Rather defeats the object.

djetz
05-07-2006, 10:25 AM
Djetz, how did you download the patches? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't - I asked politely on the forum and offered to pay the costs of burning a CD and posting it to me. Several excellent people offered their help.

Since this is a paid add-on, asking for the same thing now would get me banned very swiftly indeed.

Retrofit
05-07-2006, 06:24 PM
I bought it on-line. I didn't have a problem, but it sure was sneaky of Ubisoft to throw that in.

Interminate
05-09-2006, 10:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HQ1:
I think download is a good distribution method. especially for our chinese user. players in everywhere of the world can get it at same time without being afraid of the local released time any more. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hellooooo! The two forms of distribution are not mutually exclusive. But it definitely needs to be both forms of distribution, especially in a major market such as the us.

Interminate
05-09-2006, 10:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Retrofit:
I bought it on-line. I didn't have a problem, but it sure was sneaky of Ubisoft to throw that in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it really was. I mean the whole freakin's and addons is on disk and now this.