PDA

View Full Version : >>> CLOUDS setting <<<

TheGozr
12-06-2004, 01:57 AM
You want to see better your ennemy and find them easly get your clouds settings to medium for the online players.
You want to see better like those AI?. super xray vison ? this is it.

We need for the server side a command to block this setting at will.

Diablo310th
12-06-2004, 06:47 AM
I agree Gozr.

TgD Thunderbolt56
12-06-2004, 06:56 AM
ditto...

Sometimes people can get lucky, but I fly into clouds to try to escape and rarely fly as aggressively when in them. I have to suspiciously wonder when there are a few guys who consistently can get solid strikes through clouds when noone else can.

Having this as a client side variable is borderline cheating IMO. Resolution is one thing, but cloud detail should be static on the server side.

TB

Abbuzze
12-06-2004, 08:17 AM
AAhhhm guys, there are two settings for the host, clouds on/off, if they are off, there are NO clouds at the server! If they are on, YOU decide how big they are, medium are the small clouds, if you use the big ones, it is simply your problem!!

You will see the clouds early then other players, but if you see yourself allready in the clouds you are still outside for another player, who is using medium clouds...

Big clouds need performance, so the idea to force all others to use them too, is simply not good for all of us with medicore PC systems!

There are a simple and easy solution for you and all of us, if you play online- set the clouds to medium!

VW-IceFire
12-06-2004, 08:23 AM
Do the clouds really have an impact on system performance? I remember the IL2 Demo and my Pentium 3 with a GTS being able to handle the top cloud setting (back then anyways) with zero troubles.

I run with full clouds. I prefer the eye candy element. Even if it means that others are able to see me when I think they should not.

Diablo310th
12-06-2004, 10:59 AM
I turn my clouds to Detailed because I want to see where the clouds are before I am on top of them. This Med. setting however puts me at a disadvantage and I will changing mine tonight to Med. I wondered teh other night how I was getting blasted so thoroughly in a cloud. I had forgotten about this.

wojtek_m
12-06-2004, 01:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Diablo310th:
I wondered teh other night how I was getting blasted so thoroughly in a cloud. I had forgotten about this. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are wrong here. Clouds=1 just decreases the visibility distance for clouds, so you can't get blasted in a cloud unless it is from 5000m or something...

DarkCanuck420
12-06-2004, 01:28 PM
In the air you have no cover in the sence of a foxhole. however, clouds the sun and terrain are your only cover. By changing graphical settings should not give the players an advantage. This is a client side problem that a patch should come out for. Higher end computers shouldn't be disadvantaged for wanting higher graphics.
This reminds me of cs when i played long ago, the ability to turn off smoke, and the abaility to prevent flash grenades from having an effect. The servers didnt fix this problem, the client side patch did.