PDA

View Full Version : Question about delivery (Play.com UK)

cobrad8472
03-13-2005, 03:46 PM
Hello!

I've never really online shopped before, and i have a question;

I ordered my copy of SHIII on play.com UK and they say my copy will be delivered in 3-5 normal working days, although do they send the copies on the 18th or before, as if i would have preordered?

I really don't want to wait a week more than nececary for the.. what? 7 pounds?

And is it also too late to PRE-order from UBI? will it arrive on the 18th if I order from there now?

Thanks in advance,

Cobra

PS: No immature childish replies as i got in my last topic please..

alarmer
03-13-2005, 03:48 PM
Hello

Play.com is pretty fast, atleast has always been for me. From Uk to Finland it has taken everytime 3 days, mostly ordered DVD from that shop.

Pre-ordering is indeed too late at this point, but Play.com is quick shop in my mind.

cobrad8472
03-13-2005, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the speedy reply! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Is it 3 days from release date?

Thanks.

alarmer
03-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Yes I believe so. In my mind Play.com doesnt ship before release, then again feel free to correct me if Iam wrong http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Nieldo
03-13-2005, 04:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Dear James,

Thank you for your recent order.

Whilst we do endeavour to dispatch pre-orders so that they are received on the date of release, unfortunately we cannot avoid occasional delays passed on from our suppliers.

However, it is also very possible that we will receive stock early, in which case orders may be received by you ahead of the scheduled date of release.

You will not be charged for this item until the time of shipping. You still have the option to cancel the order by logging into your account and pressing the cancel button next to the item in your outstanding orders.

We hope that this information answers your query, please do not hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions.

Kind regards

Play <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was asking about there delivery stuff, you might find it intresting.

ScouseAir
03-13-2005, 04:37 PM
Games in the UK are always scheduled for release on a Friday, so officially we have to wait until the 18th. I have used play many times and only once had a game very late. Rome:Total War took over a week. All the others arrived on the Friday or Saturday....except LOMAC, which arrived on the Thursday. You can usualy tell by checking the games page during the prior week. Hearts of Iron 2 I noticed, was in stock on the Tuesday, so that might have been posted earlier. But whatever, they usually get it on or shortly after the release date. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an early shipping. :-)

Shado2k2
03-14-2005, 01:18 AM
I phoned up Play.com on Fri last 11th to ask them if they had it in stock to which they answered yes, i then got a bit cheeky and asked them if i could pick it up from their warehouse as it's only 5 minutes down the road from me, No was the firm answer nevermind worth a try I thought.
My card hasnt been charged for it yet have any of yours??