PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to be worried about the horse?

SupaX
07-19-2010, 01:21 PM
You know when you ride the horses and you bump into someone the guards get alerted or when you bump into them. They will attack you. Which makes it hard to ride in the city with out being alerted.

So how big will the streets be for Rome? You can't just ride and bump into people like in Jerusalem.

Blazeeee360
07-19-2010, 01:31 PM
maybe you WON'T be able to ride the horse in Rome, who knows?

magesupermaster
07-19-2010, 01:35 PM
If you want to be careful, you can ride the horse slowly without bumping into people or guards.

But... if you want to be reckless and have fun, you can run over people and guards while slicing the people and guards you didn't manage to run over. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I'll be reckless, I'll run over people and guards and I'll slice guards all while pointing at the screen and laughing. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Murcuseo
07-19-2010, 01:37 PM
I'd imagine there will be thoroughfares you can use for fast traveling on horseback but if the street is thinner and there are a lot of people around going slower would be the obvious option. In the SP walkthrough at the Villa you seem to be able to control your steed fairly well at a cantar and people tend to move out your way if you maneuver the right way and give them a chance.

I'm not that worried to be honest, they've no doubt put it through extensive testing!

masterfenix2009
07-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by Blazeeee360:

in the e3 trailer it says u will

John21172117
07-19-2010, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by assassino151:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blazeeee360:

in the e3 trailer it says u will </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well in the E3 trailer they just show the Villa and when Ezio used the horse all the corridors were empty and without people.
My guess is that they'll make bigger corridors in Rome and more open areas in the game.

EzioAssassin51
07-20-2010, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by John21172117:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blazeeee360:

in the e3 trailer it says u will </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well in the E3 trailer they just show the Villa and when Ezio used the horse all the corridors were empty and without people.
My guess is that they'll make bigger corridors in Rome and more open areas in the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean alleyways?

Yeah i'm sure people will be able to move out of the way this time because you will definately have to be able to run at full speed because of the distance between some places!

@Blazeeee - No offence but i lol'd at your post

Ru1986
07-20-2010, 03:47 AM
I reckon there will be restrictions i.e. roads and routes you can follow on the horse you wont be able to go everywere and if it means riding it slowly just ride it slowly. You dont have to be reckless 24/7

KZarr
07-20-2010, 04:16 AM
The only thing that worries me about the horses is how bad the animation is. Compare horse animations in Red Dead Redemption: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2nz2pdY4bU and now look at the ones in AC

EzioAssassin51
07-20-2010, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by KZarr:
The only thing that worries me about the horses is how bad the animation is. Compare horse animations in Red Dead Redemption: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2nz2pdY4bU and now look at the ones in AC

Don't forget that was just the demo!

They will obviously improve the animations by the final version to make it look so much better!

Mr_Shade
07-20-2010, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by EzioAssassin51:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KZarr:

Don't forget that was just the demo!

They will obviously improve the animations by the final version to make it look so much better! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm sure it will look OK in the final version..

Having said that - Red Dead has some of THE best horse animations I have seen to date..

So it's a tough horse to follow... [lol]!

Maybe the ACB guys can sneak in and steal the code for the animations?

El_Sjietah
07-20-2010, 05:13 AM
It's no shame to only be runner up to a game that strongly focusses on horses. In AC it's more of a nice gimmick.

tyrce111
07-20-2010, 05:37 AM
WHO CARES!!!!!OMG!!!!
You run over a couple of italians???
Its not as if they care about their artifitial feelings!!!
If you run over some guards you'll be to far away for them to give a crap!!!

They have probably built in a system where you ride past some guards realy fast or you run into them and theyll say stuff like...

TAME YOUR BEAST [edit: remember the forum is G rated - no swearing please] !!!

Murcuseo
07-20-2010, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by tyrce111:
WHO CARES!!!!!OMG!!!!
You run over a couple of italians???
Its not as if they care about their artifitial feelings!!!
If you run over some guards you'll be to far away for them to give a crap!!!

They have probably built in a system where you ride past some guards realy fast or you run into them and theyll say stuff like...

TAME YOUR BEAST [edit: remember the forum is G rated - no swearing please] !!!

lol careful you don't burst a blood vessel there chief...

I think people are more worried about the realism than hurting the NPCs feelings http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Ru1986
07-20-2010, 06:06 AM
I agree as i almost always do on here with my Dutch friend El_Sjietah. In AC the horse is just a nice lil addition so im not bothered if its not perfect. Coming from the city you only horses i se are big police ones and are usually associated with fear because the Met are not nice people for anyone who doesn't know. So if i am honest i hate horses. In Red Dead the main mode of trasnport is horse so the system will be expectadly better if you get my meaning.

DJBare
07-20-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by tyrce111:
WHO CARES!!!!!OMG!!!! Actually some of us do, depending on how we role play our characters, if my character is going to be beligerant and uncaring then the NPCs in the street best get out the way, if on the other hand my character is going to be the concerned type then he will need an option to get passed those NPCs without harming them.

It's really not caring about pixel poly characters, it's caring about how you role play the character.

D00CH
07-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by DJBare:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tyrce111:
WHO CARES!!!!!OMG!!!! Actually some of us do, depending on how we role play our characters, if my character is going to be beligerant and uncaring then the NPCs in the street best get out the way, if on the other hand my character is going to be the concerned type then he will need an option to get passed those NPCs without harming them.

It's really not caring about pixel poly characters, it's caring about how you role play the character. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Finally, a REAL post... this is what this whole thread is about... not about people caring about artificial feelings in a video game.

Hitman_H94
07-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Main thing I'm worried about is how zoomed in we are going to be, from the demo I didnt like where the camera angle was

austin128
07-20-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by Hitman_H94:
Main thing I'm worried about is how zoomed in we are going to be, from the demo I didnt like where the camera angle was
Agreed.

austin128
07-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by magesupermaster:
If you want to be careful, you can ride the horse slowly without bumping into people or guards.

But... if you want to be reckless and have fun, you can run over people and guards while slicing the people and guards you didn't manage to run over. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I'll be reckless, I'll run over people and guards and I'll slice guards all while pointing at the screen and laughing. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif
I hope you can kill people after you beat the game.

Vey03
07-21-2010, 08:17 AM
Well, i ride and own horses, so i thought i might speak up.

Honestly, the horse animation in AC is pretty good. My only critisism is that the back half looks a bit like a camel, especially when when the horse trots. But other than that, they've done very well. And i love how Ezio nudges the horse with his legs when he wants to go faster, and mounts and dismounts correctly (gets on and off). Without getting too technical about horse riding, it's pretty good.

And that video of that Red Dead horse isn't that great if i'm honest. The length of stride is too short. I prefer the AC animation.

The only other thing that bugs me is that in real life horses don't neigh every single time they move. But that happens in every single movie, and so i've learnt to deal with it.

As far as riding through the city, the only thing standing in the way (quite literally) is the people. Because if you ride straight through them at a gallop, your horse can fall over. So i would love for them to get out of your way when they see you coming towards them, because you can't shove them like when you're running.

DJBare
07-21-2010, 01:14 PM
I know an animation I'd like to see while riding a horse, thats the ability for the rider to kick out at the enemy.

austin128
07-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Mouse03:
As far as riding through the city, the only thing standing in the way (quite literally) is the people. Because if you ride straight through them at a gallop, your horse can fall over. So i would love for them to get out of your way when they see you coming towards them, because you can't shove them like when you're running.
Cheat code idea! Invincible horse.

austin128
07-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by DJBare:
I know an animation I'd like to see while riding a horse, thats the ability for the rider to kick out at the enemy.
Yeah that sounds cool to me. More horse combat in general would be cool to me. Making it easier to assassinate from a horse, more complex combat on a horse, etc. Do y'all agree?

El_Sjietah
07-21-2010, 02:17 PM
ACB will have more advanced horse combat. How much of an improvement it will be is yet to be seen though.

austin128
07-21-2010, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
ACB will have more advanced horse combat. How much of an improvement it will be is yet to be seen though.
Oh yeah they said that. It passed my mind. What are some ideas on how to make it better?

El_Sjietah
07-21-2010, 03:27 PM
Horse to ground assassinations for one. Horse vs horse combat for another.

austin128
07-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Horse to ground assassinations for one. Horse vs horse combat for another.
I was thinking those too. Maybe with swordplay on horse, and any other kind of combat, they'll have a sort of enter and exit combat, so at the press of a button it'll transition like combat and running away on land.