PDA

View Full Version : Bigger screen, slower game...Why.....

npatten
04-30-2011, 07:21 AM
I had an old Prolink 19" screen before and my Assassin's creed game was running very fluid and fast...But today, I've changed it for a 23 inch Dell Flat screen...I thought the experience would be better, but unfortunately not quite....The game spread on a bigger surface of course and the resolution is better, but the game is much slower....The assassin does not move as fast...It a bit like watching a slow motion film....Anyone can tell me why this happens and what I can do for this issue!!

KingDaniel0
04-30-2011, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by npatten:
I had an old Prolink 19" screen before and my Assassin's creed game was running very fluid and fast...But today, I've changed it for a 23 inch Dell Flat screen...I thought the experience would be better, but unfortunately not quite....The game spread on a bigger surface of course and the resolution is better, but the game is much slower....The assassin does not move as fast...It a bit like watching a slow motion film....Anyone can tell me why this happens and what I can do for this issue!!

What is the current Desktop Resolution Mode on your 23-inch Monitor ? Usually, the higher the Screen RES, the lower can be the in-game performance/FPS, unless you drop some High-end Video/Graphic settings.

But this also depends on which Video Card/GPU you are using, and your other PC specs. If the Video card is powerful enough, having enough RAM, then you shouldn't face any kind of serious in-game Lag. But if you are facing a Lag, on High Screen Resolution, then maybe your GPU/PC is not able to handle the extra load.....

Is there an FPS drop after playing the Game on your New Monitor ? Does the Game run better, if you lower down some Settings like MultiSampling, AA, Shadows and VSync, without changing the current in-game Screen Resolution/Refresh rate ?

What was the previous Screen Resolution on your 19-inch Monitor ? Btw, which Game are you talking about here, AC1/AC2 or Brotherhood ? And which Video Card do you have ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

monkeyuncle8
04-30-2011, 08:40 AM
the resolution is higher and your computer is having trouble handling it, you can either lower the resolution or get a new cpu or gpu

Mr_Shade
04-30-2011, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by monkeyuncle8:
the resolution is higher and your computer is having trouble handling it, you can either lower the resolution or get a new cpu or gpu Indeed - that sounds the most likely cause. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I will move the thread to the PC forum though - see if anyone offers more advice.

Michaeljcox24
05-01-2011, 01:34 AM
Yup. When I changed from a 22" to a 27" monitor I noticed a massive performance hit going from 1650 to 1920.

You need a very fast cpu and high end card to run this game at high resolutions with decent settings. Unfortunately there's no benchmark available which would be of great use to us all.