kriegerdesgottes
09-28-2011, 10:52 AM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/119/1196964p1.html

kriegerdesgottes
09-28-2011, 10:56 AM
Yay! the cape is back!

PirateRob
09-28-2011, 11:04 AM
pretty cool bit of information i guess. a bit disappointed that it wasnt story information but still more and more excited for revelations with every bit of information released http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

kriegerdesgottes
09-28-2011, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by PirateRob:
pretty cool bit of information i guess. a bit disappointed that it wasnt story information but still more and more excited for revelations with every bit of information released http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

There are still SP gameplay moments so I couldn't be happier http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif.

POP1Fan
09-28-2011, 11:17 AM
We still have dual hidden blade http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/inlove.gif
I am starting to love this game more that i already do !!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

Dvergen88
09-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Finally we can cut off some bodyparts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif watch the first trailer again ;-) the guards arm.....

Jexx21
09-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Did I see guns? Do we get full out rifles now? Or are those just for the guards?

Will_Lucky
09-28-2011, 11:23 AM
So, the Hookblade does more or less replace the Dual Hidden Blade, I thought it did but this seems to confirm it.

Jexx21
09-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Will_Lucky:
So, the Hookblade does more or less replace the Dual Hidden Blade, I thought it did but this seems to confirm it.

It doesn't really. It's just a mechanism add-on, not a modification.

It seems my initial theory was correct about it. When the blade pops out it comes with the hook at the tip of the blade, but when there is enough force used it can go back down to the bottom. So double assassinations are still possible.

ShaneO7K
09-28-2011, 11:30 AM
I don't want to start this whole discussion again but at 0:08 does his face look a tiny bit differen't from last weeks trailers?

Anyway looking awesome, and I noticed that cape at a part but it was on both shoulders and it was probably only on for this part in the game or it is something buyable.

kriegerdesgottes
09-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Dvergen88:
Finally we can cut off some bodyparts http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif watch the first trailer again ;-) the guards arm.....

Where do you see that? I saw a helmet fall off and some swords fall to the ground but I don't see any missing limbs.

Anyway looking awesome, and I noticed that cape at a part but it was on both shoulders and it was probably only on for this part in the game or it is something buyable.

There are two shots of him with the cape in the first trailer and I think it is just something you can buy if you want. And I will. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Jexx21
09-28-2011, 11:36 AM
That's a back cape, like La Volpe's.

..huh.

BK-110
09-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:

..huh.

Yup, and it looks to me like Ezio will wear it when he's in Cappadocia. That is of course only judging from the two short clips in which we saw it.

sticks165
09-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by Dvergen88:
nope

twenty_glyphs
09-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by BK-110:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

..huh.

Yup, and it looks to me like Ezio will wear it when he's in Cappadocia. That is of course only judging from the two short clips in which we saw it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, it looks like something Ezio will wear in Cappadocia to try to disguise himself while he's in the Templar city. I think it's a cool touch for that part of the story. Wonder if we'll be able to equip or unequip it on our own later on.

kriegerdesgottes
09-28-2011, 12:22 PM
hmm the hoodie on the cape is different from his regular one since it's all once piece. It shows up three times in the video at 00.11, 00.17 and 00.20 and they all look like Cappadocia. I think the cape looks awesome though and I really hope it's something that can be equipped and unequipped.

CRUDFACE
09-28-2011, 12:25 PM
NOOOO, THE CAPE IS BACK! Wait...he's wearing it on both shoulders? And sometimes he's not wearing one...maybe it really is an on or off function to it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Will_Lucky:

It doesn't really. It's just a mechanism add-on, not a modification.

It seems my initial theory was correct about it. When the blade pops out it comes with the hook at the tip of the blade, but when there is enough force used it can go back down to the bottom. So double assassinations are still possible. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, we already knew from the trailers and gameplay from before that double assassinations were possible, and yeah, totally behind you about the hook being on a slider. On the covers of magazines, the hook blade always looks attached to the hidden blade.

Edit: just saw the hookblade trailer! Yeah, I'm loving yusuf, his character design, his voice...and the video ain't bad. I'm finally starting to build up some hype for this game!

You know, I'm wondering if they will have dev diaries since it seems Yusuf seems to have his own series on the games improvements

Grandmaster_Z
09-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Apezio

ShaneO7K
09-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
Apezio

Indeed...indeed.

Brunadas
09-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Can Ezio now wield rifles?That would be pretty cool!

Dralight
09-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Glad to be finally seeing a good stream of new information and gameplay being released. The last 2 weeks have been great for new videos/trailers.
This game just keeps looking better and better!

Grandmaster_Z
09-28-2011, 12:38 PM
he can wield bananas

Altair661
09-28-2011, 12:39 PM
I like them coming out with more awesome stuff like this (kudos to you IGN) however I want more story! But I also don't want too much! Maybe just something from Gabe or Amancio or a trailer that will drive us insane with theories until we finally get the game and play the crap out of it.

CRUDFACE
09-28-2011, 12:40 PM
@Altair661: Yeah, I feel the same way

Originally posted by Brunadas:
Can Ezio now wield rifles?That would be pretty cool!

I don't think so, they're bringing the crossbow back though with a new design on it.

kriegerdesgottes
09-28-2011, 12:43 PM
Yeah I'm glad the SP stuff is finally starting to surface. It looks like IGN is getting all the good stuff first this year. I have a feeling these might actually be replacing the developer diaries.

CRUDFACE
09-28-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Yeah I'm glad the SP stuff is finally starting to surface. It looks like IGN is getting all the good stuff first this year. I have a feeling these might actually be replacing the developer diaries.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I wish Yusuf's vids were at least 2 minutes over just one, but it was really good.

I can't wait till they get to the video concerning the Assassin Recruits.

Altair661
09-28-2011, 12:54 PM

I had the same feeling when it said "to be continued" on the hookblade one. I guess this is going to be a way to try and show new gameplay features? I actually enjoyed the Devs. Diary. But I'd take both as well.

kriegerdesgottes
09-28-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Altair661:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

I had the same feeling when it said "to be continued" on the hookblade one. I guess this is going to be a way to try and show new gameplay features? I actually enjoyed the Devs. Diary. But I'd take both as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same here. I actually kind of prefer these just because it's all gameplay shots and no Ubisoft employees standing in a church with hoodies on lol. I do like the developer diaries a lot though.

ProletariatPleb
09-28-2011, 01:07 PM
Same here. I actually kind of prefer these just because it's all gameplay shots and no Ubisoft employees standing in a church with hoodies on lol. I do like the developer diaries a lot though.

Lol, yeah I found that church+hoddie thing funny, I think I lol'd hard when i saw...Jeffery Yohalem(that was the name?) in the hoodie, these videos just pump me up, esp. the "To be continued" ...just reminds me of every previous AC game..cliffhanger, lol...

rileypoole1234
09-28-2011, 02:32 PM
That trailers is amazing! I can't contain my excitement anymore! I actually love the look of that cape he has, because it's a full cape. This game will be amazing.

Animuses
09-28-2011, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
I don't want to start this whole discussion again but at 0:08 does his face look a tiny bit differen't from last weeks trailers?
I noticed that too. It seems like the final version to me.

rawrsmitch
09-28-2011, 02:48 PM
The blood seems kinda fake to me, it look's like the gore you'd see in Spartacus. Also has Ezio become stronger? He can throw and push enemies like really far away as if he has some superpower or something. Still an awesome trailer and the kill animations seem updated (more frames). Oh and the weird super fast rolls Ezio does are too much prince of persia, it doesn't really fit AC (and certainly not for an old man)

Animuses
09-28-2011, 02:52 PM
This old man is Ezio Auditore. He is one of the founding father's of badass.

kriegerdesgottes
09-28-2011, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Animuses:

lol and the mentor of badassery.

Velvit
09-28-2011, 02:54 PM
The clip at 1:00 looked terrible. He also threw a guard back several feet. Those are the only things I disliked about the trailer.

kriegerdesgottes
09-28-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Velvit:
The clip at 1:00 looked terrible. He also threw a guard back several feet. Those are the only things I disliked about the trailer.

I'm not positive but I think he shot him there with the hidden gun.

Edit: Actually after watching it again maybe not but whatever it looks awesome to me.

Animuses
09-28-2011, 03:13 PM
I knew someone was going to comment about that move. It's awesome and that's all I care about

CRUDFACE
09-28-2011, 03:13 PM

I thought that was Altair?

naran6142
09-28-2011, 03:45 PM
the cape is probably optional

and maybe there will be different styles?

twenty_glyphs
09-28-2011, 03:49 PM
Yeah, the hookblade trailer starts with the title "Secrets of the Ottoman Assassins: Episode 1" and then ends with "To Be Continued", so it seems like these vignettes are replacing the Developer Diaries. That's fine with me if these are going to be gameplay videos and have Yusuf doing some of the explaining himself. I've said before that I thought the previous diaries could get kind of corny, but they definitely had some good information. I'm happy with this change.

I also liked the look of the Animus "build-in" effect at the start. I like it better than the old one, and it looks better than the version in the Gamescom demo after Alta´r's memory corridor segment with the Crusader (which may have been placeholder). It also looks like Ezio's face is different yet again (only in the Combat Trailer), but now the shape actually looks much more like Brotherhood. I don't remember seeing a character's face change so many times during the course of a video game's promotion. Guess we'll just have to wait for the final game before passing judgment.

LightRey
09-28-2011, 04:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Velvit:

Edit: Actually after watching it again maybe not but whatever it looks awesome to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Would be more realistic if he threw him. Firing shots at people doesn't launch them like that.

CRUDFACE
09-28-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Velvit:

Edit: Actually after watching it again maybe not but whatever it looks awesome to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Would be more realistic if he threw him. Firing shots at people doesn't launch them like that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reminds me of Scorpion King where the arrows sent a guy flying out the hut.

joelsantos24
09-28-2011, 04:09 PM
I can't help it, I still can't get passed this new ugly armor/robes... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

CRUDFACE
09-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by POP_WW_2008:
I can't help it, I still can't get passed this new ugly armor/robes... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Which robes are you talking about?

joelsantos24
09-28-2011, 04:18 PM
The one Ezio's using in the trailers.

LightRey
09-28-2011, 04:20 PM
How can you not like those robes? They look great.

CRUDFACE
09-28-2011, 04:34 PM
You don't like the color or something? Or just the style? Sorry if I'm asking too many questions, I just really want to know.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by POP_WW_2008:
How can you not like those robes? They look great. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Apparently he found a way to

kriegerdesgottes
09-28-2011, 04:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by POP_WW_2008:

I could do without the fur but I agree the design is awesome. I so hope I can keep the cape though.

CRUDFACE
09-28-2011, 04:42 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

I could do without the fur but I agree the design is awesome. I so hope I can keep the cape though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the one thing I don't like, the damn fur.

I think overall I love the patterns, for Ezio and Altair's robes.

matheus_737
09-28-2011, 04:49 PM
the weapons are AWESOME AND THE IS LIKE ACB but is more violent and badass and YUSUF will be a great character i'm excited to see him

the videos are wonderfulllll I want more SECRETS OF OTTOMAN ASSASSINS: PART 2

LightRey
09-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

I could do without the fur but I agree the design is awesome. I so hope I can keep the cape though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the one thing I don't like, the damn fur.

I think overall I love the patterns, for Ezio and Altair's robes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well I don't really dislike the fur, but I don't really like it either. It seems a little out of place.

Calvarok
09-28-2011, 06:23 PM
His face looked fine, if a little emotionless. Hopefully he has more of his usual determined expression in the full game.

naran6142
09-28-2011, 06:56 PM

me too, i like the look without the cape better but if i feel like it i might wear the cape. i hope that the cape can be set to both shoulders or just one like previous games

eagleforlife1
09-29-2011, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by naran6142:

me too, i like the look without the cape better but if i feel like it i might wear the cape. i hope that the cape can be set to both shoulders or just one like previous games </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I also prefer the look without the cape. It makes Ezio look more gritty and less noble without it.

CRUDFACE
09-29-2011, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by matheus_737:
the weapons are AWESOME AND THE IS LIKE ACB but is more violent and badass and YUSUF will be a great character i'm excited to see him

the videos are wonderfulllll I want more SECRETS OF OTTOMAN ASSASSINS: PART 2

*high five* http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif YUSUF! YUSUF!YUSUF! I like him way more as the second in command to Ezio over Mach any day of the week

RzaRecta357
09-29-2011, 11:04 AM
He's not really a second in command. He's a master assassin and I'm sure Ezio will listen to him since it's his town. But is Machiavelli even alive still? He was his "advisor"

kriegerdesgottes
09-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
He's not really a second in command. He's a master assassin and I'm sure Ezio will listen to him since it's his town. But is Machiavelli even alive still? He was his "advisor"

Yeah he was alive. He died in 1527 so three years after Ezio dies.

joelsantos24
09-29-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm sort of biased for the more classic armor/robes style. Brotherhood's robes were a joke, though, thank God I had Alta´r's armor/robes as a bonus feature. This time around, I'm hoping that we can change into Alta´r's armor once again, instead of that Brutus' armor. Somehow I doubt it, though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 02:01 PM
I'm sort of biased for the more classic armor/robes style. Brotherhood's robes were a joke, though, thank God I had Alta´r's armor/robes as a bonus feature. This time around, I'm hoping that we can change into Alta´r's armor once again, instead of that Brutus' armor. Somehow I doubt it, though. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Woah, woah. The Brotherhood robes were the best out of the 3 games.

Black_Widow9
09-29-2011, 02:04 PM
Well I don't really dislike the fur, but I don't really like it either. It seems a little out of place.

But its snowing and it looks super cold. I would want a little fur to keep me warm. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Animuses
09-29-2011, 02:06 PM
No, the AC and the AC2 robes are tied for the best. Not saying there weren't awesome, they were just out of place.

LightRey
09-29-2011, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Black_Widow9:

But its snowing and it looks super cold. I would want a little fur to keep me warm. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Lol, True. Though he might want to take it off while he's in Constantinople. It can get pretty hot down there.

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 02:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
No, the AC and the AC2 robes are tied for the best. Not saying there weren't awesome, they were just out of place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, the ACB definitely were the best looking. And I honestly don't think they were that out of place either.

I don't like the AC2 robes that much, and the AC1 robes were too plain, but it fit the style back then.

Animuses
09-29-2011, 02:51 PM
Ezio stuck out like a sore thumb.

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 02:53 PM
Ezio stuck out like a sore thumb.

He did?

That's odd... I never noticed that he did, and I still don't really think he does..

Animuses
09-29-2011, 02:55 PM
The only way Ezio could fit in (in my opinion), is if he is wearing the Venetian Wine dye without armor.

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Well then, that would apply to AC2 also. :/

eagleforlife1
09-29-2011, 03:12 PM
ACB robes were the best by far IMO. They really looked true to the era.

souNdwAve89
09-29-2011, 03:14 PM
ACR's robes are my favorite at the moment. I like the fur addition and having no cape (in CGI trailer he did). My second would be AC2's since it was subtle, minus the Assassin insignia on the belt. Brotherhood's was okay, but his outfit was too white and flashy. He also stuck out a lot since most of the citizens walking around wore darker colors.

Animuses
09-29-2011, 03:22 PM
How would it? Ezio's AC2 robes made him look like a fashionable noble. Regardless of how different his Assassin robes were from normal attire, he still fit in.

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 03:26 PM
How would it? Ezio's AC2 robes made him look like a fashionable noble. Regardless of how different his Assassin robes were from normal attire, he still fit in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because he also had armor on and that would also make him stick out like a sore thumb.

Animuses
09-29-2011, 03:29 PM
At least it fit the style of the robes. The armor for Ezio's Brotherhood robes didn't.

joelsantos24
09-29-2011, 03:56 PM
In your opinion, that is.

kriegerdesgottes
09-29-2011, 04:18 PM
Yeah I love them all but the Brotherhood robes are def my least favorite main default outfit so far. I gonna have to vote on ACII as my favorite so far.

CRUDFACE
09-29-2011, 04:22 PM
Yeah I love them all but the Brotherhood robes are def my least favorite main default outfit so far. I gonna have to vote on ACII as my favorite so far.

I'll second that.