PDA

View Full Version : help flying

muzzwezz
08-04-2007, 08:56 PM
hello

im fairly new to IL2 1946, ive seen most of the tutorials and done many quick missions.

However NOwhere does it seem to tell you how to fly the damn plane, im still very confused to the point of:
Prop angle
Mixture
Radiator flaps
Wing flaps

Take radiator flaps for example, no where does it says what they do, or when i should change them, if my engines overheating i "open" with no effect,

or wing flaps - sure i put them to take off and landing when needed but whats combat for? and why in the 109 does it make that annoying siren when you put them to combat?

is there somewhere that actually explains what the point of the above features are? - its just that when im on 110% with WEP enabled and still only just gaining on a B17 in my fighter im sure there must be something im doing wrong

thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

muzzwezz
08-04-2007, 08:56 PM
hello

im fairly new to IL2 1946, ive seen most of the tutorials and done many quick missions.

However NOwhere does it seem to tell you how to fly the damn plane, im still very confused to the point of:
Prop angle
Mixture
Radiator flaps
Wing flaps

Take radiator flaps for example, no where does it says what they do, or when i should change them, if my engines overheating i "open" with no effect,

or wing flaps - sure i put them to take off and landing when needed but whats combat for? and why in the 109 does it make that annoying siren when you put them to combat?

is there somewhere that actually explains what the point of the above features are? - its just that when im on 110% with WEP enabled and still only just gaining on a B17 in my fighter im sure there must be something im doing wrong

thanks http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

berg417448
08-04-2007, 09:02 PM
I'll answer the easiest one...that "siren" you hear is a warning that your flaps are down but your landing gear is still up. It's there to stop the pilot from accidentally making a belly landing.

VW-IceFire
08-04-2007, 09:28 PM
Prop angle: How much "bite" the propeller is taking out of the air

Mixture: Percentage mixture of air to fuel. Most aircraft are left on auto (such as the Bf109). Russian fighters need to decrease fuel mix as altitude increases.

Radiator flaps: These open the radiator ducts to allow more air into them and thus increase cooling of the engine and the expense of increased drag/decreased speed.

Wing flaps: Used to increase lift. Landing for landing, takeoff for takeoff, combat to be used during combat in tight medium and low speed turns. Some aircraft benefit more from the use of combat flaps than others.

Gaining on a B-17 with 110% WEP enabled depends allot on altitude, plane type, and how the plane is being flown. Typically most of the stuff you've mentioned is good to know and ask about but you don't strictly need to know to enjoy the game. Most aircraft have auto mixture, some have auto radiator, and a small few even have auto flaps.