PDA

View Full Version : First Success

ronison
05-23-2006, 01:37 PM
Well had my first success today on Hyperloby. I managed to down five German BF-109's and FW-190's. In the past I have been more or less a sitting duck and I use to rate success by making it back to base a bit shot up.

Well today I turned the tide. Not only were these five my first, two of which were on the same fligth, but also I only got shot down three times and decided to go swimming once due to being to slow and low over the ocean.

I know many people post these kind of threads and I always thought them somewhat silly, untill today. I now know how it feels to get the first and for evyerone that I ever though silly for a post like this, and no never posted what I thought, I'm sorry for the thought.

Also I have a question. The other day I was thinking of maybe joining a squadron but I have a bit of a problem. I live in the PST time zone, or GMT -8 for thoes that use that, but I work swing shift. Being that most of the Squadrons I looked at have been EST, "US East Coast", I was wondering if anyone could maybe stear me in the direction of a squadron that flys around 0900 GMT. Just looking and hoping someone can give me a suggestion.

Thanks.

ronison
05-23-2006, 01:37 PM
Well had my first success today on Hyperloby. I managed to down five German BF-109's and FW-190's. In the past I have been more or less a sitting duck and I use to rate success by making it back to base a bit shot up.

Well today I turned the tide. Not only were these five my first, two of which were on the same fligth, but also I only got shot down three times and decided to go swimming once due to being to slow and low over the ocean.

I know many people post these kind of threads and I always thought them somewhat silly, untill today. I now know how it feels to get the first and for evyerone that I ever though silly for a post like this, and no never posted what I thought, I'm sorry for the thought.

Also I have a question. The other day I was thinking of maybe joining a squadron but I have a bit of a problem. I live in the PST time zone, or GMT -8 for thoes that use that, but I work swing shift. Being that most of the Squadrons I looked at have been EST, "US East Coast", I was wondering if anyone could maybe stear me in the direction of a squadron that flys around 0900 GMT. Just looking and hoping someone can give me a suggestion.

Thanks.

justflyin
05-23-2006, 01:43 PM
Congrats on your success. Hopefully, many more to come. I still have the name of the first bogey I ever shot down online back in 2000. It's written in an old notebook somewhere. Jane's WWII Fighters that was.

Go here for information on squadrons:

Squadrons Forum (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=corfrm&cf=48310655)

ronison
05-23-2006, 01:51 PM
Thanks justflyin I forgot the silly forum and should have remembered it. I have been around the boards for a year and a half.

Started out with no sound and couldn't fix it to save my life. Thanks to many people and suggestions I finely figured it out and got it going. That lost me nearly a year of flying here but that is in the past and Im now enjoying the flight sim and the people that are here on the boards.

WTE_Galway
05-23-2006, 10:59 PM
Back in my online days i always regarded a kill ratio better than even as pretty acceptable so 3 versus 5 is pretty good .. nearly 2 to 1 congratulations good blooding S! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

As far as the time zones go .. maybe you should be looking at aussie or new zealand squadrons .. though pings may be an issue. Hawaii may be worth a look in.

If the time zones work out for australia .. check out WTE they are a great bunch of guys.