PDA

View Full Version : Other then Sturmovik 1946

Yank1974
02-02-2010, 10:45 AM
What other flight sims do you recommend?

Insuber
02-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Rise of Flight. Despite it being not yet finished, it works a charm and it is a visual joy. WWI 1917-18 warbirds, by the way.

Bye,
Ins

Waldo.Pepper
02-02-2010, 11:13 AM
There are no other worthy options for my time.

Yank1974
02-02-2010, 11:26 AM
What about BOB Wings of victory? Can you record like 46?

major_setback
02-02-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Yank1974:
That game is another alternative, if you want a realistic sim.
I can't remember too well if you can record tracks, but I'm pretty sure you can...

Here's a tip: look at youtube to see how many uploaded tracks there are.

There is also Wings of Prey (for PC), though it is probably not quite as realistic as the others. There is a downloadable demo if you want to try it out.
Google it.

TinyTim
02-02-2010, 12:02 PM
If you like modern helicopter combat and if you are a realism nut, I'd reccomend LO MAC Black Shark.

Insuber
02-02-2010, 12:49 PM
I own it and it is true that it enjoys a dedicated community which does a wonderful job in improving it year after year. It has some good points, notably handling huge amounts of planes but the multiplayer is not yet working (I tried a beta without any success few time ago), and IMHO the AI is too stupid.

At any rate I never played it for more than few days, and always came back to Il2 1946.

Originally posted by Yank1974:

BillSwagger
02-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by major_setback:
There is also Wings of Prey (for PC), though it is probably not quite as realistic as the others

Everything i've seen on the PC version looks great, and i'm not sure why it would be any less real than Il2 being that it uses the same FMs and engine. In fact, players have said the actual game is much better than the impression they got from the demo.
Like Rise of Flight, i think its online capabilities are still very limited, but if you wanted to fly missions offline it looks to be top of the line, IMO.

Bill

Dolemite-
02-02-2010, 05:49 PM
Rise of Flight is fantastic, the graphics, the flight models, the sound, everything is superb. Yeah there is still a required internet connection but as long as you have a decent provider it isnt a big deal, and supposedly it will be dropped soon anyways. IMHO RoF is the best alternative for anyone who is burned out on IL-2 and is waiting for SoW.

I've played WoP and other than the graphics it doesn't have much to offer. It is no sim.

Romanator21
02-02-2010, 07:08 PM
CFS1. Can't beat those graphics and FMs anywhere:

http://www.rolandandcaroline.co.uk/assets/images/cfs1cockpit.jpg

http://www.rolandandcaroline.co.uk/assets/images/cfs1spit1.jpg

Sooocool
02-02-2010, 10:38 PM
I absolutely endorse and recommend “Condor the Competition Soaring Simulator”!
It is nothing short of a miracle. So realistic in flight model immersion and feel.
High frame rate on your average PC. Loads of sceneries (maps) all around the globe.
Everything a flight sim should be short of shooting (that’s where IL-2 comes in).

Chivas
02-03-2010, 09:59 AM
ROF, WOP, BOB WOV, with ROF the best of the three, BUT I after flying a mission in all of them I have too go back to IL-2 for the best combat flight sim experience.

Fogmaster_
02-03-2010, 11:58 AM
Falcon 4.0 with OF

K_Freddie
02-03-2010, 03:08 PM
As the IL2 girl says..
Set them free... and when they come back they're yours
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

foxfire1941
02-03-2010, 03:37 PM
Rise of Flight? It may be fine for some, but what keeps me away is the fact that they charge you for new planes that are released. Kinda nickle and diming you, -no thanks. I read the mulitplayer aspect is not very good either.

Dolemite-
02-03-2010, 04:26 PM
The aircraft are worth every penny, they're all extremely well modeled, and all meet the same standard in detail. Unlike the aircraft in IL-2 which all vary in quality. Some of which I wouldn't even pay a dollar for. And it's not like they're expensive, $7 for one aircraft or $12 for two. I've been buying an aircraft every weekend since I got RoF. If you don't have an extra $7 to spend on yourself once a week then you probably shouldn't be wasting time simming in the first place.

Stiletto-
02-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Thats nothing compared to iRacing, the sim racing world doesnt seem to mind.. 15 dollars for each car and usually 20 dollars for each track, not to mention the monthly subscription fee on top of that.

All of a sudden IL2 doesnt look so bad does it? Then again, the fidelity and detail in IL-2 leaves something to be desired.