PDA

View Full Version : COMBO KILL! - DOES NOT WORK!

Jesse1234
11-28-2007, 05:25 PM
To do a combo kill, you press X(let the blade hit) then quickly press X again! Right??

WRONG!

Ubisoft has made it almost impossible to get these "Combo Kills". It seems you only get them about every 1 in 100 times of pressing X then X again.

I know i have died a couple of times trying to do them, and i just about picked up my 360 and threw it. But i didnt, i threw the assassins creed case at the ****ing wall. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Can anyone else get them? Or is it just me? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif The counter kill is easy as pie to get, but these combo kills....OMG. Is there some sort of secret to getting them?

Tela
11-28-2007, 05:27 PM
It is possible. 'I' have gotten them before, at least. It's just hard. I recommend patience.

dirtybird21
11-28-2007, 05:28 PM
No offense or anything, But it seems like you just aren't good at it... lol... I do combo kills all the time, I didn't use them 'till about memory block 3 but ever since i do them maybe even more than counters...

Jesse1234
11-28-2007, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Tela:
It is possible. 'I' have gotten them before, at least. It's just hard. I recommend patience. I have none when it comes to certain games.

Originally posted by dirtybird21:
No offense or anything, But it seems like you just aren't good at it... lol... I do combo kills all the time, I didn't use them 'till about memory block 3 but ever since i do them maybe even more than counters... aha...no

I kill tons of guys just fine. Using counter kills! I can stealth assassinate people just fine, i can do that kick *** run and jump and knife in the neck move all the time, i can do everything...EXCEPT the combo kill ****.

Tela
11-28-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Jesse1234:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tela:
It is possible. 'I' have gotten them before, at least. It's just hard. I recommend patience. I have none when it comes to certain games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And, usually, those are the ones that need the most, right? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

dirtybird21
11-28-2007, 05:33 PM
I mean you aren't any good at combo kills... They're not that hard, One thing you should know is the only time it will work is when they BLOCK you, Not when the swipe away your sword, it's easy 2 tell the difference because of the sound and both of you kinda bounce back when they just block, It will also work when you hit their flesh... But really after awhile it's easy 2 do and i normally don't do any more htan 3-4 slashes before i get the combo... You just gotta play it by sound and your timing will catch up.

DeAtHsStInG91
11-28-2007, 05:35 PM
u have to hit x right when the sword connects with the person, or other sword

Jesse1234
11-28-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by dirtybird21:
I mean you aren't any good at combo kills... They're not that hard, One thing you should know is the only time it will work is when they BLOCK you, Not when the swipe away your sword, it's easy 2 tell the difference because of the sound and both of you kinda bounce back when they just block, It will also work when you hit their flesh... But really after awhile it's easy 2 do and i normally don't do any more htan 3-4 slashes before i get the combo... You just gotta play it by sound and your timing will catch up.

Hmm...i see..

Did Ubisoft mean to be gay and make it hard to do them? I mean the counters are easy...these are not.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

assassin_93
11-28-2007, 05:38 PM
yeah its pretty hard for me to.
i have a ps3 which full of glitches on assassins creed.

but yeah it rly hard for me to get em especially since theres always bout 5 guards.

i kill some then practice whenever theres 2 guards left.

id say practice makes perfect but w/e

Tela
11-28-2007, 05:38 PM
It's probably just easier for some to do than others. Not Ubi's fault.

Jesse1234
11-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by assassin_93:
yeah its pretty hard for me to.
i have a ps3 which full of glitches on assassins creed.

but yeah it rly hard for me to get em especially since theres always bout 5 guards.

i kill some then practice whenever theres 2 guards left.

id say practice makes perfect but w/e
Yeah that's what i usually do! And the 1 time out of 100 ill actually get it...which pisses me off.

dirtybird21
11-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Just start being more aggresive with it, I win alot of fights against 10 or more guards not even going into the defensive stance, Just keep attacking and trying 2 time it correctly, That's how i got used 2 it... At first yeah it's hard, But once you start 2 understand the timing, It all the sudden comes 2 you and is an amazingly usefull alternative 2 counters... Also the short sword and long sword have far different timing because hte short sword attacks quicker..

A method of training i found out after i had already gotten used 2 it is try doing them from different distances from the guards, Because at first i had only gotten good at them using the long sword from a fairly short distance and i messed up alot using the short sword or attacking from a ways away because he takes a minute 2 studder step towards them, Once you get used 2 the timing it takes for him 2 actually make contact it's easy.

avsrule247
11-28-2007, 06:01 PM
I always use combo kills. I just mash the X button and it works fine for me.

THETRUEALTAIR
11-28-2007, 06:09 PM
wow, um.....

i have that achievement, and i can do them without really thinking so i guess in all reality they are quite possible. You either need your hyper-activity medication and calm down, and practice. Or continue to ***** about everything and be communually be hated

Eagle091
11-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Same here dude it's freakin hard for me to do a combo kill. I really hate how Ubi made it hard for some of us.

Eagle091
11-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Altair stfu you ******.

avsrule247
11-28-2007, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by Eagle091:
Altair stfu you ******.

You shouldn't be taking like that, little boy.

Eagle091
11-28-2007, 06:21 PM
You shouldn't be trying to act tough on the internet, little girl.

Tela
11-28-2007, 06:22 PM
You shouldn't be trying to act tough on the internet, little girl.

Keep the words kind, dears. This is no place for rudeness.

avsrule247
11-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Me acting tough? Do you see the hypocrisy in that post?

dirtybird21
11-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Wow eagle, You need 2 chill... If anyone is trying 2 act "tough" it's you...

Eagle091
11-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Do you see the stupidity in your post? Oh wait....

How am I trying to be tough, telling someone to stfu doesn't make me seem tough, and if it does to you, you guys need to get out more.

Tela
11-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Do you see the stupidity in your post? Oh wait....

Drop it, please. There's no need to continue this.

BainMac
11-28-2007, 07:10 PM
The easiest way to get this achivement is to practice in the courtyard.
When you complete three combo's the lesson will end and you can start it again. You don't have to actually use the combos in real battle, this is at least how I got the achivement.

A little tip. Just mash the x button util the trainer says "perfect", that means you completed a successfull combo.

Jesse1234
11-28-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by BainMac:
The easiest way to get this achivement is to practice in the courtyard.
When you complete three combo's the lesson will end and you can start it again. You don't have to actually use the combos in real battle, this is at least how I got the achivement.

A little tip. Just mash the x button util the trainer says "perfect", that means you completed a successfull combo.

That's what i did do at first. But now they just dont happen often.

I might try just doing this for a while...training and getting the achievement.

GodKronos1337
11-28-2007, 08:38 PM
i guess u just need to practice more cause i do um all the time.

Onijin
11-28-2007, 11:24 PM
I feel like i should contribute something.

The combo kill, i assume, is one of the auto kills when done correctly by hitting the attack button at the exact same time of impact.

Now, i'm sure a lot of people know this, but some may not, so here's some tips:

Not every hit will allow a combo kill. In fact the more advance the level, the more the AI seems to parry, or dodge, or even counter (one of the main reasons i usually resort to just countering their attacks). On these occations combo kill will not work.

The only time you can activate the combo kill is when the AI simply blocks and this could be seen (when you failed a combo kill) as your sword "bouncing" off their sword.

The last thing that is required is the player's own personal skill level and his ability to time/anticipate the block and hope that it doesn't actually become a parry, dodge, counter, or even a hit.

Hope this helps, keep practicing and with a little luck.. or in some cases the moons of jupiter aligning.. you will get the elusive combo kill.

MiniAssasin
11-29-2007, 05:12 AM
Originally posted by Onijin:
I feel like i should contribute something.

The combo kill, i assume, is one of the auto kills when done correctly by hitting the attack button at the exact same time of impact.

Now, i'm sure a lot of people know this, but some may not, so here's some tips:

Not every hit will allow a combo kill. In fact the more advance the level, the more the AI seems to parry, or dodge, or even counter (one of the main reasons i usually resort to just countering their attacks). On these occations combo kill will not work.

The only time you can activate the combo kill is when the AI simply blocks and this could be seen (when you failed a combo kill) as your sword "bouncing" off their sword.

The last thing that is required is the player's own personal skill level and his ability to time/anticipate the block and hope that it doesn't actually become a parry, dodge, counter, or even a hit.

Hope this helps, keep practicing and with a little luck.. or in some cases the moons of jupiter aligning.. you will get the elusive combo kill.

you'l prob find people who cant do it are impatient and try to button mash

all it taks is attack,sword reaching enemy...attack

done simple

katz_bg
11-29-2007, 05:22 AM
I discovered combo kills the second time I started to play the game and quickly learned them. Though I mostly miss them with the sword I often get them with the short blade.

MiniAssasin
11-29-2007, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by katz_bg:
I discovered combo kills the second time I started to play the game and quickly learned them. Though I mostly miss them with the sword I often get them with the short blade.

im the oposite i find it easier with the sword

Marek86
11-29-2007, 05:45 AM
I don't get them that much either, it's really easy to do them in the training area but I can't seem to perform them when in a fight with guards. I only get it from time to time. (and that's when I wasn't even trying and kinda just got it) I have also tried practicing on the guards, but I don't combo kill when i want to. Doesn't really bother me, but I would still like to be able to do them easier.

MiniAssasin
11-29-2007, 06:00 AM
you know what makes me laugh people cry that the combat is too easy and simplified and the one slightly challenging aspect of the combat and people demand its made easier

mefninja
11-29-2007, 06:53 AM
^ idiots

umm i get a combo kill at least half the time i try.. its easy.. i got better at it towards the end of the game

VillainSmokes
11-29-2007, 08:11 AM
Its just a timing thing. I sucked at them as well when I first started, but I'm getting the hang of them now.

I sometimes avoid trying to do it if I'm fighting more than 3 enemies, just too much to worry about if there are 4 or 5 to try and time it. But after I kill down to about 3 I will switch from counter to combo to make the game more fun.

You just have to practice like I did.