PDA

View Full Version : Sinking time for ships

GH_Klingstroem
03-31-2005, 12:09 PM
Is it possible to make ships sink a little bit slower!? as it is now they will all sink in 1 minute. shouldnt be too difficult to change. I know this is a flightsim and that this might not be priority but would add to this allready very realistic flight sim!
thx

PILOT-SF
03-31-2005, 01:33 PM
Hi!

I'm new here. Been playing this sim from the beginning and I love it. Thx to Oleg and his team.

This ship sinking thing bugs me a lot too. I hope that some day those ships slow down first when hit and then start to sink. Now it looks stupid, when hit, they lose instantly all speed and start to sink. Hopefully you have the energy to do something about it.

Keep up the good work!

unseen84
03-31-2005, 02:56 PM
Yeah, this issue has bothered me since the original Il-2. I didn't think was a big deal until PF came around, a game that supposedly has greater emphasis on anti-shipping warfare. If they won't add any new ships, they could at least improve on whats in already, but I doubt this will happen.

I don't really mind small stuff like fishing boats and subs going down fast. Even ships as large as destroyers were capable of going down quite quickly. But capital ships are a much different story. Barring some sort of catastrophic damage (the sinking of the Hood comes to mind), capital ships should take at least 10-15 minutes to sink from when they are hit. The Indianapolis sank in about 15 minutes, IIRC. Some ships (like all of the carriers sunk at Midway) took many, many hours to sink.

crazyivan1970
03-31-2005, 04:39 PM
PF@1C.RU