PDA

View Full Version : Il2stab side effects

VF-17_Jolly
01-08-2009, 02:47 PM
I have 1946 on a standard installation (European.UK) DVD.
Up until i installed IL2 stab the write protection DVD search security thing work as normal I put the DVD in the tray and it went found the disk and started the game.
After i installed IL2 stab i was burning a music disk and forgot to put 1946 back in the drive and started via IL2 stab and low and behold it started without the disk it also runs without disk if the desktop icon is used is this common or is it just me

I did not set out to circumvent the security it just happened very odd

VF-17_Jolly
01-08-2009, 02:47 PM
I have 1946 on a standard installation (European.UK) DVD.
Up until i installed IL2 stab the write protection DVD search security thing work as normal I put the DVD in the tray and it went found the disk and started the game.
After i installed IL2 stab i was burning a music disk and forgot to put 1946 back in the drive and started via IL2 stab and low and behold it started without the disk it also runs without disk if the desktop icon is used is this common or is it just me

I did not set out to circumvent the security it just happened very odd

Thekid321
01-08-2009, 03:04 PM
you don't need the disk if you do a full install. thats what i did and i don't need the disk either. ALL of the files are on your hard drive already. this is normal.

Tully__
01-10-2009, 03:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thekid321:
...this is normal. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In some markets. Mine requires the disk (Australia)

MaxMhz
01-10-2009, 04:03 AM
AFAIK only the US retail version does not need the disk in the drive. All versions with SecuROM protection do need the disk. I don't think this is a side effect of IL-2 Stab. You probably installed a certain version switcher that puts in an alternate il2fb.exe.

VF-17_Jolly
01-10-2009, 10:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MaxMhz:
AFAIK only the US retail version does not need the disk in the drive. All versions with SecuROM protection do need the disk. I don't think this is a side effect of IL-2 Stab. You probably installed a certain version switcher that puts in an alternate il2fb.exe. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Up until i installed il2stab i did need the disk to start the game and what is a version switcher