PDA

View Full Version : Assassin Creed copy from Amazon and Preorder DLC

C3G Jester
10-18-2011, 09:08 PM
Hello all, I am preordering this game copy from Amazon since I only have to pay 99 cents for shipping due to all of my promotions going towards this game. Now Amazon does not have Signature Edition or any of the DLC that Gamestop offers. Is there any way I can get the DLC later down the road.

Ubisoft staff: Can you please talk to Ubisoft and Amazon about this because I think its not fair Gamestop upgrades to Signature Edition and Amazon does not. There is a majority on Amazon just like Gamestop so can you please resolve this as seeing I will not have any money to pay for the DLC.

iNt0xiCaT3dSainT
10-18-2011, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by commanderjst:
Hello all, I am preordering this game copy from Amazon since I only have to pay 99 cents for shipping due to all of my promotions going towards this game. Now Amazon does not have Signature Edition or any of the DLC that Gamestop offers. Is there any way I can get the DLC later down the road.

Ubisoft staff: Can you please talk to Ubisoft and Amazon about this because I think its not fair Gamestop upgrades to Signature Edition and Amazon does not. There is a majority on Amazon just like Gamestop so can you please resolve this as seeing I will not have any money to pay for the DLC.

Every retailer gets something different. And i highly doubt they would make Amazon a signature edition. Gamestop always has the most pre order value from AC and i believe its going to stay that way.

About the DLC thing im not sure if you can or not. Mostly likely you cant.

C3G Jester
10-18-2011, 09:15 PM
If they dont release the stuff as DLC down the road, then the game is worth at least 30 bucks. I refuse to use my promotion codes towards a game that is not finished and with no DLC. SCREW THAT.

I want to hear from the forum staffs about this. Others can post here but I will keep bumping this topic to get the forum staffs to respond to me

Jexx21
10-18-2011, 09:18 PM
Lol, the game is only worth 30 dollars?

It's worth the full 50 it costs at release.

C3G Jester
10-18-2011, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Lol, the game is only worth 30 dollars?

It's worth the full 50 it costs at release.

Not if they release the preorder bonus like the mission, bomb pack and whatever else as DLC later down the road or at least have Amazon sell a limited amount of signature Edition. To me with them not doing anything from that to a DLC later down the road, I am starting to doubt Ubi. EA is a greedy corporation with HORRIBLE servers. Activision is a evil corp that rehashes game year after year. What does Ubi do?? SIT ON ITS LAZY BUTT DOING NOTHING TO IMPRESS PLAYERS.

Jexx21
10-18-2011, 09:39 PM
I don't get why people obsess over companies so much sometimes.

And since when does EA host the servers people play on? Don't their FPS' use dedicated servers? And Activision as a whole isn't 'evil', just Bobby Kotick.

And I'm impressed that UbiSoft can release great AC games each year, but tons of people are ****ed off by the DRM.

And by the way, the pre-order bonuses WILL be released as DLC down the road, and I don't see why not. They aren't crucial to the game and don't add that much content anyway. Unless you are specifically gunning for the animated shorts, art books, soundtracks, and encyclopedias. But the in-game things are actually fairly small and will probably be sold in a 5-10 dollar pack. All you get is the Vlad mission which will be your standard Lair of Romulus/Tomb type mission, some capacity upgrades that you don't really need, some costumes which are just cosmetic skins and make for good DLC anyway, and some MP characters that are again just cosmetic options.

The game is worth the full amount on release, regardless of whatever bonuses you get with it.

C3G Jester
10-18-2011, 10:39 PM
@Jexx21 dude do you even have a life?? Apparently you dont. Registered here 5 months ago with over 1 thousand posts. WOW wat a lowlife. Go outside and breath the fresh air. I have been here a month and i have 70 posts with no ban or infraction whatsoever. Seriously, ur a idiot if you have over 1 thousand posts in 5 months

roostersrule2
10-18-2011, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by SukhvirsCreed:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by commanderjst:

Every retailer gets something different. And i highly doubt they would make Amazon a signature edition. Gamestop always has the most pre order value from AC and i believe its going to stay that way.

About the DLC thing im not sure if you can or not. Mostly likely you cant. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not really the animus edition from eb is the best edition really.

LightRey
10-19-2011, 12:01 AM
...the extra in-game content is just a skin, some MP characters and one extra lair. You're saying that is worth 20 bucks, but the entire game besides that is only worth 30?

SleezeRocker
10-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Im fairy sure the DLC found in gamestops Sig.Edition will be avaliable down the rode along with all other in-game content(Vlad level, extra ammo, online charcaters, and costumes for Ezio) just as the last 2 games have done.

now as Sukhvirs said, all retailers have osmething diffrent. Gamestop had the Sig edition (sadly no 'real' collector's edition) and bestbuy gives the crusader for online.

Amazon didn't have ANYTHING for ACR until just like..what 2 weeks ago? that they would offer an altair costume...which personally I think it's whack since personally, altair's robes oculd have been an ingame unlock since we already play as Altair in ACR but..oh well.

I still preordered with gamestop since it's close where I live and I get most for my money so cna't entirely complain...though I'd assassinate for that AC Bible :P lol

jmk1999
10-19-2011, 03:01 AM
@Jexx21 dude do you even have a life?? Apparently you dont. Registered here 5 months ago with over 1 thousand posts. WOW wat a lowlife. Go outside and breath the fresh air. I have been here a month and i have 70 posts with no ban or infraction whatsoever. Seriously, ur a idiot if you have over 1 thousand posts in 5 months
you're certainly about to break your clean streak if you continue to insult people. you've been warned. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

roostersrule2
10-19-2011, 03:39 AM
@Jexx21 dude do you even have a life?? Apparently you dont. Registered here 5 months ago with over 1 thousand posts. WOW wat a lowlife. Go outside and breath the fresh air. I have been here a month and i have 70 posts with no ban or infraction whatsoever. Seriously, ur a idiot if you have over 1 thousand posts in 5 months You've been here 1 year and almost 2 months not 1 month.

Mr_Shade
10-19-2011, 04:26 AM

I want to hear from the forum staffs about this. Others can post here but I will keep bumping this topic to get the forum staffs to respond to me Well bumping is against the rules.. so I suggest you don't considering your already on a warning. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

As a member has already posted - different retailers get different offers, some you may feel better than others.

It's to offer choice and value - since some versions may be more expensive, it's also so that some retailers get exclusive content - to reward people who shop there.

I'm sorry but the retailers listings - are as they are, so you have to choose which retailer /version from the available information.

There is a pinned editions thread with the full content listing and retailers.

I suggest you read the pinned threads as well as the forum rules, if you wish to be part of the community - even though judging by your comments about Ubisoft - you may not want too now. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Jexx21
10-19-2011, 05:13 AM
uhh..
Are you resulting to insults because you don't have anything logical to say against my arguments?

I'm sorry that I don't go out much because I don't have my license, am an only child, and because my Dad doesn't feel like doing anything after he gets home from work because he's tired and we're in a financial crisis.

I'll go out biking when the rain stops though, thanks for the suggestion.

itsamea-mario
10-19-2011, 05:17 AM

The fact that you just said that proves that you don't either.

Mr_Shade
10-19-2011, 05:19 AM
Guys, he has been warned.. so lets leave it there please http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

itsamea-mario
10-19-2011, 05:26 AM
Mi dispiace, ombra.

C3G Jester
10-19-2011, 08:38 AM
I loved the first 3 games. But i am not going to get 100% sychronization if i dont get the stuff. I am cancelling my preorders. This is not worth my promotions

reini03
10-19-2011, 09:18 AM
I loved the first 3 games. But i am not going to get 100% sychronization if i dont get the stuff. I am cancelling my preorders. This is not worth my promotions

Locked stuff doesn't even have any impact on the synchronization http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Jexx21
10-19-2011, 10:00 AM

Err.. I don't think that the Vlad the Impaler mission will have any effect on 100% sync.

and what promotions? Do you work at an advertising company?

C3G Jester
10-19-2011, 10:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by commanderjst:

Err.. I don't think that the Vlad the Impaler mission will have any effect on 100% sync.

and what promotions? Do you work at an advertising company? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No I dont work for a advertising company. I got 60 dollars in promotion from Amazon for buying Gears and other stuff that gives me the discounts.

LightRey
10-19-2011, 10:07 AM
What in god's name does getting 100% synch have to do with this?

Jexx21
10-19-2011, 10:15 AM
lol, and you don't want to get a game as great as Assassin's Creed for free just because they don't have this extra crap that doesn't really give you much other than a 10-30 minute platform experience and a weapon skin?

LightRey
10-19-2011, 10:24 AM
lol, and you don't want to get a game as great as Assassin's Creed for free just because they don't have this extra crap that doesn't really give you much other than a 10-30 minute platform experience and a weapon skin?
Exactly. I really don't get that either. All those things are extra content because they're small bonuses. They don't add anything to the game of such a significance that they'd add more than a few bucks to the price. I really don't see how any of it would in any way be so significant to the enjoyment of the game that it wouldn't be worth buying unless they'd cut 40% off the price.

Krayus Korianis
10-19-2011, 11:25 AM
The extra things like the Encyclopedia, Art book, Embers movie, and soundtrack cost more. The DLC at best costs around 1$ or less for each one and aren't linked to getting 100% like they were in AC II with the Templar Lairs.

The OP's point is moot.