PDA

View Full Version : OQMG upgrade

Carcano1970
05-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Hello and ~S~ to all. I installed the OQMG upgrade and created a mission with about 49 109g2 and about 38 p-40s. When playing the mission my pc drags due to all the graphic (I think) all the other players didnt notice any lag. I have a lan with about 6 pcs, and I was wondering if I was to host the game from a pc that no one plays on would I see any lag on my system? Just wondering if anyone else has this issue, before I go and install and setup that other pc.

Thanks in advanced!!!
Carcano.

Carcano1970
05-15-2006, 12:59 PM
Hello and ~S~ to all. I installed the OQMG upgrade and created a mission with about 49 109g2 and about 38 p-40s. When playing the mission my pc drags due to all the graphic (I think) all the other players didnt notice any lag. I have a lan with about 6 pcs, and I was wondering if I was to host the game from a pc that no one plays on would I see any lag on my system? Just wondering if anyone else has this issue, before I go and install and setup that other pc.

Thanks in advanced!!!
Carcano.

UberDemon
05-15-2006, 10:09 PM
I assume you mean UQMG? Assuming that, thank you for using it.

Sometimes that is true. During the original Beta, I would setup the host or a dedicated server in a separate PC, then I would play along with other testers that would come through my firewall, and all, including myself had a pleasant play experience. I was in the US, and I had people from Netherlands, Canada, Germany and Australia connect. But yes, if you host and play in the same computer sometimes you can suffer on performance.

PriK
05-15-2006, 10:30 PM
Hi Uber and thanks again for your hard work.

Carcano1970
05-16-2006, 07:03 AM
UberDemon, Thanks for the info, I have to also say that UQMG just rocks! thanks!

Carcano.