PDA

View Full Version : time management against cm 11 personalities

oozziejoe
12-18-2007, 04:13 AM
Does anybody notice that it gets much more difficult to win against cm personalities when there is very little time on your clock (say under 4 minutes). CM is just able to move too fast. I think you have to go into the final part of the game with twice as much time as cm..Any other views?

oozziejoe
12-18-2007, 04:13 AM
Does anybody notice that it gets much more difficult to win against cm personalities when there is very little time on your clock (say under 4 minutes). CM is just able to move too fast. I think you have to go into the final part of the game with twice as much time as cm..Any other views?

jkalltheway
12-18-2007, 09:27 AM
i think what happens is that Cm moves twice as fast, but calculates a lot less. However i've never made it that far against Cm http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

diskamyl
12-18-2007, 02:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oozziejoe:
Does anybody notice that it gets much more difficult to win against cm personalities when there is very little time on your clock (say under 4 minutes). CM is just able to move too fast. I think you have to go into the final part of the game with twice as much time as cm..Any other views? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's true. normally the computer never loses on time, and if it has a decent rating, it will still make reasonable moves. time trouble has a greater effect when you play against CM personalities than against human beings.

oozziejoe
12-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Ok, that's what i thought. I hope this does not develop any bad habits in me for otb play (e.g., i play super fast in the opening)

I think CM has done a good job of making the personalities reasonably human like. I would like them to also have the ability to lose on time, perhaps as frequently as a human at the rating level. For example, one could estimate how many moves a human will make when 2 minutes left on the clock. I would estimate 60 moves, maybe plus or minus 20.

Sometimes when a human is under extreme time pressure (say only 20 seconds left on a clock), I mgiht make a move that i know to be unsound but that takes my oponent time to solve. I do not know how a computer might emulate this (i.e., the harder the tactical solution, the longer the time taken)

just some wishes for future Cm's.