PDA

View Full Version : No RMG?

assas_sb
04-27-2011, 07:50 PM
I don't know about you, but this is what is the most fun about the game for me. Are we going back to Heroes IV release which was terrible? That release sucked as well with no RMG. I understand this is not something easily done but previous versions of the game have had this and you say it's too hard? The future playability of the game just went out the window.

Every time I learn something about the new version of the game I want to buy it less and less.

RottaranOwain
04-27-2011, 08:29 PM
I heard it's going to be patched in later after release some time, but I'm not sure. Either that, or it'll likely be in an expansion pack.

cossacking
04-27-2011, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by RottaranOwain:
I heard it's going to be patched in later after release some time, but I'm not sure. Either that, or it'll likely be in an expansion pack.

Oh no, no way I'm paying for the RMG.

Alderbranchh
04-27-2011, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by assas_sb:
I don't know about you, but this is what is the most fun about the game for me. Are we going back to Heroes IV release which was terrible? That release sucked as well with no RMG. I understand this is not something easily done but previous versions of the game have had this and you say it's too hard? The future playability of the game just went out the window.

It said it wont be in the game upon release. Thats not the same thing as not getting in there at all.
The main difficulty of introducing a RMG is the 3D and to make the maps look somewhat ok. I dont know about you but the RMG of -H3 was awful. The maps were playable yes... but plain awful to behold nor were monsters always placed in the way of certain stuff or there were gaps etc.

I personally prefer a good RMG that I have to wait for than a really really sucky one that is released with the main game. How about you?

Originally posted by cossacking:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RottaranOwain:

Oh no, no way I'm paying for the RMG. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just curious... if you buy a main game with a RMG... dont you then pay for it?

Whats so bad then if its in a expansionpack?

Just a thought.

Thunion
04-28-2011, 12:46 AM
I personally prefer a good RMG that I have to wait for than a really really sucky one that is released with the main game. How about you?
I prefer sucky rmg realesed with the main game,that later gets updated in expansion pack "_" i mean i dont actually care about how map looks if i want to satisfy my hunger for heroes and passed all intially realesed maps..

BlueLore
04-28-2011, 06:06 AM
But they said,that instead of the RMG,the Map creator will be more userfriendly and if they manage to make an easy Mapcreator(unlike in H5),thenit will be ok to not have a rmg

zfazek
04-28-2011, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Alderbranchh:
I totally agree with you.
Rushing the production of RMG would most likely only lead to a bug-infested, useless feature, which could take away precious time from developing the game itself.
I'm sure they will provide it in a patch later.

If I remember correctly, Heroes V did not come with RMG either, it was only implemented much later in a patch.

(also a I hardly ever used the RMG in Heroes V, as it made pretty boring maps. instead I downloaded a dozen maps created by others with map editor, and usually these maps provided way more fun than any RMG maps)

belgarath21
04-28-2011, 02:30 PM
I consider a map editor to be more important than an RMG. It's nice to be able to make your own map. I'm confident that a good RMG will eventually be made for Heroes 6 (probably within the first 6 months of release).

The map editor and RMG were very much "works in progress" for Heroes V. I'm not convinced they ever really did a good job with those tools. I wasn't able to use the map editor with the added features from the expansions. Likewise, the RMG crashed a lot when I used it.

I am heartened by the news that the map editor is a focus of development and will be released with the game. I'm sure they will devote equal attention to an RMG once the game is released.

assas_sb
04-28-2011, 07:48 PM
I really don't have time to make a full map and honestly the patience http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif. It is also hard to find map sizes with the amount of players my friends and I like to play with. With the RMG it may not be perfect but it at least gives a fresh game. Playing the same map over and over gets real boring.

Fyrestorme
04-29-2011, 07:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assas_sb:

The main difficulty of introducing a RMG is the 3D and to make the maps look somewhat ok. I dont know about you but the RMG of -H3 was awful. The maps were playable yes... but plain awful to behold nor were monsters always placed in the way of certain stuff or there were gaps etc. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that was a problem with their pathing though.. which was part of the core game.

maybe you just like to wait unnecessarily? we've all been waiting for the game and now will continue to wait for another 5 months for the game. Heroes games have released in the past with good RMGs with the main game (not an exp pack) and there shouldn't be any valid reason not to expect one with the main release unless Ubi intentionally decided to leave it out.

zfazek
04-29-2011, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Fyrestorme:
and there shouldn't be any valid reason not to expect one with the main release unless Ubi intentionally decided to leave it out.
lack of time for example?

Why is it so hard to believe that they will provide the RMG in a patch later?

They have limited resources for developing the game, they need to make it as polished as possible. Wasting time on RMG would take away precious resources and time, which (judging by the delayed release date,) they do not have at the moment.

The only scenario I can imagine that they won't provide it in a patch later, is if the game proves to be a total commercial failure, and Ubisoft won't even pay them for making patches for the game. But as someone who preordered (and already paid for the game) I really hope that this will not happen. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

edit: also I'm pretty sure, that if they put in a half-finished, barely usable RMG, people would complain even more, than with no RMG at all...

Alderbranchh
04-29-2011, 09:27 AM
that was a problem with their pathing though.. which was part of the core game.

Yeah which means it still sucked... Im talking about a good RMG here. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

maybe you just like to wait unnecessarily? we've all been waiting for the game and now will continue to wait for another 5 months for the game. Heroes games have released in the past with good RMGs with the main game (not an exp pack) and there shouldn't be any valid reason not to expect one with the main release unless Ubi intentionally decided to leave it out.

I dont remember being there in heroes 5... or 4 at that if I recall it right. If its not in there for the release of H6 then that is just as normal as it being in there.

As far as I recall most of them suck for the above mentioned problem.

Fyrestorme
04-29-2011, 09:32 AM
I dont remember being there in heroes 5... or 4 at that if I recall it right. If its not in there for the release of H6 then that is just as normal as it being in there.

As far as I recall most of them suck for the above mentioned problem.

it's sad that this is what people remember of heroes now..

Nxss
04-29-2011, 11:18 AM
There is only one Heroes game that I used the RMG and that was the second one. After that, never used the RMG as I just downloaded maps. As long as the editor is pretty easy to deal with, maps should be coming out the wazzoo in the first few months. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

assas_sb
04-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Good maps don't get made fast. A quickly made map is often worse than the RMG maps. Also you have to find a specific map you are looking for (size, teams, etc) which can take a while to wait for http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Nxss
04-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by assas_sb:
Good maps don't get made fast. A quickly made map is often worse than the RMG maps. Also you have to find a specific map you are looking for (size, teams, etc) which can take a while to wait for http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

That's not necessarily true. I have seen some maps for H5 that were incredible made in a couple days. Granted, they were not any bigger than large. It is entirely possible, pending on how the editor is, that there will be some outstanding maps in the first week or so. Even if there is not, the fact that there will be maps, crappy or not, in the first week or so will be a good thing http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

belgarath21
04-29-2011, 01:04 PM
I assume by pathing, you mean how the different sectors of the maps are connected together?

I'm with alderbranch. I want a game that works. I want an RMG to work well when it is incorporated. There is nothing more frustrating than to build a map (with an editor or RMG) then discover it is unplayable or unstable. (I don't like playing a game for several hours only to have it crash on me). (Frequent saves help, but the saves often crashed on me too!)

I think we should also keep in mind that the game will ship with campaigns and a few official scenarios. I'm sure that there will be stuff to keep us busy until our fellow fans create new maps. The existence of a good, stable map editor will further this process by making user-generated maps easier to make and play.

Myster_Guile
05-18-2011, 10:23 PM
Am I the only person that actually remembers buying Heroes III? It didn't come with RMG, that came with Armageddon's Blade, the expansion pack that *gasp* you had to pay more for. I wasn't however, buying AB for the RMG, I bought it for the extra faction, new campaigns, artifacts, heroes and tons of new scenarios. While I'm on the topic, I to this day play H3 and rarely if ever use the RMG, with so many fantastic scenarios that came with it and countless more to be downloaded and hours upon hours of great campaigns, I don't feel compelled to play generic, somewhat playable RMGs.

Alderbranchh
05-19-2011, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Myster_Guile:
Am I the only person that actually remembers buying Heroes III? It didn't come with RMG, that came with Armageddon's Blade, the expansion pack that *gasp* you had to pay more for. I wasn't however, buying AB for the RMG, I bought it for the extra faction, new campaigns, artifacts, heroes and tons of new scenarios. While I'm on the topic, I to this day play H3 and rarely if ever use the RMG, with so many fantastic scenarios that came with it and countless more to be downloaded and hours upon hours of great campaigns, I don't feel compelled to play generic, somewhat playable RMGs.

Most ppl perhaps just bought a bundle and settled wtih that after it was found in a bargain bin... This is merely speculation ofcourse but you are absolutely right.

belgarath21
05-19-2011, 03:08 PM
I actually bought the millenium edition with heroes I, heroes II and the expansion (price of loyalty) and the vanilla game of heroes III. I actually never played the armagaddon's blade and shadow of death expansions, so I never had an RMG for heroes III.

I enjoyed heroes IV and used both the expansions. I loved the map editor. I made a really cool, huge map that permitted me to max out my heroes and build massive armies (several hundred angels, you get the picture).

Heroes III was my favorite, but I expect it to be surpassed by heroes VI. The game is delayed, but the indications are there. Ashan has a much better backstory than the original heroes world and the naga/water faction looks very interesting.

It would be nice to have an RMG at the start, but a stable, usable map editor is more of a priority for me. I'm also sure that an RMG will be added soon, especially given the interest people have expressed in one. We just need to make sure that when the RMG is released that it functions well and doesn't need to be patched multiple times (a la Heroes V).

Myster_Guile
05-22-2011, 03:50 PM
With all this talk about custom maps, just thought I'd say (not sure if anyone else is gonna do this too) that I'm going to be remaking my favorite maps from previous installments for Heroes 6, as best as the new system allows it at least. I actually did that for Heroes 3, remaking my favorite 2 maps but not since then so I'm looking forward to it, never uploaded them before either but I suppose there will probably be demand for them. Some I intend to make are from 2: Arrax the Jerk some others I can't recall the names of off the top of my head, and from 3: Dragon Pass, Brave New World, Crimson and Clover, Knee Deep in the Dead, Tale of Two Lands, and Kingdom for Sale (if theres quest guards only, for obvious reasons).