PDA

View Full Version : and a few carrier suggestion...

aukieboy
09-30-2005, 05:48 AM
First of all i know we shouldn't give too much value to small matters in a great sim, always those what-if statements... but it helps to keep the game alive for everyone so here we go again:

Maybe Oleg and crew could add the following features to the PF carriers (although i've heard he stated that no further development is planned for PF?)

The possibility to put stationary objects on the deck, like a static cam which would make recording decklandings/take offs very interesting.

a decklight to make evening landings somewhat easier. Even Nightlandings might be possible... (the next challenge?)

revolving radars (on the moving carriers at least)

and lastly: a Waving flag (whoeheeeee)

LeOs.K_Walstein
09-30-2005, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by aukieboy:

The possibility to put stationary objects on the deck, like a static cam which would make recording decklandings/take offs very interesting.

and lastly: a Waving flag (whoeheeeee)

Dot we already have it? Next time press Ctr+F1 or Ctr+F2 and repeat pressing until you get there! Or did I understand your question correctly? We are talking about a cam(= camera?).

Have a nice weekend,
Wallstein

AFSG_Bulldog
09-30-2005, 06:58 AM
Well I am not a mission builder but I have been in missions with cameras on the deck and lights on the deck. I have even seen lights in the water (on static carriers). I have even witnessed moving radar dishes. The radar will track the incoming enemy aircraft.

Like I said... I don't make missions so I can't tell you how all of this was accomplished. But I am sure the people who do can.

aukieboy
09-30-2005, 07:41 AM
well is there anyone who can tell me then Cause i don't get it yet

aukieboy
09-30-2005, 07:45 AM
a static camera on the deck of a carrier is new to me though i know á carrier has a cam itself but that is not a seperate static cam like the ones you can put on the airfield... and thats where i'm going to

AFSG_Bulldog
09-30-2005, 07:42 PM
Well you might ask your question in the mission builders forum. I repaint skins and I have always received an honest answer to my repaint questions in the paint scheme forum. Give the mission builders a try.

Taylortony
10-01-2005, 04:18 AM
We give you an honest answer in the paint forum Bulldog? **** we must be slipping... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

VT-51_Razor
10-01-2005, 08:38 AM
The lights and static camera are both very possible with static carriers on a DF map. No waving flag, sorry. I have never seen the radar antennas move on any of the ships, on any of the maps in IL-2. If they ARE moving, I'm sorry I missed them - that would be a cool feature.

For you mission builders out there, try this just for fun http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif : Put an Essex class carrier in a coop, somewhere close to a land base. Give it a very slow speed at it's first two waypoints - say, 5 Kph. Then crank it up to it's max of 56 Kph. Next, put an F4F-4 on the carrier, and give it a takeoff waypoint just off the bow of the ship. Place a flight or two of your (or your squad's) favorite carrier planes on the land base close by.

Run this coop with cockpits off and externals on. The "LSO" will jump into the wildcat, and taxi around to the aft part of the flight deck on the port side, where the LSO's platform is. Park it there with chocks in and fold your wings. This is possible only during that time the carrier is moving slow.

Now, when your boys begin coming aboard, you can turn your cockpit off and it looks just like it would from the LSO's point of view. The Wildcat is small enough that it's hardly noticable from the air (use the three tone camo scheme for the Wildcat) and with the chocks "in", you will not interfere with the landing traffic. They, on the other hand, can kill you quite easily from debris when they hit the fantail! But then, that's what you're there for - to keep them from doing that! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

WTE_Ibis
10-01-2005, 11:11 PM
Good info m8.
Thanks. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

aukieboy
10-02-2005, 10:27 AM
The carrier suggestion I mentioned were ment for moving carriers because it would be really cool to record taking off or landing aircraft with a camera that is actually placed on the carriers deck.. like a ships crew member watching planes take off or land.
But thanks for the replies anyway.

AFSG_Bulldog
10-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Well I have done that too in co-op missions. I would just cycle through the friendly side (shift +F2) and when I got to the carrier (which was moving) I just zoom into the deck and move around with my mouse and watch the landings. I have even moved myself around the carrier until I was standing where the Air Boss would be and watched from there.

VT-51_Razor
10-03-2005, 06:07 PM
Yeah Aukieboy, I agree. That would be a very cool addition. I had asked Luthier, a long time ago, to put a view point for the carrier in either the island up where PriFly would be, or down next to the aft port catwalk where the LSO stands - preferrably both.

The coop I mentioned does the latter very well, and some awsome tracks can be made with it. Let me know if you'd like to have it, and I'll be glad to email it to you.

I also have a couple of good coops/single player missions flying off of the Jeep carriers. There is a little magic you can preform with the .mis file to make them go faster. I have mine cranked up to 38+ knots which allows you to take off with very realistic loadouts with any of the Navy planes. You can also do carrier qualifications on it all day long (provided you don't crash, of course). You can get airborne from just aft of the forward elevator using WEP, and comeing to a stop between the stacks is a snap. With the added speed, it's almost like having a catapult!

Monson74
10-04-2005, 03:42 AM
The Fletcher destroyer has something moving on it - don't know if it's a radar or another device - will check. I would like if we could immunize carriers so having them sunk won't result in an airstart.

aukieboy
10-04-2005, 04:48 AM
Hey the aft port catwalk sounds good...
viewing the incoming planes from slightly below adds even more 'drama' to the scene. I like the dynamic shot sh*t!

aukieboy
10-04-2005, 04:56 AM
By the way: how do you add pictures (.jpg or so)to a message?

VT-51_Razor
10-04-2005, 07:54 AM
You have to have someplace to put them - like a server - and then put a link to them in your message.

My computer skills haven't quite gotten there yet, but some day... Otherwise, I could show you some good ones http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

For the Fletcher, could it be the torpedo launcher in between the stacks? That thing rotates like a turret in RL, maybe it does so in the game as well.

Monson74
10-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by VT-51_Razor:
You have to have someplace to put them - like a server - and then put a link to them in your message.

My computer skills haven't quite gotten there yet, but some day... Otherwise, I could show you some good ones http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

For the Fletcher, could it be the torpedo launcher in between the stacks? That thing rotates like a turret in RL, maybe it does so in the game as well.

No - it's situated rather high between the rear 40mms & the bridge - I think it's some kind of sight because there's a popeye working it.

major_setback
10-05-2005, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by aukieboy:
By the way: how do you add pictures (.jpg or so)to a message?

You must have a picture uploaded on a site for it to show.
you can upload for free at 'photobucket'.

http://www.photobucket.com/

Photobucket how to €¦

Once you€ve registered:

Press €˜search€ to add a pic. You will now be able to browse though the pictures in your own computer. Select the pic that you want to copy to Photobucket. Open the pic by pressing €˜open€.

The file must be smaller than 250 kb. It will be automatically re-sized if not.

Press €˜submit€.

Your picture will appear at the bottom of the page. If it does not then create a new album in the window provided, naming it f ex. €˜Album 01€

Mark and copy the address from the list of 3 image names that can be found besides the image , the one you want is the first one (URL)

(Paste in a Word document if you are saving this link, or attach it to a mail if that€s your intention).

TO ADD TO FB POSTS merely paste the address into where the €˜add picture€ symbol is, at the top of the €˜reply€ page.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif