PDA

View Full Version : Home Port

U6969
01-13-2008, 03:54 AM
Running the out of box version of SH3, in 1940, I get a message that the port is change to St Nazaire but it is not on the map. Do I go back to the port I started from or what??
Thanks, Steve

U6969
01-13-2008, 03:54 AM
Running the out of box version of SH3, in 1940, I get a message that the port is change to St Nazaire but it is not on the map. Do I go back to the port I started from or what??
Thanks, Steve

DarkOmen13
01-13-2008, 07:27 AM
Hi,

Maybe a bug i've never heard of?
Have you patched the game to 1.4b?
If not i'd certainly try that first.

Other than that i have no idea i'm afraid.

D.

Goose_Green
01-13-2008, 07:56 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DarkOmen13:
Hi,

Maybe a bug i've never heard of?
Have you patched the game to 1.4b?
If not i'd certainly try that first.

Other than that i have no idea i'm afraid.

D. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would also check to make sure that you are patched to 1.4

You can download it here (http://www.silent-hunteriii.com/uk/updates.php) Make sure you download the correct version as there are International (EMEA) and US versions as well as the retail (DVD) and download versions too!

U6969
01-13-2008, 12:19 PM
No, that is not it. I have the 1.4 patch, US DVD patch. I did that before I played the game for the first time. There has to be another reason.

DarkOmen13
01-13-2008, 12:46 PM
Very interesting...
Unless you have simply missed it on the map i've no idea i'm afraid as i've never heard of that happening. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif
Sorry i can't be more help.

D.

Kaiser_W
01-13-2008, 02:23 PM
Go to St. Nazaire and press escape, you should be able to dock there without issues.

U6969
01-13-2008, 05:52 PM
That is what I did. I looked to see where St. Nazaire was and sailed into the general area of the port, ended mission did the medals, promotions thing and started a new mission. When I started the mission, St Nazaire was on the map, BUT instead of starting in port the sub started at sea, off the western coast of Africa!!! I started the mission wondering if I would have enough fuel to get home but that turned out to be no problem. I still have to finish this mission so I am interested in seeing where I start next time. I am hoping that now that St Nazaire is on the map that I will start there!!!

Kaiser_W
01-13-2008, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I guess docking wasn't a problem.

There has been a bug in the past where the mission will start you right in the gulf of guinea at 0,0.

geoffwessex
01-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Strange things can happen....
I had been sent from Bergen to South Africa but had a few incidents just getting around UK so called in to port in spain to get some more torpedoes and a top up with fuel. I knew I would just get a "NULL" patrol to follow, but it seemed fairly realistic. Anyway, having docked successfully I left it there for another time. When I got to my next restart the boat was where I left it..... sort of. Only one snag, it was underneath the supply ship. When I started the engines (diesels, so I assume the game thought I was on the surface) I scraped along the bottom of the supply ship for a while until I was eventually clear, though I'd dragged it a mile or so away!