PDA

View Full Version : FW190 A-5

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 05:59 PM
Just bought FB.........

Ive been playing the leningrad campaign from the start, getting fairly familiar with the Bf109 F2 & F4.
They seem improved in FB over the original IL2. The manoeuvrability is still there and I seem to climb easier. I only ever flew the 109 in the original IL2, i never liked the 190 because of its temperamental handling at high AoA.

However during the Leningrad campaign my squadron converted to the FW109 A-5. I decided to try and learn how to fight in this machine. In every book i have read about german fighters The 190 is often regarded as a superior aircraft to the 109, and i looked forward to the extra firepower of the 190.

So i jumped in to the 190 for my first mission eagerly.........

To say i was underwhelmed is an understatement. OK it has a Superior roll rate (something i have yet to get used to)
But it accelerates like a snail and climbs like a gold brick. The 109 F-2 can run rings around this thing.

I don't know if this is historically accurate (its not really that important to me anyway) I would just like to know, from people here in the know, how to fight in the 190 A-5.

I cant get above my enemy
I cant outrun my enemy
I cant outmanoeuvre my enemy

I'd ram him headon if i didn't get killed from a kilometre out by his guns.

How do i fly the FW190 A-5 successfully in battle?

Thanke in advance

Nate

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 05:59 PM
Just bought FB.........

Ive been playing the leningrad campaign from the start, getting fairly familiar with the Bf109 F2 & F4.
They seem improved in FB over the original IL2. The manoeuvrability is still there and I seem to climb easier. I only ever flew the 109 in the original IL2, i never liked the 190 because of its temperamental handling at high AoA.

However during the Leningrad campaign my squadron converted to the FW109 A-5. I decided to try and learn how to fight in this machine. In every book i have read about german fighters The 190 is often regarded as a superior aircraft to the 109, and i looked forward to the extra firepower of the 190.

So i jumped in to the 190 for my first mission eagerly.........

To say i was underwhelmed is an understatement. OK it has a Superior roll rate (something i have yet to get used to)
But it accelerates like a snail and climbs like a gold brick. The 109 F-2 can run rings around this thing.

I don't know if this is historically accurate (its not really that important to me anyway) I would just like to know, from people here in the know, how to fight in the 190 A-5.

I cant get above my enemy
I cant outrun my enemy
I cant outmanoeuvre my enemy

I'd ram him headon if i didn't get killed from a kilometre out by his guns.

How do i fly the FW190 A-5 successfully in battle?

Thanke in advance

Nate

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 06:15 PM
One of the best threads I`ve seen here.

Read`nlearn bud/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=us_il2sturmovik_gd&id=zdbaq

"degustibus non disputandum"

<center>http://carguy.w.interia.pl/tracki/sig23d.jpg

<center>"Weder Tod noch Teufel!"</font>[/B]</center> (http://www.jzg23.de>[B]<font)

Message Edited on 07/27/0307:16PM by carguy_

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 06:23 PM
Stay high, go fast, don't turn! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 06:41 PM
carguy_ wrote:
- One of the best threads I`ve seen here.
-
- Read`nlearn bud

Excellent thread!!! Thanks Carguy for your help!

Nate

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 07:03 PM
Get the patch or wait for the official release.
You'll feel a little...........different(?) about the Wurger.
Trust me.
S!
Chris

http://members.cox.net/miataman1/wurger.bmp

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 07:35 PM
Nate--IRL-- wrote:

In every book i
- have read about german fighters The 190 is often
- regarded as a superior aircraft to the 109, and i
- looked forward to the extra firepower of the 190.

I especialy Like this part

I suppose this guy is whining too ?

LMAO

I Love the FW But I know I could Love it alot more if it was right!!!

<Center><div style="width:700;colorhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gifurple;font-size:14pt;filter:shadow Blur[color=black,strength=11)"><Center>
I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold
I am alive forevermore.
I am the Alpha and the Omega
the Begining and the End.</div> <center>

<center><FONT COLOR="white">ӚFJ M œ R D ˜ ӡ[/i]</FONT>

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 07:35 PM
chris455 wrote:
- Get the patch or wait for the official release.
- You'll feel a little...........different(?) about
- the Wurger.
- Trust me.
- S!
- Chris

oooooh you tease!

Nate

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 07:44 PM
Locust_161st wrote:
- I suppose this guy is whining too ?

Guess you missed this part......

"I don't know if this is historically accurate (its not really that important to me anyway) I would just like to know, from people here in the know, how to fight in the 190 A-5. "

I'm not whining, i don't know enough about WW2 aircraft to whine (i've only read a few books, nothing with much detail). I just want know how to play the game with the 190.

Nate

XyZspineZyX
07-27-2003, 08:23 PM
"How do i fly the FW190 A-5 successfully in battle?"

You don't ! Muahahahahaha

At least not in IL2FB current release.

And if you fly it full real (cockpit on) you will never be able to see enough for a deflection shot (unless if you fly inverted all times).

The most succesfull online fighters I saw on a FW190 lowered flaps, fly at near stall speed 30m above the ground weaving slowly.
The bandits who tried to stay behind them crushed the moment the pressed the trigger (guns recoil= stall).

I do not think you can use this technik off-line. I read in the forum that AI planes do not recoil.

The good news about the A5 is that it has enough guns and ammo to obliterate anything you want.