PDA

View Full Version : Is Maddox Games still viable?

dbuff
03-06-2008, 06:33 AM
Here's a news quote from long ago at Combat Sim.

Made me wonder if Maddox Games is actually going to publish any more games.

News Friday March 15, 2002
Exclusive: Three New Projects from IC: Maddox Games Revealed
Silent Hunter II & Destroyer Command Patch Update
Ghost Recon: Desert Siege Goes Gold
World Wide Web War Expands
Platoon Unveiled
New Strategy For UK Ground Based Air Defence
Merlins and HMS Ark Royal Working Together
Evolved Sea Sparrow Intercepts Target At Sea
Lockheed Martin Successfully Fires ATACMS Missile From HIMARS Launcher
PC News
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COMBATSIM.COM has received details behind IC: Maddox Games' next three projects. The first project in development by 1C and 1C:Maddox Games (creators of award winning IL-2 Sturmovik), is WW II RTS (working title). WW II RTS is a real-time tactical strategy depicting the most significant battles of World War II during 1941 - 1945. Players will command a special task force composed of different kinds of units, including tanks, APCs, field guns, mortars, various infantry regiments, etc. Human resources management, detailed troops micromanagement, exceptionally high level of detalization, amazing visual and sound effects, historical accuracy and realism, unique AI algorythms and immersive engine based cutscenes are key features of this project. 1C Company will present prototype of the game at E3 2002 exhibition taking place in Los Angeles, May 22-24. Click here for exclusive screenshots from WWII RTS.

Oleg Maddox tells us that they are busy on these three new projects and will split their team in two parts. One team will focus on RTS, while the other focusses on flight simulators. Oleg has revealed to COMBATSIM.COM that IC:Maddox is working on two new flight sim titles. The first flight sim is a IL-2 follow-on product, which will be based on modified IL-2 engine and will be released this year. The second flight simulator is completely new, and it will use the best features of IL-2 and will have many more new features for single and online play. In general, they are currently working with concept, documents and 3D engine for this sim. The unnamed new simulator will have a new 3D engine and the graphics from WW II RTS shows how it approximately will look . The new simulater will be released when ready or when defined by publisher, but not this year, for sure. We will keep you posted on the official info from the publisher.

Whatever the case, I say I hope you actually do bring your work to market - I hope it brings you success.
Thanks for past 6+ years of supplying enjoymnet for those with an appreciation of your work. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

dbuff
03-06-2008, 06:33 AM
Here's a news quote from long ago at Combat Sim.

Made me wonder if Maddox Games is actually going to publish any more games.

News Friday March 15, 2002
Silent Hunter II & Destroyer Command Patch Update
Ghost Recon: Desert Siege Goes Gold
World Wide Web War Expands
Platoon Unveiled
New Strategy For UK Ground Based Air Defence
Merlins and HMS Ark Royal Working Together
Evolved Sea Sparrow Intercepts Target At Sea
Lockheed Martin Successfully Fires ATACMS Missile From HIMARS Launcher
PC News
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COMBATSIM.COM has received details behind IC: Maddox Games' next three projects. The first project in development by 1C and 1C:Maddox Games (creators of award winning IL-2 Sturmovik), is WW II RTS (working title). WW II RTS is a real-time tactical strategy depicting the most significant battles of World War II during 1941 - 1945. Players will command a special task force composed of different kinds of units, including tanks, APCs, field guns, mortars, various infantry regiments, etc. Human resources management, detailed troops micromanagement, exceptionally high level of detalization, amazing visual and sound effects, historical accuracy and realism, unique AI algorythms and immersive engine based cutscenes are key features of this project. 1C Company will present prototype of the game at E3 2002 exhibition taking place in Los Angeles, May 22-24. Click here for exclusive screenshots from WWII RTS.

Oleg Maddox tells us that they are busy on these three new projects and will split their team in two parts. One team will focus on RTS, while the other focusses on flight simulators. Oleg has revealed to COMBATSIM.COM that IC:Maddox is working on two new flight sim titles. The first flight sim is a IL-2 follow-on product, which will be based on modified IL-2 engine and will be released this year. The second flight simulator is completely new, and it will use the best features of IL-2 and will have many more new features for single and online play. In general, they are currently working with concept, documents and 3D engine for this sim. The unnamed new simulator will have a new 3D engine and the graphics from WW II RTS shows how it approximately will look . The new simulater will be released when ready or when defined by publisher, but not this year, for sure. We will keep you posted on the official info from the publisher.

Whatever the case, I say I hope you actually do bring your work to market - I hope it brings you success.
Thanks for past 6+ years of supplying enjoymnet for those with an appreciation of your work. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif