PDA

View Full Version : Nevermind I'm an idiot.

Zen_Budha
11-10-2005, 04:31 AM
Nevermind I found the info elsewhere. Looks like I'm not going to be able to fly online anymore with just IL2:FB

Can't afford to buy any expansion packs. Wish they wouldn't merge them like that. Makes people like me who are strapped for cash unable to fully enjoy the things we do have.

Should be a if you don't have the expansion packs you simply cannot fly the new planes.

Oh well maybe next payday I'll have enough left over to find a cheap copy of AEP, and PF. Doubtfull though as I'm already behind. Gotta eat before I can fly. lol

x6BL_Brando
11-10-2005, 04:51 AM
Unfortunately the whole online scene has moved quite a way on since you last played http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I'd estimate that 99% of the games in Hyperlobby are using the most up-to-date version of the sim - FB + the Aces Expansion Pack (a paid add-on) + Pacific Fighters, all patched up to Version 4.02m (m=merged). Pacific Fighters can also be used as a stand-alone game.

You might have more luck with the Ubi.com arenas, where there may be people still hosting the original game. But it's a long time since AEP came out, so you may well be able to pick up the disc very cheaply depending on where you live.

I can only tell you that finding some way of getting the last 3 discs is very worthwhile. The sim has moved on a long way. I hope your finances recover soon

Cheers,

Brando

Zen_Budha
11-10-2005, 05:04 AM
Oh I have no doubt they are worth it. I think I saw the AEP for like $15 somewhere like EBGames. However that + whatever PF costs plus the gas to drive an hour to the nearest EBGames since I haven't seen it at the local wall mart. All in all will end up being not too cheap.

Can't order online either as I have no CC or even a checking account. I'm one of those poor sods you see standing in line at the grocery store on friday trying to cash his check. Which is 90% gone within 24 hours.

Guess I need to find a hobby more in tune with my social status...like drinking beer on the front porch. lol

F19_Ob
11-10-2005, 06:16 AM
If I could I'd send U the expansionpacks m8.
Unfortunately my cashflow is lacking horribly.

hope U luck out some how.....

msalama
11-10-2005, 06:20 AM
Yeah, but beer costs too. So how about putting up a savings plan - like, you know, just put $10 aside every month and presto! In a couple of months you've got the whole nine yards http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

MLudner
11-10-2005, 12:14 PM
Zen Budha, my e-mail address is aetivs@charter.net

E-mail me ASAP and I'll give you a hand.

nickdanger3
11-10-2005, 12:17 PM
Try ebay

Zen_Budha
11-10-2005, 04:07 PM
Actually I went to Wal-Mart today to get some food stuff, and whipped through the electronics isle. They didn't have the AEP but they had PF.

Looks like the system requirements have changed. On the minimum it needs 512mb and preferably 1gb.

So looks like I need a memory upgrade as well. Probably amounts to addng in some more details that I won't notice while trying to shake bogeys off my 6. lol.

Of course even with IL: FB I had the graphics pretty cranked down as it was. I'd rather have smooth gameplay than jerky anyday.

That or maybe it's just me and the requirements haven't changed. Seems I'm under the gun memory wise for any new game. Got the mhz, and video card just not the memory. lol.

Ah well I'll probably need the time it takes me to save up enough to rebuff my skills. Ace AI was giving me hades earlier. Used to be just a matter of how many I could kill before I ran out of ammo. Now I only get 2 or 3 out of 5.

BaldieJr
11-10-2005, 04:14 PM
How to make a fortune with $16.00

Take $10 to the flea market and buy some junk.
Put the junk on ebay.
Ship it to the people who bought your eclectic collection of collectible items.
Take $10 of the profits and set it aside for more flea marketing/ebaying.
Spend the rest on yourself.
Repeat as necessary.

That'll be $5 please. Oh, and get yourself a cup of coffee.

jds1978
11-10-2005, 06:39 PM
How to make a fortune with $16.00

Take $10 to the flea market and buy some junk.
Put the junk on ebay.
Ship it to the people who bought your eclectic collection of collectible items.
Take $10 of the profits and set it aside for more flea marketing/ebaying.
Spend the rest on yourself.
Repeat as necessary.

That'll be $5 please. Oh, and get yourself a cup of coffee

LOL, my friend used to do that exact thing!