PDA

View Full Version : Revelations new animation technology

juancapuron
08-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Watching the gamescom demo i couldnt see a difference between brotherhood, but it was supoposed to look similar to LA Noire right?

naran6142
08-24-2011, 08:51 PM
ya i think it was called mocam or something

juancapuron
08-24-2011, 08:54 PM
Yes but it doesnt look at all like LA Noire technology

Calvarok
08-24-2011, 09:49 PM
It actually looked really good, it just wasn't synced perfectly to the dialogue. Hopefully this will be fixed up by launch.

Anyways, it's not the exact same tech as the LA Noire thing, it uses similar elements like the facial capturing, but it also relies heavily on traditional animation.

cw3214
08-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Still though, you have to be disappointed with the end result considering that they mentioned that the technology was very similar to what was used in L.A. Noire. The first time I played L.A. Noire I was blown away by the realism of the faces. I was anticipating AC:R having that same type of effect on me, but based off of the Gamescom demo that doesn't look to be the case.

However, I have never liked any game franchise as much as the Assassin's Creed franchise so whatever comes out I am sure will be breathtaking.

odovoro
08-24-2011, 10:45 PM
if you will compare AC BH to AC R gameplay i'm sure you will see the difference
luckily for me i don't need to compare to see that AC R is way better http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif