PDA

View Full Version : Release date postponed to Sep 8th

cossacking
04-20-2011, 07:11 AM
As reported by forum managers in http://forums-fr.ubi.com/eve/f...241070229#2241070229 (http://forums-fr.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7501009903/m/7881072778?r=2241070229#2241070229) and later in http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...060878/m/4691069519, (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5861060878/m/4691069519,) the release date for MMH6 has been postponed to September 8th, 2011.

Official announcement: http://might-and-magic.ubi.com...6424&ct=tcm:6-231-32 (http://might-and-magic.ubi.com/heroes-6/en-GB/news/details.aspx?c=tcm:21-16424&ct=tcm:6-231-32)

Now what this plain fact says to the community?

On 11th March, Ubisoft announces that the time of release is confirmed to be the second part of June (2011), precisely:

On June 24 in the UK.
On June 22 in Germany.
On June 23 in Europe.
On June 21 in the US.
And thus giving the developers (Black Hole Entertainment) 3 months of time - definitely not enough to do anything else than some finishing touches.

And now, merely one month later, the release date is shifted by roughly 2,5 months without giving any reasoning except for a generic reply "any decision to postpone the release will not have been taken lightly, and it most certainly will not have been for the financial reasons".

(Ignore the parts in italics and remember that these are ONLY speculations)
As I, a loyal fan of the Heroes series in the past, believing that after HoMM 4 and 5 the MMH6 can only be better and pre-ordering as soon as I saw the information and had the opportunity, understand it, there are two possible scenarios:

1. Being careless
Having in mind that MMH6 is a long awaited sequel to the ever-popular Heroes series, which is supposedly one of the most popular TBS games, Ubisoft decides that, since Heroes 5 managed to get more love than hate over time it does not really matter how you treat customers, the game will have great reviews and good sales regardless, so making false announcements should not be worried about (and especially, frowned upon by customers).
2. Miscommunication with the developers
a) Demand the release date
b) Publish it at once
c) Talk with the developers
d) Correct mistakes
This short scenario would indicate there will be much trouble with mostly everything before and after the game is released.

However, I still believe that MMH6 just cannot be bad, even though there are many gameplay facts/features I do not like (but that is another story) and I will not cancel my preorder.

And I am still waiting for a reason why this had to happen.

Iglocska
04-20-2011, 07:15 AM
The reason should be obvious - the developers didn't feel that their game was ready to be shipped just yet and asked for more time to work on it. Unlike what happens with most such requests though, Ubisoft granted them the extra time to polish the game. Kudos to them, sucks for us in the short run.

However, considering that it's a game we'll be playing for the next 3-5 years at least, I'd rather see it shape up to the standards that the developers are satisfied with.

RottaranOwain
04-20-2011, 07:27 AM
Wasn't there a bunch of worry over town windows, and other stuff of the like? What's to say that this the developers is considering the fanbase, who will likely be playing the game for years to come?

You'd think Might and Magic fans would know by now what happens when you don't give a long enough development cycle for games, considering the series history. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

cossacking
04-20-2011, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by Iglocska:
The reason should be obvious - the developers didn't feel that their game was ready to be shipped just yet and asked for more time to work on it. Unlike what happens with most such requests though, Ubisoft granted them the extra time to polish the game. Kudos to them, sucks for us in the short run.

However, considering that it's a game we'll be playing for the next 3-5 years at least, I'd rather see it shape up to the standards that the developers are satisfied with.

Well, then I must say that I feel we should get the beta date (at least an ETA) now that the release date has been shifted.

Originally posted by RottaranOwain:
Wasn't there a bunch of worry over town windows, and other stuff of the like? What's to say that this the developers is considering the fanbase, who will likely be playing the game for years to come?

You'd think Might and Magic fans would know by now what happens when you don't give a long enough development cycle for games, considering the series history. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Yeah, and we also know what happens when developers listen to the fan base: HoMM 4 is the most hated game in the series.
I must point out that all the experimental features, starting with heroes in combat made into the game ONLY thanks to the fan base. Or have you already forgotten?

Asterisk
04-20-2011, 07:51 AM
Black Hole lacks resources to finish the game on time and they don't want to repeat the failure of Disciples 3. That's all.

That doesn't mean that MMH6 will be a great game though. 4 months is still a little of time for the beta testing which hasn't even started.

Alderbranchh
04-20-2011, 07:59 AM
Public beta-testing is always more of a marketing-issue than anything else.

I hope everyone remember that when the game was announced (gamescom '10) then it had been in production for some time already.
Mostly as some ppl (myself included) was among the first to try a playable version of Heroes 6 at gamescom.

So to give the game approximatly another year is still not that much and its awesome they go for quality instead of rushing it to meet some sort imaginary customer demand.

Dreamwright
04-20-2011, 08:08 AM
I cannot understand anyone who would oppose a delay for quality. Only somebody who knows literally nothing about the recent history of the series would take issue with such a decision, so here is a brief lesson:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Cepheus_03/H4MultiRelease.png?t=1303308420

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Cepheus_03/H5AmbitionFail.png?t=1303308458

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Cepheus_03/H5SaveHeroes.png?t=1303308458

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Cepheus_03/H5CrapGrammar.png?t=1303308456

Heroes doesn't need another substandard or incomplete game. If the developers need time to complete H6, give it to them for God's sake.

skrym3
04-20-2011, 08:59 AM
They can have all the time in the world. I pre ordered specifically for beta access. I could give 2 ****s about anything else. It's not like they will be SOLD OUT for months to come.

We were baited and then they changed the release date. It's bull**** and unless people cancel preorders they will continue to do **** like this.

cossacking
04-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Dreamwright:
I cannot understand anyone who would oppose a delay for quality. Only somebody who knows literally nothing about the recent history of the series would take issue with such a decision, so here is a brief lesson:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z199/Cepheus_03/H4MultiRelease.png?t=1303308420

You cannot deny that was a large part due to 3DO (at that time in process of) going bankrupt. The whole rush, the completely missing multiplayer & things like that.
And then they still went bankrupt.

Dreamwright
04-20-2011, 09:36 AM
I don't deny it, it's just a great way of illustrating that time is a precious commodity in development.

Originally posted by skrym3:
They can have all the time in the world. I pre ordered specifically for beta access.

You will get beta access if you preordered. No need to propagate wild rumours. I could be wrong, but I estimate it will be available within 30 days at most.

najmul88
04-20-2011, 10:35 AM
I swear down, was so hyped up, if they release the game by september THEY BETTER drop radiant ****ing glories, put osme armour on the priestesses, drop the GREEN on the wowturd necros, dop the liches, drop the ice maiden, drop the tormenter, redesign the cliche Juggernaut, sort the ****ing costume party praetorian and crossbowman head eagle, Sort the ****ty names out on MOST the units, DEFINITELY add another 2 factions, release a BETA so we can tell you if you cocked up, and finally a random map generator, 4 months is AMPLE time for this otherwise that is RIDICULOUS. 100% bad decision to move this game near diablo as DIABLO will EAT the pc gaming market upon release... shockingly dissapointed... and TOWN SCREENS wtf? where are they?? SORT IT OUT LARRIES

Asterisk
04-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Hmm... I like liches. Not that green though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

znork
04-20-2011, 10:58 AM
Wow you are harder to read then me najmul88 wiche i must say is quit somthing. with all the caps and the swering

You are asking for a lot of things. 2 factions not gonna happen to littel time. RMG would be very nice but that is for an expantion i would belive or hope. Heros 6 in september is loong away from d3 relase. And well ill asume will not get anymore news on the town screen due to the delay of the game.

RakothMaugrim
04-20-2011, 11:55 AM
How were we baited by the Beta? I haven't seen official word we are not getting one.

I still expect my beta, and if they break their contract, I will be forced to see about the pre-order. They haven't broken anything yet, so please, cut the nerd rage.

I work in software development, I do this stuff for a living. All the features you are asking for are NOT possible in 4 months. (unless they have 100 devs, but I doubt it).

I want a polished and finished game, not a game that only got better after 2 expantions (homm5). I quit that game only to pick it up once Expac 2 hit, because it was released unfinished.

Kuddos to them for spending more on my product, kuddos to them for taking the hard way out.

Shawn85
04-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by najmul88:
I swear down, was so hyped up, if they release the game by september THEY BETTER drop radiant ****ing glories, put osme armour on the priestesses, drop the GREEN on the wowturd necros, dop the liches, drop the ice maiden, drop the tormenter, redesign the cliche Juggernaut, sort the ****ing costume party praetorian and crossbowman head eagle, Sort the ****ty names out on MOST the units, DEFINITELY add another 2 factions, release a BETA so we can tell you if you cocked up, and finally a random map generator, 4 months is AMPLE time for this otherwise that is RIDICULOUS. 100% bad decision to move this game near diablo as DIABLO will EAT the pc gaming market upon release... shockingly dissapointed... and TOWN SCREENS wtf? where are they?? SORT IT OUT LARRIES

Whats wrong with liches and ice maidens? I think radiant glories are cool (too cool for Haven). Two factions is impossible, besides if there in this game they would be headed by Griffin heroes *vomits. Other than that I agree with everything you've said. Anyways. So everybody thought that we would finally get beta access or atleast some info on it today, instead we get a delay announcement. lol @ us...

sanctuary.gr
04-20-2011, 12:53 PM
it is just impossible in five function every heroes 6 player to agree with each unit.
in heroes 5 for example many people did not like the fact that hydras where tier 5 and minotaurs tier 3.
they preferd them as they were in heroes 3 (5 and 7).
in heroes 3 some disliked elemental faction and to be more specific the fact that you had to upgrade your units to become ranged.
now people do not like some units like radiant of glory and tormentor (which i like a lot)
and when other people try to make their own fanction for academy and elves (reason just fun) they still say they do not like this and that.
with all of these i want to say just stop complainig.
YOU ARE NOT THE DESIGNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
say an opinion is welcome but whining about everything omg.
there is no way you like everything even if it was your game after finishing it you wiould find out something you could do better.
just try to see the games unity and upon that make comments.
w8 the beta to play it a little.
thx

Fever_K
04-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Dreamwright:
I cannot understand anyone who would oppose a delay for quality.
[...]
Heroes doesn't need another substandard or incomplete game. If the developers need time to complete H6, give it to them for God's sake.

Nice way to get around the problem. What you wrote would be all wise and sharable, IF they didn't give us official release dates less than one month ago.

To quote a part what you said, "if the developers need more time to complete the game"... THEN DON'T F***ING START PREORDERS ANNOUNCING OFFICIAL DATES when you know (and they knew it even 20 days go!) that the game won't be ready before September, "for God's sake"!

Dreamwright, the "a better game is better" argument is pretty tautological and of course no one wants another H5, but you have to consider other points of view. For example I, as a customer who preordered, for sure wouldn't have spent my money in March, knowing that the game will come after summer.
What I'm contesting here is the lack of seriousness by developers, who teased us with false release dates in order to make all the fuss with preorders, collectors etc., and two weeks afterwards postponed the game from June to September! WTF!? Does it look like a remotely serious way to treat buyers to you?

Shawn85
04-20-2011, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Fever_K:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dreamwright:
I cannot understand anyone who would oppose a delay for quality.
[...]

Nice way to get around the problem. What you wrote would be all wise and sharable, IF they didn't give us official release dates less than one month ago.

To quote a part what you said, "if the developers need more time to complete the game"... THEN DON'T F***ING START PREORDERS ANNOUNCING OFFICIAL DATES when you know (and they knew it even 20 days go!) that the game won't be ready before September, "for God's sake"!

Dreamwright, the "a better game is better" argument is pretty tautological and of course no one wants another H5, but you have to consider other points of view. For example I, as a customer who preordered, for sure wouldn't have spent my money in March, knowing that the game will come after summer.
What I'm contesting here is the lack of seriousness by developers, who teased us with false release dates in order to make all the fuss with preorders, collectors etc., and two weeks afterwards postponed the game from June to September! WTF!? Does it look like a remotely serious way to treat buyers to you? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

10 out of 10 post.

znork
04-20-2011, 03:14 PM
Games get delayed all the time. And i belive its a muche bether why to hande the custemors by releasing fhinihsed games.

The only point i see is that there could be more information too you as custemors. There will be a beta we dont know when. There is no offical realse of why. So i agree there should be bether information. But being angry of the a delayed game i realy dont get. You should be rejoycing and jump around beeing happy.

This is the best news for the game i have heard in a loong while.

Dreamwright
04-20-2011, 03:29 PM
As far as we were concerned the game could've gone gold in June. Getting the go-ahead for a delay is a far more difficult and uncoordinated process than you suggest and I'm sure June was a certainty when the preorders started. "A better game is better" is, contrary to your flippancy, something one can rarely use as clout when it comes to Ubisoft, and even rarer in the case of HoMM recently. You can see SaveHeroes for yourself above. For the record, I preordered too and I'm just as entitled as you are to rage and gripe about a few months' inconvenience. On the other hand, I would rather see a couple of hissy fits over a delayed game than regret and misery over a gruesome, unfinished nail in the TBS coffin like Elemental: War of Magic or Disciples III.

I apologise and empathise with you if you ordered on the pretence that it was absolutely essential the game got released no later than June, and I never claimed it was acceptable or professional practice. I, however, find opposition to extra development time counterproductive in the extreme. There's double guarantee that it's a product worth buying. If it isn't, there's double mandate to complain. Something like this is worth celebrating over, not whining.

Also you blame the developers for lack of professionalism whereas this is the publishers' fault, if anyone's.

10 out of 10 post.

Right back at you, Shawn.

Asterisk
04-20-2011, 03:56 PM
I, however, find opposition to extra development time counterproductive in the extreme.

Who is opposing extra development time?

*cricket* *cricket*

This is not at all what that "rage" is all about.

RakothMaugrim
04-20-2011, 03:58 PM
In all seriousness, why not have a pre-order? How does the date change anything with the fact that all the pre-order material is done, the marketing team is ready to go and etc... etc...

We aren't even talking about within a company, where this is commonplace, but with two different entities. They went forward with the marketing message, and the date the marketing team was given, even IF the release date was being negotiated within the Project Management team, the marketing team has it's own deadlines, and they were told to go ahead with it, and work on something else.

The delay affects the development, but other teams involved have their own timeline. You can't change a support teams schedule, they have other projects and other deliverables, because the dev team asked for more time. Pre-order went ahead, with the wrong date. When the Project management team finally decided what the REAL date would be, they update the date for all of us.

Release dates are not easy to set, you need to predict a lot of things, and when changing it, you need to repeat all that planning you did initially. It can take up to two weeks JUST to figure out what the new date would have been. Especially using the developers estimates and buffering for bugs that may, or may not take time. Some bugs are 1 line changes, and half a day of testing. Others are a week or work, and a week of testing, you don't EVER have perfect information.

And sometimes, mistakes are made, and we pay for them with our own little schedule.

Shawn85
04-20-2011, 05:22 PM
Does dreamwright have an off button? In all honesty everything that needs to be said already has been, so I don't see any point in trying to reason with you. I'm satisfied the majority of the posters on this thread have a functional sense of business ethics and are raising their concerns.

Fever_K
04-20-2011, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Asterisk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I, however, find opposition to extra development time counterproductive in the extreme.
Who is opposing extra development time?
*cricket* *cricket*
This is not at all what that "rage" is all about. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Indeed. I think you missed the point, Dreamwright, as game quality and extra development time were never under debate.
On the other hand, what needs to be seriously revised is their marketing strategy and the way they treat (should I say "cheat") customers.

Posting official dates (On June 24 in the UK, on June 22 in Germany..) differs a lot from random release targets like "March 2011" or "Spring 2011", especially if they start preordering after the (misleading) announcement.

In addition, they are also treating us with profoud disrespect. They didn't provide a single reason for the delay, they just said: "release dates were wrong, you'll get a better game in September" and that's all. All that we (who already paid for the game) deserve, after a 3-months-postponement out of the blue?

But there is an even more hilarious thing in my eyes!
You say that many games nowadays get delayed. Does it usually happen after official dates and preordering? If that's the case, have you ever thought that one of the reasons for this misbehaviour may be addressed to some customers who, instead of complaining to the cheating company, propose rejoycing and jump around being happy and consider this disrespectful treatment something worth celebrating over!?
That is the pinnacle of the paradox to me, and since I'm a logical person, I refuse to venture any further into something so far from my way of thinking. It was nice to exchange opinions anyway.

spydrmunkie
04-20-2011, 07:33 PM
I partly agree with Fever_K. My feeling is not upset that they are postponing the game to make it better, that makes me happy but it does feel very misleading to have dates out and pre-orders available just to change them not long after releasing this information initially. And if they are going to change it I would be ok with that if there was some sort of information/consideration to those of us who have been looking forward to this game and its release.

I have been playing computer games for some time and I don't remember(remember is key, I am not saying it doesn't happen) when a game has been delayed like this after official release dates(not time periods) have been given with pre-orders made.

Either way I hope that Heroes VI is released and is spectacular, I just wish there was some better flow of information to the fans of this great game series who have been waiting the next chapter to be released. It would be nice to have information about something that I have already purchased, after all I did purchase the beta key and the Might and Magic Kingdoms 30 day subscription and yet I don't know when I will be able to acquire what I have spent my money towards.

Thanks for listening/reading.

Tomego
04-20-2011, 07:46 PM
I for one was extremely disappointed/frustrated with the change in the release date.

I preordered the game in March expecting to get into the beta in April. From what I had read on forums, etc. that is what I concluded and when I later read about April 20 I was excited to get my hands on HOMM. I love the series and am an enthusiastic fan. I feel like they did the old bait and switch routine, illegal, with regards to hyping the game, selling the game and then changing the release date.

Yes, you can argue that releasing at a later date will prove a better game but you slighted the fans. I don't care if there are some bugs in the game, let me play a beta. Isn't that what a closed beta is for to find and resolve bugs? I imagine that if they were thinking they could release the game in June that they have a workable game already. Give us the game. Yeah, you might change stuff for balance, yes you might decide to change some units and yes we might rage over the game crashing on us but at least we have something to bite our teeth into.

What am I going to do? I am seriously considering canceling my preorder. If I am not going to get anything to August why pay the money that I could put towards another game to play in the meantime?

Dreamwright
04-21-2011, 02:37 AM
Although there are many posters who see the point, I can see a fair share of others upset about it, looking for some justification and reasoning on the delay (post #1 of this thread) and expressing disappointment or frustration that it happened, which is natural. And there actually is raw opposition to it as well. But the simple fact that there is a delay, alone, should not even call for justification beyond "a better game is better", as you put it, nor should those wild rumours about the beta being postponed to months in the future be prevalent.

However I like to think I also have some sense of logic, and the marketing strategy and preordering mess I'm certainly not out to defend (I said in my previous post that it's not acceptable, and I don't remember saying otherwise anywhere else). I'm not about to try and explain it either since it's the publisher's doing and not developer unprofessionalism. As to the more confrontational question, I don't know if I have an off button, but if there is one it's surely below the pancreas or the liver.

znork
04-21-2011, 02:44 AM
If you want to whine about anything right now i sugest you start using youre energy on demanding som news about the beta.

I do belive the people who preorded the game desevres at least som news about the beta. But as the reaction to this crowed proves its hard to give out inoformation.

Thunion
04-21-2011, 03:11 AM
Games get delayed all the time.
Diablo 3.

Jinny-chan
04-21-2011, 05:52 AM
Bye Bye preorder http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif 6 month from original date is little too much for me

Welcome again Age of Conan http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Asterisk
04-21-2011, 05:54 AM
@ Thunion
From Diablo 3 FAQ

When will Diablo III be released?
It's too early to estimate Diablo III's release date. As with all Blizzard Entertainment games, our goal is to create a game that is as fun, balanced, and polished as possible. We intend to take as much time developing Diablo III as is necessary to ensure the game meets our own high expectations and those of our players. We're aiming to release Diablo III on both Mac and Windows simultaneously in as many regions as possible, and to localize the game in several languages. We'll have more details to share about countries, languages, and specific dates as we get closer to release.

Do you see anything different from MMH6? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

rouher1975
04-21-2011, 06:07 AM
Do you see anything different from MMH6?
Just remind me when Activision (Blizzard's puplisher) set date for game, announced exclusive beta for preorder owners and postponed release date.

Thunion
04-21-2011, 06:09 AM
Do you see anything different from MMH6?
So far only the time it is delayed.Hope MMH6 wont be realesed in 2012.

Fever_K
04-21-2011, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Thunion:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Games get delayed all the time.
Diablo 3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can we please stop using other titles as an excuse? In this case, even a bad excuse.

The difference between Diablo 3 and Heroes VI is that when Blizzard opened pre-orders, they stated this: It's too early for us to estimate Diablo III's release date. We intend to take as much time developing Diablo III as is necessary to ensure the game meets our own high expectations and those of our players. We'll have more details to share about countries, languages, and specific dates as we get closer to release. You can still read this (with more details!) in the FAQ of their official site.

Ubisoft instead opened pre-orders with this:
Might&Magic Heroes VI will be out End of June 2011!
On June 24 in the UK
On June 22 in Germany
On June 23 in Europe
On June 21 in the US
And we all know how the story continued.
Please notice that Blizzard spent more words informing the possible pre-orderers than Ubisoft did yesterday after the announcement of a 3-months-delay.

Those are perfect examples of how to treat and NOT to treat your buyers. I fail to see how those delays could even be comparable.

Tomego
04-21-2011, 07:37 AM
But as the reaction to this crowed proves its hard to give out inoformation.

It is hard to give out information? Last time I checked one of the main issues here is the LACK of communication. I think lots of people would not be as angry is they would say, hey we are sorry that you are unhappy about the change date BUT we are planning to release the beta on such and such a date. I know for me that would fix a lot of the problems. With all the rampant rumors going around in the forum it would be nice to lay to rest some of them.

And Diablo 3 never had an official release date, which is why I did not preorder it.

Asterisk
04-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Can we please stop using other titles as an excuse? In this case, even a bad excuse.

And Diablo 3 never had an official release date, which is why I did not preorder it.

Bingo.

leeboy26
04-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Goddammit. On the 8th September I'm going back to 1955 in my time-travelling DeLorean to stop Biff Tannen from altering the future with the sports almanac from 2015.

Thanks for nothing, jerks.

Shawn85
04-21-2011, 11:55 AM
lollercaust

Ro.Floro
04-21-2011, 12:11 PM
@Asterisk
About Diablo 3. That faq is as old as the first press release about the game which is 2007, if I'm not mistaking...
Diablo is scheduled for the 4th Quarter of 2011...

Metamagician
04-21-2011, 12:38 PM
This is good, probably they are gonna remove many female units so the armies resembles armies and not anime boob cartoons...

gabriel_eugen
04-21-2011, 12:55 PM
I am as almost everyone, extremely disappointed. It was a good idea to wait until I will made the preorder. Most probably I will wait until the game is released(let's hope this year-nothing can surprise me anymore). Indeed, the BIG problem is not the fact that they are changing the release date, but the lack of communication. Someone is even paid as a spokesman ?! I guess they are saving cost and there is no spokesman. In this case, please hire one. You already screw up the relation with the fans, don't destroy it definitely! Lots of us will be more and ore disappointed. Save now while it is still a small chance, give us some real explanations and soon(maximum 3 days since the delay was announced)!

PS: I can not believe this way of making business, you look like some amateurs.

Sorceresss
04-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by Metamagician:

[...P]robably they are gonna remove many female units so the armies resembles armies and not anime boob cartoons.

As a 24-year-old female, I find nothing metamagical in such a blatantly gross and sexist opinion.

I was tempted to report your post, but I chose the direct approach.

I wonder why you seem to have such an issue with the biological constraint which determines that women must have very obviously distinctive features.

Metamagician
04-21-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Sorceresss:
I wonder why you seem to have such an issue with the biological constraint which determines that women must have very obviously distinctive features.

Wrong framing honey, nobody is buying it:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1060878/m/3331098129 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5861060878/m/3331098129)

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1060878/m/2781097129 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5861060878/m/2781097129)

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1060878/m/8451074129 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5861060878/m/8451074129)

RottaranOwain
04-21-2011, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Metamagician:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sorceresss:

Wrong framing honey, nobody is buying it:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1060878/m/3331098129 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5861060878/m/3331098129)

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1060878/m/2781097129 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5861060878/m/2781097129)

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1060878/m/8451074129 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5861060878/m/8451074129) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...2 of those links are threads forums posted by the same person, and the third is by you...

And the thread by you is complaining that the thread that was "censored" despite that it was quite clearly a repeat thread made by the same person. Just what kind of statement are you trying to show with these links?

Kartabon
04-22-2011, 03:14 AM
Guys I'm not going to erase your posts and such, but trust me, if you keep talking about females in H6 in this way I will take some moderating actions.

OmegaZoa
04-22-2011, 08:44 AM
honestly i do not see why people complaining about females, are they sexist or something?

leeboy26
04-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by OmegaZoa:
honestly i do not see why people complaining about females, are they sexist or something?

I agree. The amount of sexism and chauvinism in this thread makes me sick.

Anyway, so what female unit do you guys think is the hottest? The sister is pretty fine cos she reminds me of a catholic school girl I used to date but it didn't work out cos she was pretty right-wing and I was 16 years older than she was. The Succubus would be fun and I like redheads but duuuude you wouldn't trust her on a night out with her friends. Snow maiden is hot but I reckon she'd never put out even if you bought her a basket of muffins. A Fate Spinner would be one of those really focused high-maintanence types that tell you what you're doing wrong in bed. Yeesh I am so sick of those.

Thoughts?

belgarath21
04-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Hello everyone, Just for some background I live in the US and I am a 36 year old male(i.e. I have played the original Dungeons and Dragons pen and paper game as well as Space Invaders on the original Atari 2600)

I was very dissapointed to hear about the change to Sep 8th and I haven't preordered. I hope that Ubisoft can make some kind of arrangement with Steam and/or other outlets for those of you who have already been charged for pre-orders. (I don't have any affiliation with the company)

I wasn't aware that distribution will be digital only. That is likewise a disappointment but I'll make do.

I think that Ubisoft (for good reason) wants to avoid the fate of Elemental: War of Magic. For those of you who might not know, Elemental was released with a ton of bugs, no multiplayer and very bad reviews from a wide range of sources. The developer issued a personal apology to everyone who purchased the game, promising to give them the next 2 expansions for free if they bought Elemtnal within the first few months of release.

I was saddened by this (I haven't bought the game) because I love Stardock's Galactic Civilizations II and was looking forward to them working their magic in a world of magic.

FYI, my policy for the past few years has been to wait until a game has been post-release reviewed several times before purchasing it. I don't consider myself qualified to BETA test. I also have a very real fear of buying a game and finding out that my computer isn't nice enough to play it reliably.

My point is this,

People have every right to be angry and disappointed at the release delay. I hope that Ubisoft will use the time to make an outstanding game and that there will be no further delays in the release date. I would rather have a delayed game than a poor one.

Having said that,

I ask Ubisoft to not overthink the game. I recall the very long delays in Master of Orion 3. Despite the immense amount of game development time, it still was a very poor product (based on reviews and customer satisfaction) and it was the death knell of the Master of Orion franchise. HOMM IV was also delayed a lot and many people were very disappointed in it (I personally liked it, though less than HOMM III).

On a final note,

Women have been depicted in various ways in fantasy literature and games for the past century (to say nothing of women's roles in ancient or medieval tales). The existence of women in a fantasy game, even as warriors, is hardly an anachronism. How women are depicted in fantasy products is of course controversial and I agree that they shouldn't serve as mere male eye candy.

Let's please leave discussions about male/female anatomical differences and their depictions in video games to other forums. I also have no interest in reading about someone else's sexual history.

Alderbranchh
04-22-2011, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Sorceresss:
I was tempted to report your post, but I chose the direct approach.

Well met again sorceresss, good to see you here again. Long time its been.
As for the need to report. Im still on top of things here and actually do stuff like read the posts but do feel free to report anyway. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ill now take a direct approach.
This thread has gone totally off topic and as such it will be closed.