PDA

View Full Version : FSAutoStart has corrupted my PF. Help..!

Jungmann
11-26-2004, 06:30 PM
My PF has been running pretty good--decent times on mission loads and mission quits, good graphics, FPS.

Today, I DL'd FSAutoStart in, I dunno--my quest for perfection. Killed some services, installed it, opened the game and got some display corruption. Enough for that--get rid of it.

So I uninstalled in control panel. Still problems--long load times, longer quit times, odd display glitches. I went to MSConfig and restored all my services. No better. I did a system restore. I did chkdsk, defragged--all the old favorites. Still have some FSAutoStart infection I can't get rid of.

Any suggestions for getting my game back to specs, short of a re-install? Any game files to check or edit? Oh, and using old and new .exe makes no difference.

Thanks to the community.

Jungmann
11-26-2004, 06:30 PM
My PF has been running pretty good--decent times on mission loads and mission quits, good graphics, FPS.

Today, I DL'd FSAutoStart in, I dunno--my quest for perfection. Killed some services, installed it, opened the game and got some display corruption. Enough for that--get rid of it.

So I uninstalled in control panel. Still problems--long load times, longer quit times, odd display glitches. I went to MSConfig and restored all my services. No better. I did a system restore. I did chkdsk, defragged--all the old favorites. Still have some FSAutoStart infection I can't get rid of.

Any suggestions for getting my game back to specs, short of a re-install? Any game files to check or edit? Oh, and using old and new .exe makes no difference.

Thanks to the community.

deltorro
11-26-2004, 07:56 PM
Pretty interesting seeing that FSAutoStart doesn't actually manipulate any files. All it does is shut down and start up certain services and programs. Chances are that you may have shut something down that shouldn't have been.