PDA

View Full Version : Few players in HL

antonis2010
06-19-2011, 10:45 AM
After spending a year to learn this game, i realize that many players has leave IL2.
It is not strange i think. I will leave too.
Why? Coz there are only 2 - 3 servers with real settings only.

"Spit vs 109s": This is not spit vs 109s. Is "109s against all"!!! Also we must spend a lot of time and the half of our fuell just to go the target! They say "Is a real war". How about theese guys who working all the day and have a few time to play? (There are people with life out of IL2?)

"BattleofBritain": It was a great server but now we have P39, P38, P51... We play in Italy, in Africa, and between Americans and Japanese also! Great. From FW190 to Zeke! I have to notice here that there is not CR2 protection any more. So all mods are welcome! And we have to load all the time all the untested patches and try to solve the problems (the last i face was the solid grey cockpit in G2).

WHEN SOMETHING IS GO WELL WE HAVE TO DESTROY IT.

"Dedicado": You have Bf109. You see a bogey in front of you at 400m. You press zoom button and is a Spit. Don't worry it's FRIENTLY!!! The Bf109 in his tail is the enemy. Xexexe! (Same planes for both sides).

I think that's why so many people has leave the HL. There is not logic there.

(To the teams who upgrade the IL2: You forgot to destroy the Seafire flight model (in UP3) like you did with Spitfire. Destroy this too plz).

Sillius_Sodus
06-19-2011, 11:35 AM
UKDedicated is a good server which flies without mods.

BattleofBritain is actually pretty good, I went on for the first time yesterday. The Tunisia map was nice and the limited planeset keeps thing fairly equal.

Skies of Valor is pretty good too.

In the ned, it's hard to do well unless you fly as a team.

DD_crash
06-19-2011, 12:36 PM
Why not find a squad that flies the way you like?

antonis2010
06-19-2011, 04:08 PM
I speak about real settings servers (all settings checked).

I was in a Squad and i'm very disapoigned. The only think i could do there was to keep clear my leader six. And when i ask about strategies and dogfight tricks, what they say? "Read Shaw's book". That' why i have leave.

All the useful tricks i really have learn was from my opponents in "BattleOfBritain" server coz some of them are really good. I will never join a squad again.

But this is not the point, the point is that after some smart guys has destroyed Spit flight model many red players has leave IL2. And when the admins of servers do things depends of how they wake up the morning, the will see less and less people join their servers.

Erkki_M
06-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Try CZ_AH. Usually shows only 1-2 or 0 players in HL, but usually peaks at about 40 players every evening, even if HL only shows 4 or 5. Most join it directly.

http://www.aholubi.org/en/il2server.php

PhantomKira
06-19-2011, 06:44 PM
I'll second the "find another squad" statement. Don't give up just because your first experience was a bad one. Then again, it's your time, no point in spending it on something that you believe isn't worth it.

First off, I haven't had much luck with HyperLobby, either.

Second: Yes, sometimes people feel like flying differently on a given day. Change is inevitable, and it's good not to get in a rut.

Your 109/Spitfire hybrid is a fault that I've run into before. It has something to do with how the game runs. I had a 109 in formation with P-40s. It acted friendly, but as I saw a 109, I shot it up. Everyone else was wondering out loud why I was shooting up this P-40, which is what they all saw on their screens. It's a game glitch.

I've said this before here, and I'm saying it again for you: I'm not 100% happy with the way my squad does things. It is unlikely that you'll ever be 100% happy with any squad you join, either. Fact of life. HOWEVER: These guys support each other. Someone has questions, we have not only answers, but explanations. Everyone started somewhere, and this squad doesn't leave those who don't know something out in the cold.

Just because your squad does things one way, doesn't necessarily mean you can't find people within the same squad who want to do things slightly differently.

We have a small group in my squad that does things differently from the mainstream when on our own. Specifically, we fly without icons or labels. This adds immersion that is lacking in the way the squad does things as a whole.

Robert L. Shaw's book, Fighter Combat: Tactics and Maneuvering, was a good suggestion, as I understand it. Here's a link: Fighter Combat (http://www.amazon.com/Fighter-Combat-Maneuvering-Robert-Shaw/dp/0870210599). I'm fairly sure your local library could get a hold of it for you.

DKoor
06-19-2011, 06:51 PM
If you want to play something that remotely resembles reality coop is probably the only way to go online. Providing all players are abiding their duties you'll have best real thing experience as far as this game can provide it.
I'm afraid quake servers with players stalking each other to rack up the kills ain't gonna cut it. Difficulty settings are irrelevant.

Luno13
06-19-2011, 07:21 PM
Your 109/Spitfire hybrid is a fault that I've run into before. It has something to do with how the game runs. I had a 109 in formation with P-40s. It acted friendly, but as I saw a 109, I shot it up. Everyone else was wondering out loud why I was shooting up this P-40, which is what they all saw on their screens. It's a game glitch.

I've not heard of that problem before :O When does that usually happen?

antonis2010
06-20-2011, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Erkki_M:
Try CZ_AH. Usually shows only 1-2 or 0 players in HL, but usually peaks at about 40 players every evening, even if HL only shows 4 or 5. Most join it directly.

Thanks, i add it, i will try it.

antonis2010
06-20-2011, 06:47 AM
i speak about the servers, not the squads. Remember Shaw's book, page292:
"...The fighter pilot is an independent character. He doesn't like too many
people around him. He is an individualist.
Colonel Erich "Bubi" Hartmann, GAP"

"...It is difficult for large numbers of men to change position, so their movements
can be easily predicted. An individual can easily change his mind, so
his movements are difficult to predict.
Miyamoto Musashi..."

Maybe i'm not the squad guy. But i like to fly online when the servers are interesting

antonis2010
06-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Erkki_M:

Erkki i think that is a great server, thanks a lot