PDA

View Full Version : ROLEPLAYING??????????

reaktor
12-06-2007, 04:16 AM
Does anyone here Roleplay in AC?? Things i like to do to make it more 'real' and immersive..

1) Turn off ALL hud's especially GPS.

2) Never fast travel, always return to musayaf by horse after a hit.

3) Use the streets, only climb roofs when i need to.

4) stop and listen to public speakers.

5) meditate somewhere quiet/serene before im about to make a hit.

6) Always run far away when i pickpocket and find a quiet spot to read the new information ie bench/rooftop hut.

7) Tend not to help civilians, the guards are calling them thief then i assume they have been caught thieving, which isnt suprising considering all the beggars... if they dont wanna get arrested they shouldnt steal.

8) try not to kill anyone except my target, never kill rooftop archers unless absolutely necessary...

Anyone else have some ideas?

Sgt.Burger
12-06-2007, 05:26 AM
8) try not to kill anyone except my target, never kill rooftop archers unless absolutely necessary...

Anyone else have some ideas?

Well, RP-wise, if you are seen by one, it would be absolutely necessary, even if you get away, as they could alert the rest of the possible presence of an intruder.

In other words, make sure to get rid of "witnesses". http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

DreamerM
12-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Right. Guards are not innocents in the Assassin's Creed. They are obsticles with sharp objects and intent to use them. On you.

Kill 'em. Preferably quietly.

Hack_and_Slash
12-06-2007, 02:10 PM
I gave myself rules of engagement for the second run, sort of roleplaying I guess, though not like my D&D days:

1.Never fast warp travel
2.Attack and eliminate all Christian Military personel possible. They ARE invaders after all. I won't kill any civilians of any religion if possible to avoid.
3.Only fight with Muslim soldiers as a last resort, or if assigned as a hit by an informer or necesary to a rescue.
4.Rescue everyone in need. Altair is the original "Batman" in this second run.
5. Use the streets primarily.

I like the idea of reading letters in secure locales...the HUD though...how has navigation been? I find I get too easily lost w/ no street names!

Destrier
12-06-2007, 04:12 PM
3.Only fight with Muslim soldiers as a last resort, or if assigned as a hit by an informer or necesary to a rescue.

That ones gonna be hard to stick by!! I bet you still kill a hundred of them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

It sounds like fun though. I know in my second go through im going to play without hud.

unnamedninja
12-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Not quite roleplaying (or actually maybe it is) But for the guy who likes the batman idea. Don't rescue the people from the guards, just kill the guards and walk away. That way, Altair doesn't take any credit! like a true superhero should act.

Also once you rescue everyone the game becomes even more easier than before (easier is boring) If you just walk away then the guards will respawn when you re-enter the city, which also expands the replayability since you can do infinite rescues.

reaktor
12-07-2007, 05:47 AM
playing without GPS makes this game a LOT better.. sure it takes longer to gather information but thats the point right? finding the info becomes part of the game rather than a tedious neccesity by following a point on the GPS.. where is the sense of accomplishment or exploraiton in that??? without the GPS you have to memorise the environment.

stix489
12-07-2007, 05:48 AM
I still haven't tried it out! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/disagree.gif