PDA

View Full Version : I wonder... am I getting crappier at FB?

SeaFireLIV
01-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Went on a the usual squad flying mission. It was bad weather and so pretty windy (you don`t hear wind or anything, but it`s there apparently).

Anyway, everyone gets up except another guy and myself. We were flying Spits.

No matter how much right rudder I put down, the plane insists on turning left. I speed up, slowdown - it does nothing. I veer off the runway and stop on the taxi-way... i`m stuck on what to do.

On the taxi way, I use hard brakes, full right rudder, 30% power and manage to face straight. I lock the tail wheel. I slowly push the engine throttle, add a little break - instant nose over, prop busted.

Why is it that everyone seems to get up without a problem pretty quickly and it feels like a giant hand has grabbed my plane and is simply pulling my plane left NO MATTER WHAT I DO?? Let`s also remember i`ve been flying like 2 years.

This was never a problem until I got the CH Pro rudder pedals. I`m sure it`s something to do with them - could they be faulty? Or set wrongly? Is there an ideal rudder pedal setting I can use in the configuaration?

I wouldn`t normally ask here, but even my Squad, (who most use rudder pedals) don`t seem to know what I`m doing wrong , so i`m checking here.

In the meantime I`m going to do a full reformat (for different reasons) and reinstall it all and try again.

SeaFireLIV
01-26-2006, 05:03 PM
Went on a the usual squad flying mission. It was bad weather and so pretty windy (you don`t hear wind or anything, but it`s there apparently).

Anyway, everyone gets up except another guy and myself. We were flying Spits.

No matter how much right rudder I put down, the plane insists on turning left. I speed up, slowdown - it does nothing. I veer off the runway and stop on the taxi-way... i`m stuck on what to do.

On the taxi way, I use hard brakes, full right rudder, 30% power and manage to face straight. I lock the tail wheel. I slowly push the engine throttle, add a little break - instant nose over, prop busted.

Why is it that everyone seems to get up without a problem pretty quickly and it feels like a giant hand has grabbed my plane and is simply pulling my plane left NO MATTER WHAT I DO?? Let`s also remember i`ve been flying like 2 years.

This was never a problem until I got the CH Pro rudder pedals. I`m sure it`s something to do with them - could they be faulty? Or set wrongly? Is there an ideal rudder pedal setting I can use in the configuaration?

I wouldn`t normally ask here, but even my Squad, (who most use rudder pedals) don`t seem to know what I`m doing wrong , so i`m checking here.

In the meantime I`m going to do a full reformat (for different reasons) and reinstall it all and try again.

Waldo.Pepper
01-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Make a mission in fmb with you starting on the runway.

Start the mission go external.

Kick the rudders around and see where the actual rudders stops. View from stern on.

I bet the rudder ends up not centered!

If it does check calibration of the pedals.

Then do it all again.

(also check rudder trim as well).

I had a similar problem like yours the other day. I had to recalibrate the pedals and my trim box).

MLudner
01-26-2006, 05:20 PM
When my last set of pedals went bad they acted like I was putting in full left rudder no matter what input I was actually giving. This led to things like my aircraft making a tight left turn as I attempted to make my take-off run so that I would end up on the taxiway facing the opposite direction from which I had started. No attempt at recalibration worked.

However, if yours are new, then it's probably just a calibration problem.

SeaFireLIV
01-27-2006, 12:06 AM
Thnx, guys. It gets particularly annoying when a trainee thinks he can quip out some comment on my `performance` without consideration of the other possibilities. I`ll try said settings.

SeaFireLIV
01-27-2006, 12:17 AM
As I said, i`m also doing a reformat. Just been checking latest drivers and discovered a Ch manager 4.0! I`ve been using 3.60. Could this be the cause of my problems?

We shall see.

madsarmy
01-27-2006, 03:00 AM
Seafire I had the same problem when I got my Pro Pedals a few weeks ago.
The latest CH manager worked for me. Make sure you uninstall the old version first. Then you should be able to set them up no problem.
I then adjusted the settings in-game to how I wanted them(dumbed down a lot).
Also if you were using a twist stick before make sure you have disabaled it in controls options in-game.

Pedals take some getting used to after using a twist stick for years http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif
My take off & landings are still very much a seat of the pants job but I'm getting there slowly http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif

stathem
01-27-2006, 03:12 AM
I'm due to get a set middle of next week;

Just a quick question, when you say re-calibrate, is that done in the Ch software itself?

JG52Uther
01-27-2006, 03:20 AM
I dont use the CH software myself.Just plugged them in and transferred the settings i had for my rocker rudder on my X45.Could not fly without them now.

madsarmy
01-27-2006, 03:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stathem:
I'm due to get a set middle of next week;

Just a quick question, when you say re-calibrate, is that done in the Ch software itself? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

stathem
Go to control panel/game controllers, as the CH software directs you to there first. then it will take you into the CH software were you can callibrate.