PDA

View Full Version : AC2 Glyph 20

Poodle_of_Doom
08-19-2011, 09:40 AM
You all can see what I'm about to address at about 2:40 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGd9FR_iU_0) in the video.

That said, is it just me, or does it sound like S16 was taking his final breaths right there while he was talking to Lucy? I reference specifically how he sounds like he's gasping (which could be because he was upset), but later goes on to draw a couple deep breaths, and expel the last one like a dying person would. Thoughts?

LightRey
08-19-2011, 09:48 AM
That's what I'm thinking too. He must've been busy making all those Animus programs right up till the point he died.

Mikatsuki95
08-19-2011, 12:24 PM
The "she sees me raise the knife" line, that wasn't the first time he said it, it was said in an earlier puzzle. It doesn't make sense Lucy was in the room and 16 was telling her that right before he cut himself. She said when you find the first glyph "...he must have hacked the Animus when Vidic left him alone between sessions." Thats when he was making those recordings, while he was "alone". The only way it makes sense that he was addressing Lucy is if he assumed she would be monitoring the Animus when Desmond found the glyphs.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 12:29 PM
I think at that point he was totally ready to kill himself, and was imagining how it would play out. because the bleeding effect works by making you have multiple personalities across all the ancestors you've seen, he repeated a line from a memory he experience before, where he "raised a knife" to kill a woman he had just raped. (16 was related to some nasty people, it seems.)

twenty_glyphs
08-19-2011, 12:46 PM
You all make good points. The thing I still don't get about how Subject 16 "hacked" the Animus is, with what? Was he using Lucy's computer next to the machine to create the files and then hiding them in the Animus software? Where is he getting the pictures and videos? Possibly from Abstergo's system itself, since he does mention that it's getting easier and easier to hack into their system. Did Lucy rig the cameras for him so he could snoop around at night like Desmond? All of this means he must be experienced with computers as well.

If his line "she sees me raise the knife" really are his last words, it's kind of odd that he'd raise a knife in the air to kill himself while recording the audio, then hit "Save" on the computer to save that glyph file into the Animus, then finally bring the knife down to kill himself in front of Lucy. On top of that, if Lucy did see him raise the knife to kill himself, how would he possibly have enough time to paint all the symbols he did without her trying to save him from himself?

LightRey
08-19-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
You all make good points. The thing I still don't get about how Subject 16 "hacked" the Animus is, with what? Was he using Lucy's computer next to the machine to create the files and then hiding them in the Animus software? Where is he getting the pictures and videos? Possibly from Abstergo's system itself, since he does mention that it's getting easier and easier to hack into their system. Did Lucy rig the cameras for him so he could snoop around at night like Desmond? All of this means he must be experienced with computers as well.

If his line "she sees me raise the knife" really are his last words, it's kind of odd that he'd raise a knife in the air to kill himself while recording the audio, then hit "Save" on the computer to save that glyph file into the Animus, then finally bring the knife down to kill himself in front of Lucy. On top of that, if Lucy did see him raise the knife to kill himself, how would he possibly have enough time to paint all the symbols he did without her trying to save him from himself?
I think it's quite possible he was able to hack the animus while being inside of it.

Cercatrova
08-19-2011, 01:01 PM
It is almost certainly him reliving past memories through bleeding effect. he mentions guillotine, being shot, and drowned.

twenty_glyphs
08-19-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
I think it's quite possible he was able to hack the animus while being inside of it.

That's occurred to me too, though it seems odd. I would think that all of his sessions were supervised by Vidic like Desmond's were, so how could he get away with that? How could he record his voice from inside the machine? In the end I don't really care about a full explanation, but it's fun to speculate.

LightRey
08-19-2011, 01:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

That's occurred to me too, though it seems odd. I would think that all of his sessions were supervised by Vidic like Desmond's were, so how could he get away with that? How could he record his voice from inside the machine? In the end I don't really care about a full explanation, but it's fun to speculate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm guessing Lucy let him wander around in between sessions just like she let Desmond.

Calvarok
08-19-2011, 01:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

That's occurred to me too, though it seems odd. I would think that all of his sessions were supervised by Vidic like Desmond's were, so how could he get away with that? How could he record his voice from inside the machine? In the end I don't really care about a full explanation, but it's fun to speculate. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
he sneaked out at night like Desmond did, and Vidic just left him in for long periods of time with no supervision. that's why Lucy was so worried about Desmond taking breaks.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
That's what I'm thinking too. He must've been busy making all those Animus programs right up till the point he died.

I think he may of had help getting them into the system, or at least the last one.

Originally posted by Mikatsuki95:
The "she sees me raise the knife" line, that wasn't the first time he said it, it was said in an earlier puzzle. It doesn't make sense Lucy was in the room and 16 was telling her that right before he cut himself. She said when you find the first glyph "...he must have hacked the Animus when Vidic left him alone between sessions." Thats when he was making those recordings, while he was "alone". The only way it makes sense that he was addressing Lucy is if he assumed she would be monitoring the Animus when Desmond found the glyphs.

No one ever referenced that line in particular, we referenced his breathing. But since you brought it up, I'll address it. In regards to him having said it once before, when I originally heard it, he also mentioned something about being stabbed, and drowning, and being shot. I just assumed it was another thing he did, or an assassination we was on.

However, in regards to the second time, in the video I posted above, I do believe he was taking his dying breath, and began to hallucinate again, as Lucy was right there. I think the two were unrelated. Him talking to Lucy and the hallucinations that is.

At that, has anyone else noted the choice of phrasing he uses, and how it's pecular when he's talking about dying? He says "Lucy, I just can't wait anymore." What does he mean he can't wait anymore? Had he been waiting? For what? Had Lucy been encouraging him to hold on? For what? Was there a fix for the hallucinations?

At that though, in his degridation, I do believe someone may have helped him towards the end....

ShaneO7K
08-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

At that, has anyone else noted the choice of phrasing he uses, and how it's pecular when he's talking about dying? He says "Lucy, I just can't wait anymore." What does he mean he can't wait anymore? Had he been waiting? For what? Had Lucy been encouraging him to hold on? For what? Was there a fix for the hallucinations?

At that though, in his degridation, I do believe someone may have helped him towards the end....

Lucy was probably going to find a way for him to escape, so probably encouraged him to co=operate with Abstergo until she could get him out of there.

And mulitple personalities of all these differen't people probably just broke him down slowly and eventually couldn't take it anymore.

If there is subject 16 puzzles I hope each part lets us see what he was going through at Abstergo and then we meet him again in the animus.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-19-2011, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

Lucy was probably going to find a way for him to escape, so probably encouraged him to co=operate with Abstergo until she could get him out of there.

And mulitple personalities of all these differen't people probably just broke him down slowly and eventually couldn't take it anymore.

If there is subject 16 puzzles I hope each part lets us see what he was going through at Abstergo and then we meet him again in the animus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah... some diffinitive answers would be nice...

ShaneO7K
08-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:

If there is subject 16 puzzles I hope each part lets us see what he was going through at Abstergo and then we meet him again in the animus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah... some diffinitive answers would be nice... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is what I had to say to that specific part of your question. It was an opinion and there would be know completly factual answer to at this point.

Don't ask for our thoughts when you are just going act like a complete *** when you get them.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

Yeah... some diffinitive answers would be nice... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is what I had to say to that specific part of your question. It was an opinion and there would be know completly factual answer to at this point.

Don't ask for our thoughts when you are just going act like a complete *** when you get them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only one acting the part of a punkassed ******* is you. For the love of Christ, all I did was agreee with you, you bipolar son of a *****...