PDA

View Full Version : All Track IR a Question

XyZspineZyX
07-20-2003, 08:11 PM
I have just had track IR and I'm still sorting out a few prob's the one problem I have is how do I set it up to work Upside down. The reason being is, I have a shelve just above my Monitor and it would be an ideal place to put the Track IR underneath the shelve but I cannot get it to scan upside down without everthing being back to front, if I look up I look down on the screen ect. I have changed the camera rotation switch to 180 degrees but that still will not work. Have I missed something or is it something I change in FB?

Can anyone help out please?

Cheers

XyZspineZyX
07-20-2003, 08:11 PM
I have just had track IR and I'm still sorting out a few prob's the one problem I have is how do I set it up to work Upside down. The reason being is, I have a shelve just above my Monitor and it would be an ideal place to put the Track IR underneath the shelve but I cannot get it to scan upside down without everthing being back to front, if I look up I look down on the screen ect. I have changed the camera rotation switch to 180 degrees but that still will not work. Have I missed something or is it something I change in FB?

Can anyone help out please?

Cheers

XyZspineZyX
07-20-2003, 09:08 PM
I think on the "tracking" pane you can select to invert the X or Y axis (or both) under "camera settings" or something. Sorry I can't be more precise, I'm in the midst of a reinstall and trackIR/FB are still not installed.

<hr width="400">Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and have their
shoes!
http://members.rogers.com/teemaz/sig.jpg (http://www.jagdgeschwader1.com)

XyZspineZyX
07-20-2003, 09:18 PM
yep check x axis invert and y axis invert (blue when checked) on tracking page set camera rot to 0 deg
seems to work on mine

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the input lads but still cannot get it to work upside down any other ideas?

cheers

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 06:04 PM
In the tracking tab there's an option for 'Camera Rotation'. Set it to 180 degrees...

<p align="center"> http://www.1stclassproperties.ca/mr/Spit.jpg
Tongue-tied & twisted,
just an earthbound misfit,
I.
</CENTER>
</p>

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 08:56 PM
I've tried that but when I go back to the Tracking tab there are 3 button highlighted 0, 180 and 270! I have at the mommet removed the software and started again I'm using your set Dexmeister thanks thay seem fine for me at the mo. Do you get better response the closer you are to the unit I still seem to be cranking my neck around still just to check my six, am I to far away?

Thanks for the advise

Cheers

XyZspineZyX
07-22-2003, 09:39 PM
There is an optimum distance from dot to camera. The optimum distance is only important to make the trackIR track the dot well.

The trackIR tracks best when the yellow dot in the tracking window is as big as possible. Preferably about as big as the sticky dot.

But if you move closer to the IR camera, you may notice that the surrounding box may turn from green to red. When the surrounding box is red, the trackIR stops tracking. For better tracking it can also help to max out the sizes of the filters (height/width)

So optimum distance is as close to the camera as possible but at the same time the surrounding box must remain green at all times.

The speedsettings influence how large your headmovements must be. Set the speed higher, then you will need less headmovement to get a big virtual headmovement. Vice versa set the speed lower and you'll need a lot of headmovement for instance to check behind you.

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 07:32 AM
Thanks Lads, since I have reinstalled the software I can now place the unit upside down and everything works fine. Removeing the software earlier must have cleared some glitch I had.

Will keep meeein with the speed to get the head movement as small as possible.

Thank you all for the advice

Cheers

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 08:01 AM
Sorry spoke to soon just going to have a fly and its back to normal, when I highlight the Blue dot next to the 180 degrees then leave and go to the Tracking Tab, when I return to the Camera Tab I have the O,180 and 270 blue dots highlighted.

In the Tracking Tab it seems to work fine with everything moving correctly (remember I have the unit upside down) but as soon as I open up IL2FB it starts to work the opposite way - look left and the screen goes to the right, look up and the screen will look down. I am getting desperate for help on this I am begining to wonder if it was worth it.

Cheers

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 08:44 AM
When you make a change to any settings you have to save the profile to make them stick.

So make all your adjustments then go to profiles and click on"il2 forgoten battles" then click on "create new" and give it a name your profile will be saved.

Oh and make sure you select enhanced mode before you save.

No1RAAF_Pourshot

XO No1RAAF

some are the hunters the rest are the hunted

Message Edited on 07/23/0306:46PM by pourshot

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 08:54 AM
yep

also select for FB to autoload that saved profile on startup

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 09:29 AM
sorry sig test /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

No1RAAF_Pourshot

XO No1RAAF

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~andycarroll68/smash.gif

Were's the Anykey

XyZspineZyX
07-23-2003, 08:54 PM
Thanks again lads seem to have cracked it, now just one more question, I have it set up OK so far but I do find it difficult to keep my head still I'm jumping around in the cockpit just with the slightest of movements, could some explain how to set up the Deadzone so small head movements are not registered or have I changed the speed to much?

Again thanks for all the help.

Cheers