PDA

View Full Version : disemberment



DixL1keJ3suS
07-28-2010, 05:57 PM
hello ac brotherhood fans im here to talk about dismembermant or the cutting off of heads arms and legs.i saw a demo and the player cut off a borgians arm and i thought it was nifty. im a fan of dismemberment due to the fact of realism in games especially sword fighting games but i also realized that all games arnt realistic.but i hope ubisoft takes a good consideration of it. please comment i would like to hear your intake

Chewitt321
07-28-2010, 06:08 PM
Yh but that means means the could be given an 18 by bbfc which would me from being allowed to play it (my mum). Or it could be banned altogether.

Murcuseo
07-28-2010, 06:23 PM
Can you link us to the video you speak of please?

I can't remember seeing anything like that...

AC:B already has a PEGI 18 rating in the UK so dismemberment could possibly be added to the game but I really don't see the need for it. I'd say the current level of gore is pretty spot on.

masterfenix2009
07-28-2010, 11:18 PM
id say the amont of blood is good not gore but it doesnt need it

El_Sjietah
07-29-2010, 06:06 AM
Dismemberment in sword fighting games is actually very unrealistic. Swords can't cut through bone. The only dismemberment that's somewhat possible in a sword fight is beheading, because of the way our spinal cord is build.

Ru1986
07-29-2010, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Chewitt321:
Yh but that means means the could be given an 18 by bbfc which would me from being allowed to play it (my mum). Or it could be banned altogether.
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif AWWWWWW

Ru1986
07-29-2010, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Dismemberment in sword fighting games is actually very unrealistic. Swords can't cut through bone. The only dismemberment that's somewhat possible in a sword fight is beheading, because of the way our spinal cord is build.

Once again mate you make the most intelligent point on here. Its almost impossible to dismemberment anyone wiht a sword. Even your head theory is unlikley that why the French had to use the Guillotine (spelt wrong sorry) for their beheadings have you seen the size of the blade on that thing?

AMuppetMatt
07-29-2010, 06:34 AM
So in short, unless we're on horseback with a giant mother-trucking sword-axe thing, we're not gonna be lopping pieces off of peoples bodies?

Not even worth putting in the game then.

Keep it as it is, it's just about perfect at the moment with no need to turn it into some sort of massacre.

notafanboy
07-29-2010, 06:40 AM
i think the game needs a little little more gore but i dont want to cut guards heads off
i think the guards should take damage on their armor and bodys and a little blood should pour out of them nothing more

jimbo11235813
07-29-2010, 07:28 AM
I don't know much about swords, but, talking about realism, I used to be in an archery club and I was told that films (and games) never got the realism right when it came to arrows. An arrow shot from a bow can go straight through the body (even through Knights armour according to this website. (http://www.lisashea.com/lisabase/writing/medieval/bowsarrows.html)

El_Sjietah
07-29-2010, 07:36 AM
That's because arrows have a tip, which means all force is applied to only a very small spot. When you have a bladetype weapon, the force gets spread out over the entire area of impact, much reducing the local force in any specific point.

And aside from that, I'm fairly certain arrows can't pierce bones either. Shatter them, sure, but not go straight through them. The biggest reason why an arrow can penetrate an entire human body is because it's slim enough to pass by any bones. A sword can do the same when thrusted.

thekyle0
07-29-2010, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Dismemberment in sword fighting games is actually very unrealistic. Swords can't cut through bone. The only dismemberment that's somewhat possible in a sword fight is beheading, because of the way our spinal cord is build. That's not entirely true. I would certainly agree that most of the swords used in Assassin's Creed wouldn't be able to do it, but if you use a sword such as the Ottoman Kilij, a heavy sword with a weighted tip, dismemberment is a real possibility. Even certain varieties of scimitars can pull it off (pun intended) if you strike with sufficient force and accuracy.

El_Sjietah
07-29-2010, 08:41 AM
Fair enough. Still, I'd say aiming for dismemberment wouldn't be the most efficient fighting technique.

And aren't weighted tip swords a ***** to handle due to the whole balance thing being out of whack?

thekyle0
07-29-2010, 09:07 AM
Are maces or halberds a ***** to handle? The Kilij is primarily a slashing sword. Perfect balance is better for a sword that you can stab and thrust with.

And you're absolutely right about dismemberment not being an efficient fighting technique. It's so difficult to do when your target is really bent on not losing their limbs. Also, I think it's clear that Assassin's Creed recycles fighting moves from game to game and I can't think of a single counter or combo move that Ezio does which could dismember somebody. Most of his counters/combos are focused on attacking the torso with the vital organs and spinal cord, which is just as sure a way to kill a man.

SlimeDynamiteD
07-29-2010, 09:09 AM
I agree with Kyle.

bassguy12
07-29-2010, 12:40 PM
Uhm. From the TV show Deadliest Warrior I have seen tests with various swords that cut a dead pig clean in half and they use ballistics gel which is similar to human flesh and i saw quite a few sword dismemberments...

SBRedFlag
07-29-2010, 01:30 PM
Wait, before this gets any farther, where did the OP see the disemberment because it's certainly not in any video I've seen.

Secondly, even if disemberment IS possible, I wouldn't want to see it in the game, mostly because the Assassin's fighting style is still focused on clean, effective killing, a category which does not include lopping off apendages.

Thirdly, to whoever said their mom won't let them play the game if it's a certain rating: Unless you have an overprotective mom and are like 18 or something, (which I assume you're not) your mom is probably right. Assassin's Creed is not meant for 10 year olds (not saying that you're 10, but not saying that you aren't, either).

Murcuseo
07-29-2010, 01:57 PM
I'm still waiting on a link to this video aswell to be honest...

Abeonis
07-29-2010, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Chewitt321:
Yh but that means means the could be given an 18 by bbfc which would me from being allowed to play it (my mum). Or it could be banned altogether.

Psssssst. It already is an 18. Besides, BBFC no longer rate games in the UK; that's PEGI's responsibility now.

VRTX97
07-29-2010, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by bassguy12:
Uhm. From the TV show Deadliest Warrior I have seen tests with various swords that cut a dead pig clean in half and they use ballistics gel which is similar to human flesh and i saw quite a few sword dismemberments...


You already said it. Ballistics Gel, but where are the bones huh?

masterfenix2009
07-30-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by sbredflag:
Wait, before this gets any farther, where did the OP see the disemberment because it's certainly not in any video I've seen.

Secondly, even if disemberment IS possible, I wouldn't want to see it in the game, mostly because the Assassin's fighting style is still focused on clean, effective killing, a category which does not include lopping off apendages.

Thirdly, to whoever said their mom won't let them play the game if it's a certain rating: Unless you have an overprotective mom and are like 18 or something, (which I assume you're not) your mom is probably right. Assassin's Creed is not meant for 10 year olds (not saying that you're 10, but not saying that you aren't, either). I personally think anyone can play it. Swearing isnt a big deal and theres not too much blood.The deaths were cool but didnt make me wince once.I let my 5 year old brother play it a couple days ago

SBRedFlag
07-31-2010, 09:25 AM
I'm not going to judge your judgment here, but personally, I wouldn't let a 5 year play any M (or 18, whatever) rated game just because since they weren't the target audience, the game was made in a way that would be unsuitable for them.

(mostly, though, I don't like 10 year olds on the AC forums :P )